The online racing simulator
Patch X Released!
(300 posts, started )
Awesome work, thanks a lot!
Very nice to wake up to
Good work devs, cheers :up:
Probably a dumb question but is anyone getting "could not find restarter program" or similer when trying to use the ingame updater?

If so, How do I fix the problem?
Am I the only one whose Lfs crashes on single player? The second I press Go after choosing car and track, it freezes and closes by itself...Noticed it a bit late because everybody obviously went to multiplayer when the patch was released...

Testpatch 47 works fine...
Quote from Paranoid Android :Am I the only one whose Lfs crashes on single player? The second I press Go after choosing car and track, it freezes and closes by itself...Noticed it a bit late because everybody obviously went to multiplayer when the patch was released...

Testpatch 47 works fine...

doesnt happen on my machine
have you tried installing a fresh version of lfs yet ?
Will the hotlap records be reset?
Great work dev, I know you guys had been working alot since last month.

X!
Its very nice,thx but me and a lot of player this night got so pissed off about the new hotkeys... after lot of years playing in lfs i cant get used to the new hotkeys
Quote from Shotglass :doesnt happen on my machine
have you tried installing a fresh version of lfs yet ?

No, but I did redownload the patch to re-install it.

Now I downloaded Lfs full again, works fine.

Weird things...
Quote from BrandonAGr :Will the hotlap records be reset?

theres no need to reset them ... there were no physics changes
It's great, i like the starts how they are now.

Is it possible to reduce the amount of visable cars? I can't find that in the menu. My pc has problems handling all the cars in T1, but when the field expands more it goes fine. Or is this the time to upgrade
Can anybody give me a direct link on the patch X?
Quote from Deem0n :Can anybody give me a direct link on the patch X?

I used the ingame update (you can choose different mirrors there).
The update system is a bad news for those who have expensive internet at home (LAN w/ payment for traffic or even a modem) and use to download things in the workplace. Now you can't use the khalyava.
I can't seem to connect to the master server. Help anyone?
meh.

Nice patch, but. A very very bad patch for cruise servers.

The repaired car on resets, suck. And turning off resets, just causes major frustration of the cruisers.

Anything possible to solve this?
props from south of the border scawen, i've been waiting for this one to come out right in the middle of exams

you're a legend for spending so damn long fiddling with all that stuff, i know i would have just given up on optomisations and bug testing and made monster truck mode with nawzzs and interchangible spoilers and altezza rear lights and flatout-style tracks and then buggered off to barbados with my billion euroes i made charging extra for nismo stikkaz and neons.

so yeah

keep on truckin', australia loves you more than acdc

yours sincerely,
everyone
It's so good i'm crying... WAH!!!
Thanks for patch X. I only wonder where the 26MB is going... skins maybe?
Quote from marzman :It's great, i like the starts how they are now.

Is it possible to reduce the amount of visable cars? I can't find that in the menu. My pc has problems handling all the cars in T1, but when the field expands more it goes fine. Or is this the time to upgrade

ESC >> OPTIONS >> MISC MENU >> Dynamic LOD Reduction = 1.0

It turns down Level of detail (LOD) automatically when your PC struggles with many cars on screen..... So make that number higher than the default 0.5 so the you get MORE automatic reduction of detail. Make it 1.0

Other hints:
Decrease your User LOD in Graphics.
Try shadow type = "Low Res" or even "OFF" that might help.
Try 16 bit colour instead of 32 bit
Turn of the other details, Full Wheels, Trees, Flags, Rubber
Make Full size textures = NO
Quote from DeKo :are you sure you didnt perhaps hit the TC button?

not sure how I could.I pressed "kick" next to player name by mouse.
Quote from detail :The update system is a bad news for those who have expensive internet at home (LAN w/ payment for traffic or even a modem) and use to download things in the workplace. Now you can't use the khalyava.

How often you need to download official patch....
It takes 2hours on modem connection so thats really not so bad if its once in a long time period.I dont see a problem with that.Look at other games patches with even hundreds MB.

26MB is really not so much even for modem traffic and yes I have started playing LFS on the modem and downloaded every content on modem for a long time as well.you can donwload the X patch standalone as well!!!

Someone asked above why it was 26MB.It went towards the DDS files of the LFS default skins.

SCAWEN thanks once more.Great work you do in your house
Quote from Krammeh :meh.

Nice patch, but. A very very bad patch for cruise servers.

The repaired car on resets, suck. And turning off resets, just causes major frustration of the cruisers.

Anything possible to solve this?

I have to ask, if people are supposed to be cruising, how on earth do they end up needed to reset?
"starter commando thingo"
Do you mean the false start?

Patch X Released!
(300 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG