The online racing simulator
Where the hell is everyone?
(57 posts, started )
+1

since lfs is a unique game in many ways (netcode/ multiplayer system, content, community etc) so is its way of development. The time will come and more people will esteem this and besides all that, i dont know any game by far which is updated frequently and you also have contact to the developers. But i can tell you the exact opposite of that, an update for EA games for example means you have to pay another 40-50 bugs.
Quote from CodieMorgan :Before the W30+ patches there were always at least 15 servers running with at least 100 drivers!

But now there is nothing! I am running w43!

You should use 2 seperate installs. The testpatches only are used when they are just released.
Quote from sinkoman :I think the shit-tonne of "blue flag" and "wrecker" threads littering the forum (not to mention the entire Improvements section) beg to differ.

You still haven't explained how more money = better LFS...

Well its a advertising budget. But advertise on US (sim)racing websites.
Yea... with new titles like Forza 2, the upcoming PGR 4 and NFS Pro Street, LFS ain't gonna be very popular.

Im currently hooked onto Guild Wars: Nightfall, and my time on LFS has decreased. Unless I manage to sell my kidney for a G25. Hehe.

Advertising does help LFS to gain popularity, but i fear we'll only get more demo wreckers.
#30 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :Yes, Scawen works but has a family. Stupid family. Lets get some money and kidnap them till S3 is out.

Great plan!

Forza has more than one coder for a flaming start, they're using a method of development that will just hinder LFS development. If we have to wait for X, fine - i'll keep driving my LX6@WE1R thinking what an f'ing amazing game LFS is right now and stop complaing

yup did this combo last night on W43 with over 16 people in LX6's man that was great.. also had 3 pedal set for the first time, sequential shifting and in car view for the first time in what seems months...AWESOME!
Quote from Alkanphel :Yea... with new titles like Forza 2, the upcoming PGR 4 and NFS Pro Street, LFS ain't gonna be very popular.

Im currently hooked onto Guild Wars: Nightfall, and my time on LFS has decreased. Unless I manage to sell my kidney for a G25. Hehe.

Advertising does help LFS to gain popularity, but i fear we'll only get more demo wreckers.

Therefore is say racing interests. not mass marketing but directed marketing. But i dont think there is this kind of marketing at all now, or am i wrong?
joen about how money is going help devs it helps get better software and other better stuff for lfs then better lfs we get right.
I know it's not LFS' style, but I was just wondering, how much would a commercial on say the SPEED channel cost? That would get some publicity, Forza 2 did all kinds of marketing.
I don't think they're going to be throwing money at TV promotion until it's finished (if at all).
#35 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :joen about how money is going help devs it helps get better software and other better stuff for lfs then better lfs we get right.

What extra software can't the devs afford now? tbh there not exactly strapped for cash software wise
Maybe they're short of time or manpower? There're only 3 people working on this sim, so slow developments are understandable.
Quote from Jakg :What extra software can't the devs afford now? tbh there not exactly strapped for cash software wise

i mean to say the money they get now can go towards new software.
#38 - joen
Quote from faster111 :joen about how money is going help devs it helps get better software and other better stuff for lfs then better lfs we get right.

Well, it´s not like the devs use GameMaker or something to make LFS... What software would they need? Eric for sure has a 3D modelling program and Photoshop and the likes.

All the tools they need to actually build the game they already have plus for sure Scawen has made development tools himself.

So no, more money isn´t going to help make LFS better or developed faster. Although they do deserve every penny they receive for LFS, and then some.

36 hours in a day is what would help.
#39 - JTbo
At work or on road to home or to work, trying to make living or something so no time for racing
I hardly see more than 20 servers when I'm online. its probibly because of the time change . There are plently on weekday mornings. I think all of those new game titles have put people off LFS. the demo servers are very crowed these days. I think LFS needs a price discount for a month or something. such as 20 pounds for S2, 12 pounds for S1, and S1 to S2 upgrade is 8 pounds. or perhaps a deveoloper run monthly voucher draw for a free lisence.
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned. Summer has arrived in the US. It's light out until 9 pm or so. Aside from yesterday and today, it's been in the 80's (F) for quite some time (where I am). The kids are now out of school and sitting in the swimming pools after dinner. The kids want to play outside because it's still light out. The kids don't want to go to bed on time because it's too light out. Hard to jump onto LFS for a half an hour and race between the time the kids go to bed and I go to bed.
Quote from mrodgers :Here's one that hasn't been mentioned. Summer has arrived in the US. It's light out until 9 pm or so. Aside from yesterday and today, it's been in the 80's (F) for quite some time (where I am). The kids are now out of school and sitting in the swimming pools after dinner. The kids want to play outside because it's still light out. The kids don't want to go to bed on time because it's too light out. Hard to jump onto LFS for a half an hour and race between the time the kids go to bed and I go to bed.

You mean outside? Forgot there is such a thing
Quote from mrodgers :Here's one that hasn't been mentioned. Summer has arrived in the US. It's light out until 9 pm or so. Aside from yesterday and today, it's been in the 80's (F) for quite some time (where I am). The kids are now out of school and sitting in the swimming pools after dinner. The kids want to play outside because it's still light out. The kids don't want to go to bed on time because it's too light out. Hard to jump onto LFS for a half an hour and race between the time the kids go to bed and I go to bed.

I think mrodgers is right. I don't have any kids, but I've not been playing much lately because of Summer. It's 75 degrees outside and light until 9pm. The last thing I want to do is go into a dark room with a hot PC and projector for hours on end. I'll probably do a little racing when the next patch comes out but, for the most part, I don't really bother with computer games in the Summer. I'll have plenty of time for that stuff when Fall rolls around.
Quote from Dumpy :For me it's a combination of time zone and incompatible patch issues. I usually have time to race anywhere between 7 and 11pm pacific time, but I think that's like prime sleeping time for the bulk of the LFS population.

Yep, the same here. Time makes a big difference.

Dumpy and CodieMorgan, perhaps you need to join a league that races in your time zone. The specialized leagues usually race on private servers but they have many active teams you can join. Try LOTA (League of the Americas) for a change and see how you like it.

They are in the North American continent and race in our time zones. We have many events scheduled and in fact we just finished a series of races for the GTI/GTRs called the Micro-GTR series. A lot of fun.

There are others too, like IGTC which is very active. IGTC normally races on Saturdays but it's mostly reserved for teams.

Quote :
And does every thread on the forum need to have some kind of off-hand stereotyped American bashing? It really gets old. Maybe just 2 out of 3 threads or something?

You're right again. That's why I stopped reading these forums until today. My first time in 2 months.
i´m here, honey.

it´s summer after all. get out
GTR2 seems to be where lots of people have gone. In terms of advanced features and realism that game is top notch. I still drive on LFS servers once in a while, it runs really well on my computer at work. Mostly I've been spending time driving GTR2 though.
oh almost forgot, almost all servers available are either the cruising bs, or drifting... yay
Quote from SKaREO :GTR2 seems to be where lots of people have gone. In terms of advanced features and realism that game is top notch. I still drive on LFS servers once in a while, it runs really well on my computer at work. Mostly I've been spending time driving GTR2 though.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :

In terms of advanced features and realism that game is top notch

-----------------

Realism is referred to real cars and tracks..not real-life physics Anyway..different people have different opinions.. I'm good and patient waiting for Patch X..yeah
Quote from joen :Well, it´s not like the devs use GameMaker or something to make LFS... What software would they need? Eric for sure has a 3D modelling program and Photoshop and the likes.

All the tools they need to actually build the game they already have plus for sure Scawen has made development tools himself.

So no, more money isn´t going to help make LFS better or developed faster. Although they do deserve every penny they receive for LFS, and then some.

36 hours in a day is what would help.

What i don't understand, why aren't they thinking of expanding the team of developers? This game made by 3 guys competes with bigger "teams" and has one of the largest fan bases in simracing, that's an amazing achievement there must be companies that are willing to infest in live for speed 2.
And offcourse these 3 developers should remain the project leaders, but with a little bit of help (people just as talented) this sim could be even better then it already is.

(srry for my crappy english).

Where the hell is everyone?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG