The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
stop hurting me ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
Quote from sil3ntwar :Just got the FO8 to 400 on the BL backstraight with full downforce about to try it on the oval...

Edit:
420 full downforce on oval. almost 5gs through the corners and the r4s turn totally green after about two corners. No downforce = 450+ then crash

Hehe, finally, i might not have to do that alone anymore ! Did you
bend the FO8 suspension yet ?

Ok, i made a small update, it's worth it you all try it, i left the older one
there in case. I might need to do this a couple of time, but it shouldn't
be too long, MecaniK is a relatively simple app.
still dont find the car.
broken suspension? only from crashing... it does bottom out at around 370 unless you raise the car.

Small vid with ai http://www.sil3ntwar.com/lfs/vids/lol.avi

and my F1 preset: http://www.sil3ntwar.com/lfs/F1LOL.ct4

cant get the 900BHP at 18000 though

Boosted make a copy of your LFS dir then replace the exe with the original S2 exe. It has to be the original that came in the 129meg zip file. Also you might need to replace you abc dir with the old one if your using one of the latest patches.
well....i think then i go ahead and download the game again.
less work
in 17 min i will know if that helps
yay it works!!! currently driving XFG at 500 hp
nvm, replaced abc and exe, now it works with my slickmod version too all cars
P10 here, didn't work. Car not found. Downloading 0.5P again to see if it works

*Edit:
Works purrrr-fect with 0.5P, good job
haha... FO8 610 KMH at blackwood straight
man it rox
hmm what about using it online?
does it work? and when how?

Was going 530km down the oval straights and the right side of the suspension bent from the turns.
might be a good idea to put a quick overview of the app in the 1st post. nice work though!
now downloading old version of S2, i can definately confirm it won't work with anything P2 onwards

will edit post with a if it works. thanks dude!

[edit]
YAY.... got it working with S2P no real bugs found yet. nice one dude, you're a legend
Here is the old exe and abc file, so that you don't have to dload the whole game again
Attached files
0.5P_exe_and_abc.zip - 799.5 KB - 8220 views
This is so much fun...
V10 formula beast
3L 1cyl rwd UF
regular FXR except 2cyl sound
911 GT2 specs on the FZ5
LX8 specs and slickmod on the LX6 ...
Can't wait to have more options, Thanks a bunch Fonnybone
Stupid question
Why are there two columns for cylinders&displacement, and what do they do different?
And gears don't seem to change to the value I input in Mecanik.
Oh My God! I put a V12 engine into the UF1

This awesome

edit: deleted the replay as it can not be viewed by others
Gives me an OOS error, although it gets as far as the car on the dragstrip start.

How did you change the engine to a V config?
Just for your information people, if you upload a replay of your modified car we CAN NOT SEE IT unless you post the setting file for Mecanik that you used with that car.
So much fun. I made FXR be how it is supposed to be (with ~1200hp)
And off course I had to try something totally ridicilous, a FO8 with millions of millions hp, only problem was it burned all the fuel in a second and flipped over because of all the torque
i would love to have an manual ^^
currently i only play around with power and rev limits, still fun tho
geeman...u have to give it much power, then u set 12000 - 12000 in the displacement option its like an V8 then lol OMG Uf1 with this setting...roarrrrrrrrrrr
OK cool will try later today...
Ahh, glad to see some people who got it to work. I just posted an updated
package, i suggest you all try it out, you can 'extract to here' i zipped a folder
I added the "Preset comments" to the presets so if you made presets already,
you'll have to add a line with text at the end, else MecaniK won't load your preset.
Open newer presets in notepad to compare and see what i mean.

Now what is this about the abc file ? I never tried any patches after 0.5P,
so you could say my version is pure, but apart from the exe, which i also
included in the P04 download, i don't see how the abc file can affect the values
i read in LFS. What has changed in the abc files ?! Has this caused any problems ?!

Now guys, understand this is not the final release, i wanted to test it out
before having finished the details, and i'm glad i did, quite a few things i had overlooked.
Don't be surprised if i change some things a bit more.

I still need feedback, try the P04 download and ESPECIALLY those who had issues,
i'd appreciate you describe the issue and how you 'fixed' it, if you ever managed.
P04 doesn't work for me, while previous versions did.
Runtime error 713, missing one dll, msstdfmt.dll Strange is that I downloaded this, put it in my windows\system folder and nothing changed at all, still the same error...
Well, P04 works as good as the previous version. I'm just wondering, will there be a "LFS Tweak" with all the previous stuff it had (turbo on/off, changeable wheel sizes, weight distribution etc.) or will those be integrated to Mecanik?

I did notice a bug, if you wipe out the engine displacement slot and type "0", the program crashes.
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG