The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
can anyone who's got the bikes post a piccie of their map showing JUST the car garages? i think i've got them all, but i still cant use the bikes!

Can i actually enter the Lexus garage?
I picked up the PC version today and I've gone from an F grade Audi TT (awful) to E standard 350Z Nismo (good fun, a bit tail happy but controllable) so far.

TDU offers a great experience- cruising round, drawing up next to another player and racing him down the coast to rock music/dramatic classical/jaunty jazz or swearing at the git in the Mercedes who overtook you when you were enjoying a quiet drive.

My specs are AMD 3200+, 1GB RAM, 256MB 7600GS O/C. I get playable framerates (don't know what they are but it's good enough) at 1024x768 High Detail with no AA/AF/HDR. In fact, the graphics start corrupting if I turn HDR on so .

(Btw, I've also played someone else's PS2 version and although the looks aren't as hot and some bits have been stripped out eg clothes/picking your player/Ferraris it's still quite fun).
Quote from somasleep :I've read somewhere on the atari forum a user suggesting using something called "tinyxp". It's a stripped down version windows xp sp2. All the things unnecessary for gaming a stripped out leaving a very lean fast version of xp.
You create a separate partion and install and play your games there.
Might be worth a look if your rig is mid or low end.

Thanks for the tip! I have a free partition anyway so I might give it a try
damnit, AVG minimised it just as i was about to win a race, and then TDU crashed!

Anyway, heres my latest purchase, she did this with no modifications, so lord knows how fast she'll go with them!
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
I like Mclaren F1 handling, somewhat different and the center cockpit is nice too.

I haven't purchased it, because I dont still want to empty my pocket so much yet, so far, Koeningsegg 3rd tuning gets things done very good (Top speed I've got is 439 Km/H, 274 mph) It goes well over that speed, but I lost control because of a little bump, tho there is one really long and nice road, which I call my official speed test road.
Quote from Rtsbasic :[RCG]Boosted, I'd go ahead and overclock it. Athlons are pretty good, my old 2000 had no trouble reaching the same clockspeed as a 2600, once you bumped the voltage up a little bit. My 3400 I O/C 200mhz, which is about 3700 speeds I think, not seen it go over 45C.

yea, but im a noob in that stuff, have read some tuts but yea.
also my cpu is with my current cooler/fan already on 45-50 C which is hot enough.
and atm i cant afford a new cooler cuz i just ordered this game which does already exceed my limit lool.
Quote from Jakg :can anyone who's got the bikes post a piccie of their map showing JUST the car garages? i think i've got them all, but i still cant use the bikes!

no-one?
If you zoom out far enough to see the whole island and filter out all but the garages, the ones that you have not yet visited will be slightly opaque/lighter.
do you actually have to GO to them? i thought you just had to drive to them! oops!
No, once they are not opaque anymore you dont have to GO to them.
well it came out yesterday. Ill be buying this today or tommarow.
i allready have it but im gonna wait for my new PC now it goes a little bit but until then ill do some SLRR :P
Finally unlocked hardcore mode, but im way to tired to try it atm
Unlocked the motorbikes eariler..they're pretty fun, if not a bit strange to use on a wheel. Liking the Ducati 999R.

Like the classic cars as well, you can slide them about nicely, and they're nicer to drive than more firmly sprung cars on the hilly roads.
I dont know why, but i would probably have more fun driving the "normal" cars in the game. From what i know, the only normal cars are the GTI (vw golf), the z33 (350z), and the mustang?

oh well, i still want the game.
Well, I went to play it today, and to my amazement, it played beautifully, at a good 40 FPS, Its a fun game, a bit time consuming, but great.
grrrrrr.....mine isnt here yet.
i hope it will arrive today.
i cant wait
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :I dont know why, but i would probably have more fun driving the "normal" cars in the game. From what i know, the only normal cars are the GTI (vw golf), the z33 (350z), and the mustang?

oh well, i still want the game.

There's a few "normal" cars, in my garage I have an Alfa GT thingy (FWD, mass understeer and lift off oversteer, fun stuff), Audi TT & a 350Z. Don't like the Golf, because it forces you into using the paddles with it.
Does this game have Mouse-Steer option?
Just a quickie because trolling the Atari forums is like swimming in treacle...

Has anybody heard any news about the nVidia driver problem, and has it been resolved yet?
Only asking because I am extremely hacked off at getting miscellaneous gfx glitches every 2 or 3 minutes!

Another thing, has anybody got the FULL link to the hacked *.INI files to tweak it? the ones given here and on the atari site are truncated

(and YES, my system DOES meet the recommended requirements!)
Bladey, what version of the nVidia drivers are you using?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bladey, what version of the nVidia drivers are you using?

At the moment I've got 93.71 installed, but have tried the 93.81 Beta's as well, with no difference, and when I experimented with the NVIDIA Optimized Driver v1.9381 (x32)] I got a BSOD, the savegame file got corrupted, and I had to start a new profile from scratch
Was thinking of trying the ForceWare 97.52 x86 as well, but going to back up the savegame folder first this time!
i'm using XTremeG 94's, working GREAT at TDU
93.71 here without a hitch. Looks excellent in HDR
iirc the 7-series cards can't do AA+HDR on at the same time?

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG