Drifting or Racing?
(69 posts, started )

Poll : What do you practice the most?

Racing
Both Racing and Drifting equally
Drifting
i race when servers full and i drift on empty servers
Mostly drifting
LFS is for racing. Drifting is a mere byproduct of a great physics but it speaks volumes about the quality physics engine when it works at the extremes of motor vehicles. Like a drag car would
Most of the time I'm racing, but sometimes I drift a little bit.
In before th--

Meh... just close the damn thing already.
Quote from Riders Motion :It's the kind of comment that needs to be avoided to keep the thread clean

why it's not an insult it's the truth,Racing FTW !
Lately I've been autocrossing.
Do you need a TrackIR Bob?
one upon a time, thousands of years ago, i watched Initial D and wanted to drift, as I don't have a car I downloaded a racing simulator called LFS and the light at the end of the tunnel stroke me down and then god appeared and said "my children, do you have a cigarette?" and then I was useless in drifting but quite good at racing, so I understood that god was nothing else but a cart board figure that my brother left behind the window.

Insanity overtakes me.
I sometimes drift, I call it a mistake.
Never drifted, kind of doubt I ever will.
Quote from Gabkicks :going sideways is a mistake 99% of the time in racing

Going sideways on rallycross tracks is not a mistake. I suppose one could call rallycross driftracing.

I race. Mainly because I can´t drift.... or race for that matter either... Uhm... what was I trying to say again?
Quote from duke_toaster :LFS is for racing. Drifting is a mere byproduct ............

that's a silly statement to make imo. it's like saying you can't play a game of football in a field because the field is there for the cows. lfs was designed for racing yes. but what a user does with it when they buy a license is up to the user. imo drifting take alot of skill to master (just like racing) but the one thing drifting does do is help the driver learn alot about car control. if a racer and a drifter have the exact same tankslapper, 9/10 times the drifter will have the car under control faster than the racer.
it's like the old qestion "which is better, lfs or gtr?" why question it, just get both.
#39 - Jakg
I like racing way more, but i do drift every now and again, and it makes some 1337 looking screenies (look at my avatar for example!). Drifting (imo) is easier to learn, but just as hard to master (ie to keep slides going for long enough to drift cleanly through a turn, and link it to the next turn).

I used to dick about in the demo of LFS, and did for a few days after getting S2, which means that i actually have suprisingly good abilities with doing stuff like handbrake turns, stopping inches from the wall etc, and doing the odd bit of drifting means that i can catch most slides that other people can't seem to.
why do people go to a drift/race thread that started quite intelligent for once, see some people who just answer the question and then make stupd, unproven and disrespectful comments?
this is beyond me...

Drifting, Racing...WHO CARES! Stunting FTW dammit!
I can't race.

I started drifting.

Never stopped.
Quote from squidhead :why do people go to a drift/race thread that started quite intelligent for once, see some people who just answer the question and then make stupd, unproven and disrespectful comments?
this is beyond me...

Drifting, Racing...WHO CARES! Stunting FTW dammit!

now that's a stupd, unproven and disrespectful comment
Quote from dadge : if a racer and a drifter have the exact same tankslapper, 9/10 times the drifter will have the car under control faster than the racer.

No he won't, he'll just carry on the slide as long as possible whilst looking for his "W00t! Look at me! I rock! And check out my cool skin" keybind.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do you need a TrackIR Bob?

Well the other two prizes are no use to me, already got a G25 and 3 displays. Seeya on the server.
Read the PM ya got from me.
I don't find anything wrong with drifting, I just can't do it. I'm learning so I prefer both equally.
#46 - Kaw
Woooow. I never been so satisfied by a thread in here.
Racing Pwns Drifting.
Drifting sucks imo.

Racing all the time.!
Quote from Bob Smith :Lately I've been autocrossing.

Snap! You've also got a PM flying your way, regarding your sig'.
Both.

I drift alot and I think I'm alright at it, but I also race alot with friends
I race more often but will drift for the fun of it. I'm not exactly good at either so it doesn't matter too much !!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :No he won't, he'll just carry on the slide as long as possible whilst looking for his "W00t! Look at me! I rock! And check out my cool skin" keybind.

you sir need to be shot in the head, you act as though all drifters are ricers.

i wasnt gunna post here but this prick ticked me off >.>

i'll leave now -_-

Drifting or Racing?
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG