PIC (34).jpg
I'm doing it wrong.
Attached images
newbie.jpg
heres 2 quick ones i did earlier
Attached images
artistic.jpg
LFS ! copy.jpg
In the current mood of endurance racing, I took this shot of the Aston 24 Hours, using a 30 second shutter speed.
Attached images
Aston24HEdit.jpg
Nah, that isn't 30 seconds, even a 15 second shutter speed will make nighttime look like daytime.

Distance on the car could have been, but if you took a picture like that in real life it'd look like daytime everywhere else.

I love taking photos like that with my mom's camera which is digital and actually has shutter speeds, tons of fun.
Quote from XCNuse :Nah, that isn't 30 seconds, even a 15 second shutter speed will make nighttime look like daytime.

Distance on the car could have been, but if you took a picture like that in real life it'd look like daytime everywhere else.

I love taking photos like that with my mom's camera which is digital and actually has shutter speeds, tons of fun.

Hmmm, what settings would give that? It worked here:

http://67.15.62.73/searchresul ... search=07lmr&page=19#
Those pictures for all you know could have been taken in the range of 5 seconds +. If you set ISO up to .. I don't remember how high my mom's camera went, 1200 I believe if not 800, and set a 15 second shutter open time it'll be fairly bright. I guess I never saved any of my pictures on my computer after taking them, but then again I do live in one of the largest light pollution areas in the US so.. it makes sense.

Those pictures though may be low ISO settings and probably 10 seconds long.

The last one of those four pictures definitely has a higher ISO setting than the second or third, but all most likely have a shutter time of 8 to 10 seconds.
Quote from XCNuse :Those pictures for all you know could have been taken in the range of 5 seconds +. If you set ISO up to .. I don't remember how high my mom's camera went, 1200 I believe if not 800, and set a 15 second shutter open time it'll be fairly bright. I guess I never saved any of my pictures on my computer after taking them, but then again I do live in one of the largest light pollution areas in the US so.. it makes sense.

The last one of those four pictures definitely has a higher ISO setting than the second or third, but all most likely have a shutter time of 8 to 10 seconds.

And I guess there would be at least 4 cars making the trails through the whole corner complex. I must try taking photos like that myself.
Quote from XCNuse :Those pictures for all you know could have been taken in the range of 5 seconds +. If you set ISO up to .. I don't remember how high my mom's camera went, 1200 I believe if not 800, and set a 15 second shutter open time it'll be fairly bright. I guess I never saved any of my pictures on my computer after taking them, but then again I do live in one of the largest light pollution areas in the US so.. it makes sense.

I wouldn't directly use ISO, to make an image brighter. A higher ISO setting will leave you with very bad graining in low light conditions.

You want to increase the exposure and therefore want to either increase shutter speed or increase the aperture size to allow more light to enter.
Good point about aperture, I was zoomed out a fair amount when I have done it before, except once when I did the moon (now that was cool!), it could just be those photos have enough zoom to where not much of those lights light up the ground enough for the camera to capture it.
Quote from XCNuse :Good point about aperture, I was zoomed out a fair amount when I have done it before, except once when I did the moon (now that was cool!), it could just be those photos have enough zoom to where not much of those lights light up the ground enough for the camera to capture it.

Well the reason the ground isn't lit up is that the ground in those places is only lit for a fraction of the amount of time that the light is visible around the areas of the headlights etc.

Therefore, that small amount of time, distributes itself over the 10-15 second exposure and almost gets completley wiped out.

Hard to explain but think I got the point across lol
Quote from XCNuse :Nah, that isn't 30 seconds, even a 15 second shutter speed will make nighttime look like daytime.

i want your camera.

Sometimes even 30" produces almost black image.

for example, this image was several minutes long exposure, 15 minutes iirc
http://don.vn.cz/temp/repo/bulp.jpg

doesnt look like daylight.
Quote from AlexandreAkerman :if i could upload my edited pic of the fxo and rb4 fight

And thats why he was banned... He was a crackah!
...Dalek, if you don't know why someone was banned, please don't geuss and get it wrong.
Well he's right, he is a cracker. Look at his other posts.
Quote from Don :i want your camera.

Sometimes even 30" produces almost black image.

for example, this image was several minutes long exposure, 15 minutes iirc
http://don.vn.cz/temp/repo/bulp.jpg

doesnt look like daylight.

How many stars can you see at night is a better question I guess lol, I can see none (close to none atleast) .
I can wake up in the middle of the night (not midnight but like 3 AM) and the sky just glows almost from all of the light pollution, it isn't pretty.
My mom's camera though is a new Cannon Rebel XTi, its a really nice camera I love it, I hate the lens on it though, it has so little zoom at all.

I'll take some pictures tonight if its not raining and put them up so I can show you how bright it is here at night. (with time lapse of course)

@dalek, listen to Jakg.

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG