The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :... I know Scawen mentioned new content for patch T wasn't quite ready and we'd get it next patch, and I know car interiors where part of that content. So from what I know I can make a fair assumption that patch X will contain new interiors...

alot of people have been saying we won't see interiors untill patch y.
Quote from Gabkicks :alot of people have been saying we won't see interiors untill patch y.

Because Scawen said we won't get it till Y. And he hasn't even begun work on Y... = Saddness
Quote from Gabkicks :alot of people have been saying we won't see interiors untill patch y.

Yes, we are not having them before Y. Even tiny changes in the models make replays out of sync and patch incompatible, and patch X has been confirmed to be only multiplayer incompatible. I think Scawen suggested that there might be update for all car interiors as Eric wasn't happy with their quality. Can't be bothered to find a quote now, but don't know if it was that long time ago.
Eric's at my house at the moment, sorry for the confusion!

He requested a refuge from anxious forumites and horny groupies, so I had no chance but to rent him my couch for a couple of weeks until the coast is clear.
#55 - ste_
Quote from srdsprinter :Because Scawen said we won't get it till Y. And he hasn't even begun work on Y... = Saddness

I think he has started work on Patch Y. IIRC he's writing patch Y, and any bug-fixes/improvements that won't break compatibility are being backported to Patch X so we get some newness and (some of) the new code gets tested.
Quote from boosterfire :
Still, if there's nothing else than a new SC and car interiors... I'll be sad, it's not what you'd call a lot for a whole year.

What to say....I have completly same opinion on this thing.If it will be just SO track update and small updates on GT interiors(I hoping at least for some 3D good interiors - not low poly!! for all cars.Its definately needed) then I think a lot of guys would think in their mind WTF he has been doing so long.

ERIC made wonderfull things with LFS tracks and cars but the development somehow slowed a lot in this area.Hopefully he has big suprise for us.
Apart from the GTR ineriors, I would like the RB4 to be updated too.

I'm sure he's on it
I seem to recall reading somewhere that LFS is not a full-time deal for Eric; he has another job. Don't quote me on it, but I remember reading it somewhere.

I, too, want a new environment very badly. I've driven the current tracks to death and I want something new and fresh and exciting... Oh, and new cockpits. Mostly for the GTRs, but others are welcome too.

I personally don't think SO needs much in terms of upgrading; it already got it just before the origional S2 Full Alpha was released, why again already? It looks great. Fern Bay needs the upgrade the most imho.

But, I'd rather have a new location than an updated existing one anyways. I'm still holding out for a Canadian venue (C'mon Scavier, you know you want to build a track in the BC mountains!).
Well, i am pretty sure that something will come from Eric in Patch Y, as we all know by Scawens post, he wanted to finish the new interiors for the April Patch but he wasn't satisfied with them.. There were no incompatible patches since the April Patch so those interiors are probably finished long time ago, or maybe even more polished during this year.. He had a year to finish them...
I sincerely hope that he didn't drop the whole LFS thing and move on to something else..
Quote from srdsprinter :Because Scawen said we won't get it till Y. And he hasn't even begun work on Y... = Saddness

Everything he is coding in the game is already work on patch Y. And patch Z. And what comes after that.
LFS does need another environment soon, I wonder if the docks one is still on Scawen's HD
Quote from Yaamboo :Everything he is coding in the game is already work on patch Y. And patch Z. And what comes after that.

Thats like saying that going to grade school was directly preparing me to be an engineer. Hardly a corelation as of course the entire program won't be rewritten for the next incompatible. This thread is going no-where...
Quote from srdsprinter :This thread is going no-where...

Not so fast now, these threads inspire new ideas.

I'm not kidding either.
Yea, like my BC Mountains track... :hidesbehi
Quote from MAGGOT :I seem to recall reading somewhere that LFS is not a full-time deal for Eric; he has another job. Don't quote me on it, but I remember reading it somewhere.

Someone else has mentioned that before, but I've never seen any evidence. As far as I'm concerned that's all rumour.

Concerning cars and tracks for S2, although this is all ancient news now, S2 was originally going to include updated tarmac and rally sections. The rally sections were dropped from S2 as they would have slowed development, but were suggested as being released as an add-on pack after S2. Since it seems that coding is the bottleneck, rather than car and track work, and we've been told that Eric has not started on any S3 related work yet, it could well be possible that Eric has created the rally content over this year, so all that means is for them to be added into the public release and we're away. The devs are very tight lipped about surprises, so that they remain surprises. This means that we can only ever speculate, we really have very little idea what is coming.
Quote from MAGGOT :I seem to recall reading somewhere that LFS is not a full-time deal for Eric; he has another job. Don't quote me on it, but I remember reading it somewhere.

Please don't spread this kind of information if you don't know that it is true (which it isn't):

Quote from Scawen on 29th December 2006 :Eric is working on S2 things. He obviously will not work on S3 specific things until S2 is finished. The only thing I could have said about Eric not working full time is that for some time this year he was moving house.

Quote from Maggot :I personally don't think SO needs much in terms of upgrading; it already got it just before the origional S2 Full Alpha was released, why again already? It looks great. Fern Bay needs the upgrade the most imho.

Are you serious? SO looks horrible. When you're blasting along, it's not that bad. But if you stop to look at the storefronts, it's pretty bad. Luckily, some people have already made texture packs which make South City look about 100 times better. We really need new crowd textures though. I keep telling myself I'm going to do them, but never get around to it.
Dunno why you wanna know what hes doing, not really a celeb even know i hate most in your face celeb, if he wants to talk he will. End off. It's only a game... i rather meet John Carmack of ID Software!
It is clear the community would like an update(and don't say typing a 30 second message would slow work), a simple message saying he is alive and making progress on something would be appreciated but instead he flips us the proverbial middle finger by ignoring everyone.
Quote from BrandonAGr :It is clear the community would like an update(and don't say typing a 30 second message would slow work), a simple message saying he is alive and making progress on something would be appreciated but instead he flips us the proverbial middle finger by ignoring everyone.

It's true, and heck look up all of the latest interviews, and the latest you will find he actually said something is..

uh.. crap he didn't say anything on that one either.

Oh, here is one he said ..some.. thing. http://www.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=3900

And I also remember reading about people asking what thread this picture is from the old version of Westhill.
#70 - dave
Quote from orange_boy_uk :Dunno why you wanna know what hes doing, not really a celeb even know i hate most in your face celeb, if he wants to talk he will. End off. It's only a game... i rather meet John Carmack of ID Software!

I'd rather meet Erik, beside I reckon he would easily beat Carmack in a fight (NiN, devils and evil pfff, I bet carmack wears a dress!!) The original quake is the nuts tho
Quote from BrandonAGr :...instead he flips us the proverbial middle finger by ignoring everyone.

That's unnecessarily harsh. I certainly don't feel that Eric is flipping anyone the bird nor do I feel that his decision to not to interact with the 'community' (how I hate that word) shows any disdain. Frankly, if I were on the development team, I would maintain as much distance from the forums and user-base as possible too; it must be an enormous mental and emotional drain having to deal with all the pettiness that goes on in the 'community'.
May be, but Eric is an artist and has to be emotional. He needs to see what everyone thinks of his works from the praises to the criticism.

I'm not telling him to change his ways, I'm just saying he ought to pop in once in a while and maybe we could all set up a log for him showing the basics of what we think is in the general interest for him to work on. Meaning he won't even have to look at anything or everything if he doesn't want to.
Quote from XCNuse :It's true, and heck look up all of the latest interviews, and the latest you will find he actually said something is..

uh.. crap he didn't say anything on that one either.

Oh, here is one he said ..some.. thing. http://www.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=3900

And I also remember reading about people asking what thread this picture is from the old version of Westhill.

Lol, that interview is from 2003, we are in 2007.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Are you serious? SO looks horrible. When you're blasting along, it's not that bad. But if you stop to look at the storefronts, it's pretty bad. Luckily, some people have already made texture packs which make South City look about 100 times better. We really need new crowd textures though. I keep telling myself I'm going to do them, but never get around to it.

Yes I'm serious. To be honest, none of the venues in LFS look horrible, none even look bad. The storefronts are low-res; that doesn't mean the track needs an overhaul. All it needs is some higher res storefronts and more people around the track, along with some garage detailing.

XC - what are you talking about by he has to be emotional? Artists and designers aren't any more emotional than anyone else.
Quote from RMachucaA :Lol, that interview is from 2003, we are in 2007.

Exactly.

Maggot, you must not be a real artist then.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG