The online racing simulator
#1 - yaper
Speculation: What we will have in next patch :)
According to new translatable strings.
We MAYBE will have False starts, handicap (weight adding, intake restriction) system and diff preload.

/EDIT
There are only text to translate, no one knows what be in the next patches.
want there going be more racers can join the servers then they can now? Where di u get your info from?
O RLY? I want to have a look at that for my self, will do ...

SO Graphical update will be included FWIH, as will no reset. More racers is on the cards, 24 was a figure touted somewhere.
Quote from yaper :According to new translatable strings.
We will have False starts, handicap (weight adding, intake restriction) system and diff preload.

Where did you get this info?, if it is indeed true, those are a few things that I have been hankering for for yonks, I doubt diff preload will happen soon though, that would require a non-compatible physics patch.
Having looked, it has stuff about wet tyres and other stuff as well. We'll see folks, we'll see ...

And it says nothing about restrictors or jump starts.
Not forgetting the Nurburgring, realtime weather, and a Mclaren F1 too. Mods please delete this stupid thread.
#7 - axus
Yeah, I think you should keep info you get from having the privileges of being a translator to yourself - you cannot be sure of some of these things so rather not publicise them.
Quote from yaper :We will have False starts,

How would that work for auto-clutchers? They're going to need a button clutch in all the turbo cars if that does come in.
#9 - yaper
There are only strings to translate. But that means dev are working on that. So if not next patch, maybe the following.

There are placeholders for 28 positions in the race.
Quote from yaper :There are only strings to translate. But that means dev are working on that. So if not next patch, maybe the following.

There are placeholders for 28 positions in the race.

Edit: never mind
#11 - axus
Quote from thisnameistaken :How would that work for auto-clutchers? They're going to need a button clutch in all the turbo cars if that does come in.

It needs to come in sooner or later, Kev. I won't mind having a bit more excitement added to the start... and you can have a button clutch and have autoclutch on at the same time anyway.
#12 - Vain
Quote from DaveWS :You don't get it do you? You don't start rumours before the devs choose to release a patch. I actually think a temp ban should be in order unless you edit/delete your post.

He also could have said "Look into your LFS folder, under /data/language/English.txt and look for lines ..." - everyone of us has those strings in his LFS folder.
I think it's good to know that there are at least intentions to tackle some of the more important problems with LFS within the next few years after they weren't fixed for years, so I'm thankfull for this thread.

Vain
Quote from axus :It needs to come in sooner or later, Kev. I won't mind having a bit more excitement added to the start...

Oh totally. I've got a clutch pedal and the handbrake mapped to a button anyway, so I'm all set, I was just wondering what it would mean for the majority.

Quote from axus :and you can have a button clutch and have autoclutch on at the same time anyway.

Ah, I didn't know that. Fair enough.
-
(nesrulz) DELETED by nesrulz
-
(Don) DELETED by Don
Quote from Vain :He also could have said "Look into your LFS folder, under /data/language/English.txt and look for lines ..." - everyone of us has those strings in his LFS folder.
I think it's good to know that there are at least intentions to tackle some of the more important problems with LFS within the next few years after they weren't fixed for years, so I'm thankfull for this thread.

Vain

i don't have English.txt
Quote from faster111 :i don't have English.txt

Don't worry, it would be of very little use to you anyway.
Quote from thisnameistaken :How would that work for auto-clutchers? They're going to need a button clutch in all the turbo cars if that does come in.

Scawen just needs to code some genious "shorcut" button, that automatically reconfigures pedals, brake -> clutch (do you need to brake in the start? I doubt it), and when releasing that button it swaps it back to brake. Sounds stupid? Anyway it's not a joke. Of course you would still need to use auto clutch while driving... but at least the starts would be even no matter do you have 2 or 3 pedals.

Btw, will biggie's nightmares come true (will lfsworld.net going to get a reset)? Like Scawen said, it's going to be (multiplayer-?)incompatible patch but no physics changes... so what does it mean regarding lfsworld?
If you have autoclutch but a button assigned, you can over-ride the auto and use the clutch manually, like if you press change up when using auto gears you over-ride it and change up. Maybe that needs knobbling for the gears, no need to worry on upshifts but the manual downshifting avoids the delay in changing down when coming out of corners ...
Quote from deggis :(do you need to brake in the start? I doubt it)

On Blackwood at least, you surely will.

The intake restriction sounds interesting... Very NASCARish
#20 - axus
Quote from deggis :Scawen just needs to code some genious "shorcut" button, that automatically reconfigures pedals, brake -> clutch (do you need to brake in the start? I doubt it), and when releasing that button it swaps it back to brake. Sounds stupid? Anyway it's not a joke. Of course you would still need to use auto clutch while driving... but at least the starts would be even no matter do you have 2 or 3 pedals.

Btw, will biggie's nightmares come true (will lfsworld.net going to get a reset)? Like Scawen said, it's going to be mp-incompatible patch but no physics changes.

I'm all for that clutch suggestion! Would be awesome.
As for LFSW, I don't think it's getting reset.
Quote from axus :... and you can have a button clutch and have autoclutch on at the same time anyway.

True, but unfortunately for those who don't have many buttons such as myself with my Momo, that means I will have to give up a very important button bind to a clutch and possibly another for the handbrake.

Needing a clutch for false starts is a good thing, don't get me wrong. I'm just not looking forward to stumbling with the keyboard for something that is needed like pit limiter, shift-F, etc. Or the VERY important "Sorry" when I wack into someone, LOL.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :The intake restriction sounds interesting... Very NASCARish

It's to even out the TBO's prolly - but the FXO is so far ahead, it shouldn't have a hole in the restrictor plate
Quote from mrodgers : that means I will have to give up a very important button bind to a clutch and possibly another for the handbrake.

Why would you need both? I'm sure the brake pedal will still work . In fact, with autoclutch, you could still start without using a clutch button. Maybe your setup would need a very short first gear.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's to even out the TBO's prolly - but the FXO is so far ahead, it shouldn't have a hole in the restrictor plate

Of course, the weight portion of "handicap" is what most people ask for, I just found it interesting that intake restriction is specifically mentioned. Speculation is the spice of life
Weight Biasing and Intake restrictor plates might be a good way for us to generate the data needed to find the right steps to ballance the classes that are still not close enough. It would be most usefull for leagues and less so for public races without an insim app assigning these values. But it will be interestingnad welcome for sure. Neither would alter the physics so they would only be multiplayer incompatible.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG