The online racing simulator
For anyone who still cares...
Apparently Kunos has posted a new situation update about 0.03, as always in Italian, not bothering about the rest of the world.
The corresponding RSC thread/post is here - a short summary:
Quote from Vange @ RSC :to sum it up:
- new interface (for which he provided a test version.. you can send him suggestions if you feel so after you've tried it)
for now you can only select an existing driver and launch a track day
note that's its not sure that it will be included in 1.03
- fps problem: the time it takes to draw a car is now 1/3 compared to 1.02
- donuts, spinning/flying cars: this should be fixed in 1.03
- some changes in tyre formulas which should give even better ff
- new setup interface (whatever that means) with asymmetric setup support
- various server crash fixes
- something about collisions to avoid crashes (?)
- join lag should be fixed
- not yet in, but if there's time server-side commands will be added (restart etc)
- should be released before Christmas (oh not again.... )
- maybe no more cars sinked in the tarmac on disconnecting

Maybe, probably and perhaps.

Before christmas

I have pretty much ran out of humour with this one. Nothing about the monstrous online requirements or stering wheel lag. The latter ruins it for me, even with lowest settings the lag is still noticable.
Quote from AndroidXP :as always in Italian, not bothering about the rest of the world.

that does it ... hes learned nothing from the past couple of months
no way i will ever buy anything from him
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=275310

Read from page 2 to the end. Message is pretty clear, if you critisize Kunos who is obviously some kind of saint there, you get eliminated. That Daniel Almeida seems to take it personally and then try to use his moderator status to stop it with force.

Just recently noticed something, according to the website's contact page the nKp development team is actually consisted of Kunos + 5 other devs, one with special "production director" and one with "web developement" titles... and still none of them are there (@ rsc) keeping the community updated.
It's hardly cricket to slag Daniel off on another forum, deggis. I've been following the saga over at RSC all year (and occasionally jumping in when Alan/Harold pipes up) and I think it's best you keep whatever quarrel you have with Daniel over at RSC and between the two of you - unless you want to invite him over here to defend himself. He's mostly a pretty moderate moderator, but you two just seem skilled at pushing each other's buttons I would even go out on a limb and say that not many people over here would give half a shit about you and Daniel going at each other.

I won't blindly defend Kunos as most of the criticism he's been getting has been well deserved. I've thrown some his way more than once. Sometimes it just gets boring and frustrating to hear the same stuff being reiterated over and over and I'm not surprised Daniel gets frustrated.

Back to the topic, Kunos or someone from that team need to pull their finger out and realise that there's a world out there that doesn't speak Italian. RSC is a very large English-speaking forum and has long been a supporter of nK ever since the namie days. Kunos used to post regular updates and progress reports about the nK Pro development process there but now seems quite content to ignore RSC completely. Don't know why. Sure, he's copped some flak there and some of it was unreasonable, but the best way to answer your critics is with actions. Prove them wrong! They may even respect you for it
Am i the only one not able to leave the pit? I use a dfp and when i start up the engine in the demo, I hit the gas pedal and nothing happens. The pedals and wheel both work in the settings menu but I'm just not able to leave the pit and drive! Anyone know if I'm missing a step?
Quote from DeftDrift :Am i the only one not able to leave the pit? I use a dfp and when i start up the engine in the demo, I hit the gas pedal and nothing happens. The pedals and wheel both work in the settings menu but I'm just not able to leave the pit and drive! Anyone know if I'm missing a step?

It is probably one of the countless bugs. I had a similar thing, couldn't start the car. Reinstalled nk pro and it started "working" again.
Quote from DeftDrift :Am i the only one not able to leave the pit? I use a dfp and when i start up the engine in the demo, I hit the gas pedal and nothing happens. The pedals and wheel both work in the settings menu but I'm just not able to leave the pit and drive! Anyone know if I'm missing a step?

did you turn the car on?

The start procedure requires you to turn on the ignition before pressing the engine start button and you need to hold down the engine start button until you hear the engine fire up. The F2000 and FTarget also require you to turn on the master electrical switch before turning on the ignition.

Do you hear the engine revving when you press the accelerator?

Have you engaged first gear?
Yep, I've turned the master on and held the backspace button down until the engine kicks on. I put it in 1st gear and it just sits idle.
WOW! What a great GPL rip-off!

Ok, i though nK Poo looked quite nice. Thanks for ruining it for me!
Quote from Jakg :WOW! What a great GPL rip-off!

It's a GP4 rip off. Jaap already admitted that on RSC.
Oh well, slightly newer, but ffs, can't they just sort the bugs out first? my interest in LFS is strong, but i really want something different to LFS, i would try something ISI, but when i say "different", i dont mean "unrealistic pile of pap"

/fanboy
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Hmm, I did make track from scratch in 3 hours and yes it is pile of crap. I don't see really much point in conversions as you still need to do almost same amount of work, only amount of research will be different, all mapping and texturing is needed to do again which is quite most of the work, modelling is not so big task, with conversion there can be even more work with textures than with scratch made track so really, why to do conversion?

I think that these tracks are only result of beta testing of that track editor tool and there is different team doing this beta testing and track making and different team working on bug fixes and track editor.

I kind of like from that game even it has some problems, looking forward that time when there is some cars with roof.
whats forward right left brake and reverse
Quote from shaun463 :whats forward right left brake and reverse

Uhm, the pedals and the steering wheel?
If you're trying to play nK with anything else than a wheel, you can't (not afaik anyway)
I can't even get my paddles to work with nKPro though, although it has been ages since I last looked into it.
Silverstone looked nicer, I don't complain, at least this is something but who (outside of the GPC league) gives a crap as long as the game is at unplayable state. Last month Kunos gave some kind of small developement update on patch 1.03 *SURPRISE* in the Drivingitalia forums in Italian. When you buy nKp it should be bundled with free "basics of Italian language" lessons.
Quote from deggis :http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=275310

Read from page 2 to the end. Message is pretty clear, if you critisize Kunos who is obviously some kind of saint there, you get eliminated. That Daniel Almeida seems to take it personally and then try to use his moderator status to stop it with force.

Just recently noticed something, according to the website's contact page the nKp development team is actually consisted of Kunos + 5 other devs, one with special "production director" and one with "web developement" titles... and still none of them are there (@ rsc) keeping the community updated.

lol deggis, do you realise you basicly said kunos and all the other devs were too stupid/untalented to make a decent game?

maybe thats why they havent been so nice to you?
Quote from Gabkicks :lol deggis, do you realise you basicly said kunos and all the other devs were too stupid/untalented to make a decent game?

maybe thats why they havent been so nice to you?

Where did I say that? I'm just saying they are stupid because they just give a middle finger to the community instead of keeping the community updated.
maybe its not in that particular thread. but i saw it somewhere . lol

people are like elephants on the internet. they never forget and carry resentment from one thread over to another.
Just been on the NKP forum on RCS and it would appear the devs are going to release v1.3 with new demo content which will allow them to try the FF1600 online.

As I haven't bought this yet, I will be very interested to see how it compares to LFS.
Call me a bitch but I reckon Jaap Wagenvoort has picked a pretty easy job for himself. RSC NKP forum He's going to keep us informed about developments! :ices_rofl

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG