The online racing simulator
I am nowhere near running out of buttons on my pad.

D-pad up - Flash lights
D-pad left and right - look left and right
D-pad down - look backwards.
Left analog stick - steer
Right analog stick up and down - combined throttle and brake (inverted)
X - Unused
Square - Unused
O - Unused
Triangle - Unused
R1 - Clutch
L1 - Handbrake
L2 - Down gear
R2 - Up gear

No problem with me

@ Gimp - I think it would be physics incompatible. For leagues, I imagine that it would be per-driver but on public servers I feel sure it would be "all FZRs get 10kg, all XRRs get 5" or similar.
:hihi: Gamepad

Why couldn't you have the gear on N and then shift to first?

Full throttle and quick clutch release will still be the fastest way to start in any car before the physics are updated. It shouldn't be like that, or is this just another myth?

Can't actually find those strings of text anywhere. Maybe I'm blind, or they don't exist.
Blackout, I think the translators have been sent a new form for the translations. Neutral and shifting in to first is - of course - an option. Or just having it in first and stomping on the loud pedal when the lights go green (OK, not for the TBOs, the turbo lag is silly )
Quote from Blackout : It shouldn't be like that, or is this just another myth?

It depends on the car (tires & torque & weight etc), but no it's not a myth overall (not like the lateral "fall off" myth). I don't think you'd see much difference in the lower powered cars TBH, but probably some difference. Maybe under lock up mostly for those cars.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It depends on the car (tires & torque & weight etc), but no it's not a myth overall. I don't think you'd see much difference in the lower powered cars TBH.

Bear in mind the turbocharger pressures - using the throttle will spin up the turbo - vitally important for the TBO class cars as they have more lag than dialup connecting to a server on the moon
Quote from duke_toaster :Bear in mind the turbocharger pressures - using the throttle will spin up the turbo - vitally important for the TBO class cars as they have more lag than dialup connecting to a server on the moon

What does this have to do with spinning tires and longitudinal grip?

I'm confident the turbocharger modelling will be address at some point too though.

Currently that can be overcome with gearing, and the FXO has little enough traction that it's probably better that it's laggy anyway!
Quote from thisnameistaken :How would that work for auto-clutchers? They're going to need a button clutch in all the turbo cars if that does come in.

Handbrake stays on as long as you're in neutral... So my guess would be: Neutral and handbrake at start, and when the lights go green, you shift into first...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Why would you need both? I'm sure the brake pedal will still work . In fact, with autoclutch, you could still start without using a clutch button. Maybe your setup would need a very short first gear.

As I don't have a clutch pedal, I would need to use a button clutch. But, If I happen to be sitting on a slight incline on the grid, I didn't want to have to be sitting with my foot both on the brake and ready to snap onto the throttle at the moment the lights turn green.

DUH!!!!! Er, I wouldn't need the same foot for both the brake and the throttle because I don't have a clutch pedal. :doh: Don't ask, LOL. It's been a long day (yet I still find time to read the forum, hmmmmm )
I don't see why we would have to banlance the cars. The handicap system just doesn't work that way, it would probably unbalance most of online races, I don't see the point. Classes shoulds be balanced before we apply any kind of handicap. Speaking of which, I don't understand why we'd need handicaps? What I understand can be two things:

- Handicap a single player;
- Handicap a car.

First, handicaping a player is completly unfair; if he's fast, good for him, but it's not a reason to slow him down. And again, I don't see the point in putting our own handicaps to the cars, they should already be balanced. If you handicap a car, it's like making it useless in a serious race, so you're just better to forbid it on the server.
edit: @ mike ^^
Well, I didn't mean using the brake as a clutch. My point is this: why is everyone hung up on having to control the clutch at all when the autoclutch option exists? The false starting doesn't mean you need to use the clutch, it just means don't go before the green light.

That being said, I will enjoy using my G25 to keep the brake on, throttle on, and clutch partially engaged so I can build boost before the green. Of course, someday that will maybe burn the clutch into a virtual cinder, but for now it will be fine. As long as I don't encounter any strange clutch damage from doing that.....
@ Boosterfire - success ballast works in leagues, it adds a bit more spice to the racing. It's used in FIA GT, WTCC, BTCC ...
I'd rather have all the racers drive the same car and actually prove that they're better than the others. Same setup for everybody would be better than handicap.
Well, hopefully force a setup will be an option at some point as well. I do agree that it's a good idea.
+1 for hopeful forced setup in the future. Would be neat.

Having the option of equalizers would be good, useful in some cases.

As for the 'true' starts. It'l be tricky to get starts right on Blackwood with my G25, but hey, it will be more realistic! Looking forwards to the challenge!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well, hopefully force a setup will be an option at some point as well. I do agree that it's a good idea.

only with the ability to change the arbs and brake balance (F11 menu)
#42 - JJ72
Quote from boosterfire :
I'd rather have all the racers drive the same car and actually prove that they're better than the others. Same setup for everybody would be better than handicap.

that's a different kind of level playing field, will work great in junior levels.

But for top league racers, keeping them from finding the perfect package is just wrong.

we need both options.
Quote from deggis :Scawen just needs to code some genious "shorcut" button, that automatically reconfigures pedals, brake -> clutch (do you need to brake in the start? I doubt it), and when releasing that button it swaps it back to brake. Sounds stupid? Anyway it's not a joke. Of course you would still need to use auto clutch while driving... but at least the starts would be even no matter do you have 2 or 3 pedals.

You can already do this...albeit with a custom written script, just like the F9-F10-F11-F12 script that Vain wrote.
Quote from banshee56 :You can already do this...albeit with a custom written script, just like the F9-F10-F11-F12 script that Vain wrote.

Didn't know that. Great, so there are no technical limitations so Scawen just needs to code it and include it in the controllers screen.
Evening out of GTRs better happen, that's all i want, and maybe better interiors for them.
Scawen already said that interiors for GTRs will be in the next incomp patch. I would link, but I'm lazy.

As for evening out the XRR/FZR (the FXR will probably always be a tad slower)... If the XRR got a true sequential, and the boost modelling got fixed, the issue would be solved.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well, hopefully force a setup will be an option at some point as well. I do agree that it's a good idea.

I'm sure many DFP/G25 owners would rather not want to use a kb or mouse racer's setup with 10 degrees steering radius, don't you think?

Forced setups, no thank you, but I do vote +1 for lot of setup options removed from road cars.
Quote from spankmeyer :I'm sure many DFP/G25 owners would rather not want to use a kb or mouse racer's setup with 10 degrees steering radius, don't you think?

Well, no, that would be quite fecal....

I suppose allowance would have to be made for fuel, steering lock, top up/down and anything else (which I can't think of right now) which is a bit more of a personal issue than a technical one. Also perhaps a range of acceptable tire pressures? ... What's wrong with forcing a trans/diff/suspension setup?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What's wrong with forcing a trans/diff/suspension setup?

180 degree wheel makes it possible to drive a setup that would make you mad at proper steering degrees.
Quote from spankmeyer :
Forced setups, no thank you, but I do vote +1 for lot of setup options removed from road cars.

I'm all for this too but not until a major tyre physics improvement. Think FZ5 with default setup: THE HORROR, THE HORROR...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG