The online racing simulator
Quote from ajp71 :I still reckon a Windows UI could be very effective and I suppose really there's no reason why you couldn't create one that loads into the memory like LFS.

no point doing that cause youll end up having to write a whole protocol which will bloat both the ui and the engine
Quote from ajp71 :There is nothing to perfect in the FF using this system it is what is felt IRL

Look mate, I have my opinion and that's what I personally experienced when I actually tried it out. I know my opinion and I know yours because you've repeated it over and over again. Perhaps time to accept I simply do not agre with you instead of railroading your view at the first hint of someone opposing you?

I'm going to have a fiddle with the FFB today, if I can't start to feel under/oversteer in a manner that's meaningful to me, I'm not touching it again for a while. If not, then I will be.
drive on the skidpad on one of the smaller radiuses. the wheel doesnt move at all for me when oversteering/understeering while in lfs and real life it does.
Quote from sinbad :I can get on track with LFS within 11.6 seconds of double clicking the LFS.exe icon. What does this prove though?

It shows that since it doesn't take you 11.6 seconds to switch car, switch layout, leave an online game to hotlap the same config or switching between replays of the same track, having a separate UI is a very bad idea / design, as nK needs to reload the entire engine, track, textures and car(s) each time you'd do any of the above, which is basically comparable to your 11.6 seconds of waiting for LFS to start.
wow... who the heck was beta testing this game? they should be banned from beta testing illepall
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Look mate, I have my opinion and that's what I personally experienced when I actually tried it out. I know my opinion and I know yours because you've repeated it over and over again. Perhaps time to accept I simply do not agre with you instead of railroading your view at the first hint of someone opposing you?

I'm going to have a fiddle with the FFB today, if I can't start to feel under/oversteer in a manner that's meaningful to me, I'm not touching it again for a while. If not, then I will be.

I think you miss understood what I was trying to say was that there was no way of making the FF any more friendly to wheels lifespan if using the method of taking the steering torque directly from the sim, I too agree that this is not necesarilly the ideal method.
Quote from deggis :Weird:

http://jeepy68.free.fr/netkar.WMV

I noticed that too... on a sandtrap.

I saw this too doesn't seem like the greatest of nK's problems atm though.
Surely not but if that happens there's is something wrong with the slip angles.
Quote from deggis :Surely not but if that happens there's is something wrong with the slip angles.

Maybe I'm sure the physics will not be flawless (seeing as no physics engine has been bug free) and we'll see evidence of bigger bugs soon.
@Ajp71
Ahh I see what you mean now

Lol hadn't seen that before, shocking :eek:
Just done some laps online in the FOX at KY GP Long and my thoughts are:

- Online NP good FPS I'm not going to complain about FPS dips at the start, sure N2003 maybe better but nK is a lot worse. No lag seen at all.

- HUDs look really arcady I've now decided that I seriously don't want to use them any more after finding a sim where I can run without them without being in the dark.

- Like having a proper tach rather than the electric one in nK.

- LFS kind of lost the immersion factor when the first thing you see when you mid-race join is a Ferrari look a like that looks like it's been made in paint then when pulling out the pits you have to avoid some keyboard user doing doughnuts. Not trying to defend nK with these comments as obviously if you can't go online you can't get the immersion factor ruined by this kind of thing.

- I quite like starting the engine makes it feel abit more like getting in a car for real.

- No feel of understeer whatsoever in LFS never goes light just hear a skiding sound.

- You don't feel the suspension loading in LFS, this has to be one of the best bits of nK, when you do manage to find a hill you really feel the suspension getting compresed and the massive increase in grip it gives you.

- LFS feels like the FF is based off the angle of the car relative to the direction of movement in an almost 2D way.

- I skimmed a barrier and would have bent a suspension arm in nK same goes for getting hit at T1 the next race.

- I locked up all over the place in nK you can really brake and really know when you've locked up.

- You have to use the kerbs to be fast in LFS and unlike nK they tend to be flat and easilly ridden with no consequences.

- Putting a wheel on the grass in both sims results in a realistic loss of control.
do u mind taming down the nk propaganda?
i mean its not that i dont think your posts are hilarious, its just that the joke got old 15 pages ago and u have a reply ratio of 50% in the whole thread... nk police ?
if u want something to exercise your obvious freetime, may i suggest, try to flip (invert) the car in netkar pro. then lap around the circuit. yes inverted. its incredibly real.
for years, its that legendary attention to detail, we have grown to love and that thank god its intact and 100% equal to the free namie and all the corny jap-pop coded versions of the past 3 years.
v1.0 is the pinnacle for me.
I'm not nk pro fan but I suggest a long ban for Kid.
What is with you ajp71. You seem so undecided these days. First you love LFS at some point, then you dislike most parts of it. Then you talk good about NkPro as if it were going to be the best thing ever, then you dislike it with a wide range of points. Then you test LFS and want to point out the STUPIDEST things, in which half of your points are not concrete or making a point at all.....

Don't feel the suspension loading? Gimme a break.

Don't feel the understeer through the wheel as it doesn't get lighter? WHY O WHY does everyone think that NetKar has an ultimately correct understeer FF effect, when in fact it is not the case in nearly every car. You hardly feel that understeer effect in real cars, and about the only thing you would feel so much tension loss is in a little go-kart. LFS doesn't just have 'screeching' tires when you get understeer, and if you cannot feel the understeer through your wheel in LFS, then you probably should drive some real cars and stop thinking Netkar's excessive 'weight-loss' on the wheel is so 'realistic' :rolleyes:.

-2D Force Feedback? Throw me a bone!! Why is it that every turn you take in NkPro that you have that vibration with the SAME exact repetition and rate. That vibration does NOT feel like it is coming from the wheels whatsoever, it feels more like an effect added to the FF while you are just in heavy cornering, that is all.

-Locking up in NetKar was stupid. Apparently I locked up the tires several times, but the wheels were still rotating as seen by the sidewall markings. Not to mention that the car felt VERY floaty, as if it had no increased friction or weight transfer feel. But somehow, my FF started shaking noting I had some flatspots? Bull. Not to mention that flatspots are probably THE best in LFS, and one issue with Netkar is that if you do a full on SLAM of the brakes, the flatspots should heat up rapidly like in LFS. Nope, they don't. Roll into the garage, and do a full rotation of the wheels when the tire temp graphs come up. There is NO change of temperature on the flatspot. Ridiculous.

-I don't even know why you mention the damage sensitivity of Netkar, when it is known that LFS has hardly taken suspension damage to the full level. Just look at LFS when you hit a wall.... do you think Scawen doesn't know that your wheel can still be linked to your car, or be bent in such wierd ways? He has pointed out that it is 'damage', but not full damage like we really want. Why bother even comparing the damage model, when the physics model (specifically tires) of driving is much more important.
Quote :
- You have to use the kerbs to be fast in LFS and unlike nK they tend to be flat and easilly ridden with no consequences.

I am confused with what you mean here. Yes you can use the kerbs in LFS to widen your racing line, who doesn't in real racing? Unless the curbs are uber dangerous to the car, you want to steer clear from them... like Blackwood's chicane. But you say Netkar's are flat, and have no consequences? BOTH sims feel just fine going over kerbs, and I really do not see any consequences from either sim. The only mysterious one with NkPro is, when you go over a curb with ONLY your side wheels, you somehow hear a metal scraping sound??? :zombie:.

Blah, why bother talking about some of your other points, especially a rare occurance of seeing that 'ferrari' and a keyboarder sliding :rolleyes:. If you really want to tag LFS being ridden with problems, take a look around more at the issues that MATTER, not things that are in comparison with a hyped-up, hardly-progressed, 3 year-old updated failure for a simulation.
Actually I think he was saying the curbs in LFS are flat(ter) than in NKP, and that you can really tell the suspension is compressing when driving over them in NKP. I think it's true too with the exception of the rally-x track of LFS which has high curbs.
I don't know how people don't feel the suspension changing when going over kerbs in LFS, that is so easy to feel in the game :zombie: Like I said, they both feel relatively the same. If you are testing the kerbs on Westhill, you obviously have a point about flat kerbs, but try another track that has similar kerb angles to NetKar :doh:

Overall, I don't know why people like to compare two unfinished products. You know LFS can only get better, and you know NkPro can get better in the future too... right now, ajp71 must insist on comparing a half eaten orange to what he thinks is some UB3R Vitamin C tablet. Give yourself a dose of something natural, like LFS.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if u want something to exercise your obvious freetime, may i suggest, try to flip (invert) the car in netkar pro. then lap around the circuit. yes inverted. its incredibly real.

and how would you accomplish that ?

Quote from KiDCoDEa :do u mind taming down the nk propaganda?

youre just as bad ... to me youre the lfs ajp with a lot less grasp of legal issues and a little less maturity
Driving the FOX up the uphill chicane on Aston gives me a huge ffb-feel of tightened suspension, and hitting curbs hard with the FXO can actually be painful.
At least driving over curbs in LFS doesn't destroy your wheel.
Kid, your getting worse then any nk defender, only bashing it. If you read the thread from beginning to end, you'll see how much of a fool your sounding like.

Im not even going to comment on the lfs\NK discussion, all i'll say is that nk is 10000000000x better then rfactor

Comparing FF effects though, NKpro is more visceral, while lfs's is very tame, both are good in the end.
-
(BuddhaBing) DELETED by BuddhaBing
I hope the flat spot FF gets lowered a bit, it's going to destroy my wheel :o

Quote :- LFS kind of lost the immersion factor when the first thing you see when you mid-race join is a Ferrari look a like that looks like it's been made in paint then when pulling out the pits you have to avoid some keyboard user doing doughnuts. Not trying to defend nK with these comments as obviously if you can't go online you can't get the immersion factor ruined by this kind of thing.

being honest I feel that nK is worse online with people messing about, last time I played it a few people decided they'd wait on the grid for the next race while others raced, in the end someone ran into them and that was the end of there race.

I'm getting more into nK but at the moment the bugs really piss me off and I find myself giving up. I feel the whole online play needs a look at in regards to making it easier for people to understand what's happening.

Keiran
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Online is a joke period, I managed to get online last night finally, with a good ping, no lag etc etc, the guys on the server (me included) had no clue what the hell was going on, what session it was, how to start a session etc etc.

For a sim that is pure online (read no AI) the online is atrocious, like the rest of the sim, but online.........................

LFS Zealots - the best in the world

Dan,
Quote from ajp71 :Maybe I'm sure the physics will not be flawless (seeing as no physics engine has been bug free) and we'll see evidence of bigger bugs soon.

You might be emo. You should get it checked out... the mood swings are worrying.

So wait, LFS gets a hard time about the aero bug despite the fact that it is literally days from being fixed in the patch. However, along comes nK where you can slide down a hill while pointing perpendicular to it and drive upside down and its alright? Logic for teh win! Sparkplug.

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG