The online racing simulator
Here Comes Another Need For Speed
(42 posts, started )

Poll : Am I right about NFS being one of the most disliked game series here?

Yup, Hate the noobs who come and think this is a NFS forum
Maybe
Definately
Never
Here comes one of the many disliked games in this comunity, The Need For Speed Series and the russains wern't lying, It's NFS Pro Street
Maybe I'm missing something... what is the purpose of this poll and thread?
I take it your talking about "NFS2007" as its being called alot.

From that teaser video, it looks pretty good, damage, budget repair jobs, damage that seems to last until you repair it properly.

Okay so that teaser is rendered in CG, and the finished product will be half of that quality. But I do like the NFS series alot, and I hope its as good as that trailer.

EDIT: Linky http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/
I like this game,not addicted to it,a few month's back I decided too give it a go,quite fun actually,kinda game that gives about 30 min's of enjoyment then back in the box
Well that trailer looks stunning, I just hope it has that kind of damage and the more subtle bodykits. I am not a huge fan of NFS, the most recent one that I liked was Most Wanted, purely because the cars were not too shiney and there was some daylight!

I will obviously buy this because i'm just your typical idiot who is sold products by fancy adverts and trailers :dunce:
Am I right about NFS bling bling era games (everything after NFS5) being one of the most crappiest driving games ever?
Quote from deggis :Am I right about NFS bling bling era games (everything after NFS5) being one of the most crappiest driving games ever?

yes, after nfs5 the series died. it would be nice if they tried going back to their roots at some point.

the cars were always nicely modelled and the imaginative tracks were great fun. it was good arcade fun. nfs6 was good in terms of cars and tracks, but the arcade handling was so bad compared to previously

i haven't touched it since, and never will unless they change tack.
Is that the game where if you paint a dragon on the front of a Punto it can beat a Porsche?
i came, i saw, i want it, and im gonna get it unless its for ps3 which is most likly possible
Simple google search says that word on the streets is it is called NFS:HD.

Turns out the real name of it is Need for Speed: Pro Street.

Hm, looks like drag racing made it back into NFS possibly, the damage looks the exact same to me, just an overlaying texture thats about it. Vibrating exhaust? big deal, it has been in tons of games, I believe GTA3 was the first if not a CM game.

Here is a little more info on it: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164464

No surprise if it will be a really good amped up advertisement like always, but it turns out the game sucks in the end. Just like NFSC did with Xbox and more importantly PS2 users who got ripped off by only getting a fraction of the cars.

But don't expect it for the Xbox or PS2, I think EA is once again screwing over everyone and going for the best, XBox360 and PS3 and PC only. In the end, it looks no more promising than the normal EA advertising than it was for NFSC. Good ads.. but thats all that comes out of it.
Well tbh defo the PS2, and to a large extent the Xbox, just don't cut it these days. The PS2 barely has enough processing power to play games designed for it before this generation of consoles, theres really no point flogging a dead horse.
Just buy an xbox360 for about £200, a drop in the ocean compared to a PS3. The only reason I own a 360 is because I know GTA4 will be coming out on it before the PC version.
I used to love playing NFS 2 SE with the McLaren F1, Ferrari F50, Lotus GT1, Ford GT90, XJ220, etc. Nicely modelled interiors and fast cars on country roads, what more could you want! Also all the cheats so you could drive school buses, Volvo estates, etc were a lot of fun Since then though I have not really found any of those games that appealed to me.
Quote from Michael Denham :I used to love playing NFS 2 SE with the McLaren F1, Ferrari F50, Lotus GT1, Ford GT90, XJ220, etc. Nicely modelled interiors and fast cars on country roads, what more could you want! Also all the cheats so you could drive school buses, Volvo estates, etc were a lot of fun Since then though I have not really found any of those games that appealed to me.

the buses ftw!!

my bro and i had some of the best races ever with those buses!
The first PC version of Need for Speed was a great game! I remember trying everything (even the interlaced mode) to get it running properly on my 486 so I could finish some of the road stages.
i bought the porsche nfs game.

beautiful to look at, but a tad arcady. was fun though.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is that the game where if you paint a dragon on the front of a Punto it can beat a Porsche?

haha brilliant
Quote from deggis :incredible what you can find from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Jilb56OLk

Hehe.. that's brill!!! Brings back a few memories..... NFS1 it its day was so playable and fun, I recently tried to get it running on win xp but only managed it without sound

I think the series is being ruined now by all that drifting and customiZing worthless and ugly cars..!

great find though!
It was playable series before they ruined it after Porsche which still is the best NFS ever.
Quote from Blackout :It was playable series before they ruined it after Porsche which still is the best NFS ever.

That's the only version of the game that I have never played, apart from the latest one. A lot of people said it was the best of the series. It's such a shame the brand is being ruined.... hopefully someday they will return back to their grass roots and make something similar to where the game started out...

just please get rid of this drifting and yo look at my ride business.... also the physics could do with a revamp
I voted for Definately.

But I really like NFS since the first part. Shame that it was beside NFS Porsche the best one.

Carbon, MW and U2 are nice to play if you need some arcade hours.
#23 - wien

Aww, you just made my day. I remember watching those videos over and over and over on my old 486. Video on a computer was amazing enough, but video of cool cars on a computer was something else.

Wow! OMG! It's so weird how things can be so buried in your memory, yet after hearing a couple of seconds of them you can remember them like yesterday. Thankyou for that
#25 - DeKo
i play most wanted occasionally, its quite fun to rally a DB9 around at 200 mph (no stupid ricey upgrades, except a small spoiler, although it looks like it would actually have a purpose). quite fun with wheel and pedals.

theres a new NFS coming out sharpish aswell, which actually has damage :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xv3g-npdhg

(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG