The online racing simulator
What might Eric be doing/preparing for LFS now(speculation)
I am very curious what is ERIC doing right now.I didnt see any updates made from him to LFS for ages while Scawen and Victors makes so many.

New track(s),rally pack,cars....?
Lets start the speculation
What is there to discuss?

Scawen has said before he is a very quiet person, so we really have no clue what he could be doing. All I know, just so you can guess what he could be doing now, is he was working on the FOX in 2003, and S2 didn't come out until 2005. Figure that one out, who knows what he could be working on.

If I were him however, I would be working on all of the interiors, and be working on a new track, and I think I would stay in a little more contact with this community than he does now, but that is just me. He used to visit the forum back around when I joined the community, but after S1 was released he talked very little, and now he is unheard of, some people don't even know who he is!
you meant: "lets start the speculation"

For me there cant be a discussion about it because only Eric knows whats next. If you want something like: "we need this" or "could we have that", try the search function in this forum
I Am willing to bet Eric is a very very busy man, and has little time to be dropping hints about his work. I'd say he is well into all the new s3 features. In the next patch or next couple of patches, i know we will see new interiors for the gtr class atleast.
Quote from 510N3D :you meant: "lets start the speculation"

For me there cant be a discussion about it because only Eric knows whats next. If you want something like: "we need this" or "could we have that", try the search function in this forum

updated my 1st post and thread name to "speculation" .Good point
You cant, but I will change the name.
No, it just changes the header above your post, not the actual thread title.

Wait, isn't the expectancy date for this patch .. this week?
Or has Scawen mentioned moving it back in any of the test patch threads? I never read through those, its to much to read. :/

@DEVIL, thats because.. I changed it.. like 15 seconds after you posted
IT changed the the thread name as well.
Back to topic please including moderators
#10 - Don
Quote from XCNuse :Wait, isn't the expectancy date for this patch .. this week?
Or has Scawen mentioned moving it back in any of the test patch threads? I never read through those, its to much to read. :/

you are talking about patch X which won`t bring any new gfx updates (tracks,cars), but "only" the multiplayer stuff and skins stuff.
In my opinion Nuse already finished this topic. Of course you can speculate, for example, the weather of January 2nd, 2013, but I don't see the point in it.
#12 - Tomi
I think Eric is right about being very quiet in the forum. He would probably be flooded by stupid requests about real cars or track.
Well didn't Scawen say that Eric is redoing the GTR cockpits and that South City is being remodelled and updated? Thats all I heard, I hope that there is more as a surprise though. What ever Eric is doing I hope its LFS related

Well I guess you can speculate, its part of the anticipation awaiting the Y patch. Not like this forum is alive with anything interesting lately.
Quote from Don :you are talking about patch X which won`t bring any new gfx updates (tracks,cars), but "only" the multiplayer stuff and skins stuff.

Well it is an incompatible patch, and sometimes surprises come along with it, or have in the past at least. I would hope for a surprise on this patch, even if it is to be released this week, I would be surprised that this is the first time Scawen has successfully speculated a patch release date.

I'm wondering if I should close this thread soon before rumors start to spread.
-
(N I K I) DELETED by N I K I
Madman is right, they did say we should expect a South City update soon. How much of an update that will actually be remains to be seen though. Although it'd be good if the layout was altered so that the Sprint tracks could support the full number of racers

And of course the new GTR interiors.

That's plenty of speculation for now I think
Quote from XCNuse :I'm wondering if I should close this thread soon before rumors start to spread.

I made nice thread people can speculate/discuss things about LFS and not the ones like people flame each other(drivers,server admins,devs) and you want to close it....
Mere mortals, like us villagers, shall behold His creations when He is ready to reveal them. We can but just hope that the Day Of Revealing shall arrive soon and we shall again lay our eyes upon His new work!

Seriously though... I have always been a huge fan of Eric's work and can't wait to see what he's been up to
Oh no, not yet I like to watch things grow heheh, then I wait for the good moments to close them hahaha.

@Dajmin, if he is indeed working on it, I hope he fixes the background bug that occurs when you increase FOV large enough to that the background images become huge. This is easily visible by choosing SO Long Rev (its closer at least), and then going to camera view once you hit the highway, and note how large the background becomes. It looks hideous.
Scawen just said incompatable Patch Y, is quite some ways off. It includes Eric's updates, but Scawen hasn't even begun working on Y.

Eric's work has improved in leaps and bounds everytime he release new material, (BF1, updated tracks, updated Formula Cockpits), so I'm sure its going to be great.

*Just a note on GTR interiors, the default interior seating (view) position should be a bit lower in height than the coresponding road car's position. Racing seats mounted directly to the floor are lower than a road car's for COG as well. I hope any updates would reflect that.
Quote from XCNuse :rumors

"Facts":

Quote from Scawen :
And a few words about our plans : The idea now is that everyone can use this new version with its better sounds and smoother graphics, while we get on with the multiplayer-incompatible patch which we hope to finish in just a few weeks (depending on what comes up in that time). That patch (probably known as Patch X) will allow more racers online (probably 24) and more spectators, and various other planned updates for it as well (but no physics changes). Physics updates will come some time after that, probably in version Y and will include updated car cockpits (most notably the GTR interiors) and a graphically improved version of South City. We can't give any more detailed time estimates for those patches because we don't know what will come up while we are working on them.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=377165
#22 - Don
Quote from XCNuse :@Dajmin, if he is indeed working on it, I hope he fixes the background bug that occurs when you increase FOV large enough to that the background images become huge. This is easily visible by choosing SO Long Rev (its closer at least), and then going to camera view once you hit the highway, and note how large the background becomes. It looks hideous.

sorry? it looks perfectly normal
Attached images
southcitybg.jpg
Smaller FOV, my bad.

@FEL, thanks for pointing that out. Well, this stinks, now begins the guesses for when Patch Y will be completed, and besides "It's done when it's done," I'm going to guess it will be sometime in mid/late fall.
#24 - Don
Quote from XCNuse :Smaller FOV, my bad.

err...so? you are basiacally zooming in, so everything apperas bigger and much closer to camera. theres nothing wrong with it imho.
The background increases size more than it should look.
Maybe it was Tweak that pointed out this flaw, I'll have to look for it.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG