The online racing simulator
Quote from niall09 :Here is my 2nd ever skin (that i have taken seriously). It is for my team - Subsonic Racing. Its private and please dont modify it.

Nice skin, but I would redo those lines smother, and Import Tuner has nothing to do with DTM Otherwise great design and I hope the team is going along nicely
I wanted to make this for the XRR, but teazR already beat me to it.
I still like the original car a lot, so I made it for the FXR, turned out quite ok I think.

FXR Sonax

Download Skin
Quote from LFSn00b :Sorry about the crappiness.

The base colour and style is very nice I like it a lot. It needs a little more work on blending and matching the joins though. I think it would work better without the sponsors and logo's, they don't match the skin at all and just don't go.

I'd only have maybe manufacturers badge front and rear and something on the sun visor. If you really want to add a sponsor pick one that matches better then work with it.

Quote from pdanev :I wanted to make this for the XRR, but teazR already beat me to it.
I still like the original car a lot, so I made it for the FXR, turned out quite ok I think.

FXR Sonax

That a very nice skin
Quote from pdanev :I wanted to make this for the XRR, but teazR already beat me to it.

FXR Sonax

Download Skin

really nice site and artwork!
very nice skin pdanev!
FXR_Smart
Hi there

I've made this (fictional) "Smart GTR" this morning took me about 4 hours to make. It's nothing fancy with the design, but i wanted to kinda recreate the tridion cage Smart uses on their cars I think it worked out ok.

=!=Update:=!=
The car is available in gray, red, blue, white, yellow and green.

(*check with you local dealer for availability j/k )
Attached images
FXR_Smart01_angleside.jpg
FXR_Smart01_angletop.jpg
FRX_Smart01_rear.jpg
Quote from Sponge :Hi there

I've made this (fictional) "Smart GTR" this morning took me about 4 hours to make. It's nothing fancy with the design, but i wanted to kinda recreate the tridion cage Smart uses on their cars I think it worked out ok.

=!=Update:=!=
The car is available in gray, red, blue, white, yellow and green.

(*check with you local dealer for availability j/k )

cute ones Sponge i'd only wish to see a real SMART with this engine
Quote from TFalke55 :cute ones Sponge i'd only wish to see a real SMART with this engine

Thanks Yes that would be nice

FXR Sonax

Looks like you resized the side logos then rotated? Because the side decals are all warped and skewed if you did it that way.... unless it is supposed to be like that? .
first rotate then squeeze is the right order..
Errr yeah... but I think it should be understood. Maybe pdanev didn't have enough vertical room
I place the logos in the order teazR described. There are always exceptions though, depending on the situation. Which logo is out of place in your opinion, maybe I overlooked or screwed up something, always a possibility for human error?

edit: as far as I see only the number kit is a bit f***ed, but it's not that bad imo.
how about that idea on the UF1 or XFG? those cars are slow enough
Red Bull DTM 2007
Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline 2007
3 Mattias Ekström
4 Martin Tomczyk

render by caoz
Attached images
wip_fxr_dtm2007_rb.jpg
FXR_dtm2007_rb_3.jpg
FXR_dtm2007_rb_4.jpg
Nice work, BUT! There's a mismatch on the right side of the car where the front wheel panel meets the front bumper (visible on cmx preview). Gray part on the front bumper is a few pixels higher than needed. The problem seems to be on the front bumper, because below the gray part there is also a black line, so I assume you shifted that up by mistake. Left side of the car, perfect fit, but fix the right side of the front bumper.

Otherwise good work, and cool render too!

edit: the skin files seem to be correct, maybe you posted a wip preview...
Quote from pdanev :Nice work, BUT! There's a mismatch on the right side of the car where the front wheel panel meets the front bumper (visible on cmx preview). Gray part on the front bumper is a few pixels higher than needed. The problem seems to be on the front bumper, because below the gray part there is also a black line, so I assume you shifted that up by mistake. Left side of the car, perfect fit, but fix the right side of the front bumper.

Otherwise good work, and cool render too!

edit: the skin files seem to be correct, maybe you posted a wip preview...

hehe yes you have an eagle eye mate - that has already been fixed It is a WIP preview but it's so close to final so I didn't bother creating another.

Thanks for your comments!
I finally wanted to do some skinning again, so I thought maybe it would be nice to create some CTRA branded skins for use on these servers. I kept them quite simple and empty so it's easy to add your own sponsors and such.
I made a mini pack for the FXO in 4 different colour schemes and with 4 different tyre brands. Maybe I'll do the other CTRA allowed cars too, depends on the time and if there's any interest.

Anyway, I hope someone will like them. Driver name and race numbers are not displayed on the skinfiles ofcourse

To download the packs follow this link (attachments too big for the forum): http://public.box.net/lfs
Attached images
FOX_CTRA_preview.jpg
They look really nice Joen, looks like I gotta get my arse into gear to use them on the CTRA server.
:faint2: Amazing!
Nice skin teaz-R.
I had a few spare hours yesterday and came up with a skin for a website (googlepage) of mine The car has a sponge texture and some tribal flames on the sides, simple but effective (and it looks pretty nice in my opinion).

pic.1
pic.2
pic.3
(it's private for now, sorry:shy

FXO Skins (& GTR)
(2596 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG