The online racing simulator
LX Skins (All)
(539 posts, started )
Quote from Burnzoire :a custom Red Bull Caterham...

Not too sure about the yellow but thats excellent
Quote from Stew2000 :Not too sure about the yellow but thats excellent

Thanks

I've seen many caterhams with the very same yellow nose, plus it's an adaptation of the Red Bull F1 car's yellow nose (albiet much bigger)

edit: re-uploaded correct version (had the shade layer turned off) it's 2:30am gimme a break :P

If you liked this skin, have a look at the Red Bull FXO I'm working: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17157
That yellow is fine with me, and job well done :up:. Looks good on the LX4

Though, did you do something funky with the base white skin? It looks like you put contrast on it and it's quality was lost.... Set it to Multiply on the topmost layer and it will blend just fine... (unless you are trying to make some kind of 'metallic' effect?) :doh:
TOP SKIN!!

The quality is sorta bad though .
Ok I've just addressed the quality issue and re-uploaded the file... sorry for the multiple versions. Please re-download!
The problem was the alluminium layer was set to the wrong blend - I've now used overlay which works nicely... no detail loss at all (and yes the default layer was on multiply already, that wasn't the issue). I've also uploaded the 2048 res version btw I know the default layer is jagged from resizing but I never notice that on the skin anyway. Everything else is high res.

Thanks for your comments guys
Kawasaki Ninja LX6

Free to use/edit, just don't remove the "created by" - text.

Below are the preview, the 1024x1024 skin for LFSworld and a 2048x2048 skin for sick renders

To download the skin, click the smaller picture, right click the picture that opens up and select "save as...". Save to your LFS/data/skins folder.
Attached images
prev.jpg
LX6_hyperfree6.jpg
LX6_hyperfree6_2048.jpg
That is a fantastic skin! I'm not into bikes but I see many ninjas riding about and you've translated it to the lx6 perfectly!
Quote from Burnzoire :That is a fantastic skin! I'm not into bikes but I see many ninjas riding about and you've translated it to the lx6 perfectly!

Thanks for the comments . Maybe I update it later, maybe even today as that T-rex on the front side doesn't fit with the ninja theme, some kind of ninja art might work better

Anyway, feel free to edit/use
I like it alot. Looks great.
Quote from Hyperactive :Kawasaki Ninja LX6

Free to use/edit, just don't remove the "created by" - text.

Below are the preview, the 1024x1024 skin for LFSworld and a 2048x2048 skin for sick renders

To download the skin, click the smaller picture, right click the picture that opens up and select "save as...". Save to your LFS/data/skins folder.

I think that is pretty nice... just the side screen showing the engine has really got to go imo. I was looking all over the car and liking the design until my eyes came across that
Quote from Tweaker :I think that is pretty nice... just the side screen showing the engine has really got to go imo. I was looking all over the car and liking the design until my eyes came across that

I am planning to update the skin at some stage (have been quite some time already ) but imho the engine view stays. I know it doesn't look realistic or like a straight six but the whole skin kinda got started from it.

At least that T-rex on the side goes, ninjas and dinosaurs don't mix well

EDIT: or you can edit it as you like: "Free to use/edit, just don't remove the "created by" - text."
Umm looks like fishscales... Not bad though....
Vimto
Just a quick one! Simple but i like it!

LX6 Vimto skin
Attached images
LX6_vimto_pre.JPG
LX4 skin inspired by the 60's F1 cars, befor the sponsership came into it.
Attached images
LX4_BR Green.jpg
Sorry I don't like it. The color of Blue and Yellow combination annoys me. Some of the logos are stretched. Maybe work on it more?
oooooooooooo.
Thats pretty. excellent job

and happy 300 posts resent:
Quick LX4 skin based on the Caterham R300. Same with my last skin (xfg) I spent longer making preview skins, as I decided to make an advert out of it.
Attached images
r300 advert.jpg
LX4_r300.jpg
There's something about that shade of blue that makes that car look really really nice. I like it.

LX Skins (All)
(539 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG