The online racing simulator
Quote from Mister2zx3 :Coming on here as a Demo User certainly raises eyebrows and will set off lots of peoples sad/scared/hurt/betrayed/hateful sensors.

Particuarly when that makes it that your either lying about having S2 or cracking
Tim said, in his hastily edited post, that, and I am para-phrasing here, that LFS wasn't a good enough sim to be included in R2P.

As far as I am concerned, that means to me any tie up between the two is pretty much dead in the water before it's started
Quote from danowat :Tim said, in his hastily edited post, that, and I am para-phrasing here, that LFS wasn't a good enough sim to be included in R2P.

As far as I am concerned, that means to me any tie up between the two is pretty much dead in the water before it's started

If he is lying ro cracking S2, or if he is just ignorant and hasn't played them. You don't have to crucifiy him. He'll hang himself. Right nwo it seams folks are real quick to belittle folks, when bad folks tend to show through on their own. Again Hopefully Tim will show up, and I would assume from only hearing this side, not having seen "pre-edit" posts, and hear he has not ever driven LFS, used a crack, or maybe have some reason for it not beign good enough.

Was it not good enough becuase he *did not know* that LFS provides more than enough stats for ranking/points awards/etc? Before you stuff words in his mouth, let him explain why. It may just be stats, it may be the drivng model, it may the cloud textures, who knows? If it's becuase he is misinformed, I doubt anyone here will have a problem correcting him, although in a more constructive manner may need to be reminded.

Hopefully Tim will take an hour, get S2, run it, check out his stats on lfsworld, and then put a plan/budget together to tie the final pieces together, host some servers, and provide a great service that brings more folks to LFS and more real racers online. Especially now during the down season, it would be very beneficial to get more real world experienced drivers attention.
I recommend you seek out a copy of his pre-edited post, I somehow think your opinion will change pretty quickly
@Mister - check your PMs then check back and piece together the dates, most of the people on this thread were fair until it became clear it just wasn't going to work.
Quote from axus :*joins Tristan in Kid's corner*
(Tristan went to Kid's corner after the netKar 1.0.2 patch)

it's not my corner, its the truth corner (for lack of a better word). i try to stay in it as a design of life. a reference for me and thankfully many others.
Mister2zx3, I think you are being wholly unfair on the community here. To put it into perspective, I was contacted by Tim to get LFS working with R2P - at this point I knew nothing about what R2P was about or how it would benefit me, I asked him for more information and he just said 'check the webpage'. After doing so, I still didn't really get it, so I explained what I did and asked, how can this benefit me.

His position was that it wouldn't, I said i'd help if I could find some benefit for myself for doing so, his attitude over this time got more and more dismissive about the stuff that I do an more and more 'big chunk' sweeping statements about his own service. He continued to email me a few more times, so I responded duly responded to which he responded, why are you even bothering me...

I then posted my conclusions in this thread as to why I wasn't going to do it, and Tim then made a multi-screen long post directly attacking me 3 times a paragraph.

During this time Tim was busy in this thread making himself even more enemies with his attitude and then editing his posts afterwards.

To say the community is being unfair, well certainly from where I sit, I see nothing gained from the whole experience.

I confess it's swayed my perception of the 'community at large', and made me wonder why I even bother contributing to sim racing. The whole thing has made me feel I should go back to real racing and be damned with the whole thing, but thankfully I do have some faith in humanity, and I realise Tim is only 1 person, albiet one I favour less than the long dead carcasse of a rotten skunk.
Quote from Becky Rose :I confess it's swayed my perception of the 'community at large', and made me wonder why I even bother contributing to sim racing. The whole thing has made me feel I should go back to real racing and be damned with the whole thing, but thankfully I do have some faith in humanity, and I realise Tim is only 1 person, albiet one I favour less than the long dead carcasse of a rotten skunk.

People like Tim can be found all around. And I doubt we could do without you, especially now. If we had to choose between something you came up with which wasn't entirely 100% perfect, or something that's been running for ages by someone like him, I'm 100% sure that 95% of the people who care about LFS would stand behind you. Simply because we've come to know your abilities and efforts for this community.

So I sincerely hope that you would never leave this community for something like this.
Don't worry about that I'm not going anywhere, I was just making the point that the experience of dealing with this for a while did destroy my faith in humanity.
Quote from Becky Rose :Don't worry about that I'm not going anywhere, I was just making the point that the experience of dealing with this for a while did destroy my faith in humanity.

come on Becky, think about what the community would miss out on!

When do we get a new version of Live For Skidmarks with R2P support, then?
The Live for Skidmarks physics are a bit too real for R2P don't you think Jak?
actually, i dont think you should realise it, Becky, all the nK and rF fans will be annoyed because their new competition has both better graphics and better sound!
Quote from Jakg :and better sound!

Now I think that's stretching the boat, well against rF at least.
I'm just trying to give an outsiders view in here. Sometimes looking in a mirror is the best therapy or most horrifying thing..

Thanks to those who sent me the pre-edits.

Two wrongs do not make a right. If someone comes in slinging mud, you don't have to sling mud back. I would hope the image the LFS community wants to display is that of, we can handle a situation like this without stooping to that level. After reading the pre-edit ( Why has no one posted this again here? why is it not being kept in the open, like it was originally intended when typed up and posted? ) I can see there is some relatively important issues of dishonesty and disrespect.

Me being from the US and a racer with NASA, I thought this might have some VERY good partnership/relationship/coming together between NASA and LFS, but I am appauled at the type of representation NASA is getting. This is not acceptable in my book for NASA and I'm sure NASA would not approve.

At the same time, again, looking in with the masses, from the outside world, having the original post so folks can see it, and an approach
to respond without stooping to disrepsectful levels goes a long way to show LFS community is *not* elitist, disrepectful, but open to suggestion, and open to lending a hand.

But it does appear the assistance asked for ( or demanded ), was out of line, and possibly not genuine, and sadly based on dishonest conversation. Tim has no S2 license, and not even picking one up is very sad.

When things come to light I understand folks who are wrapped up with their series and having lots of invesment in them getting frustrated and agitated, but remember there are MANY more folks reading than responding, and it would be nice to temper those posts that will represent the community (becuase the LFS community is part of the LFS game itself ), so folks want to return, not just get parts of the story, see a lot of name calling and find that's not the type of place they want to be.

And I certainly would hope one individual would not have any basis or effect on determing the worth or respect of 6.6+ billion other people.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. I hope Becky keeps up the good work folks are enjoying. I couldn't locate a schedule on your site to see if this Texan might partake of some online fun while the track car gets refurbished for next season.

And Tim, I'd still like to hear your side, albeit right now most likely with some apologies for undo remarks, and *truthful* familiairity with LFS.

I would also hope everyone else "representing" the LFS community would not get there feathers so easily ruffled by the occasional wind gust.
Quote from ajp71 :Now I think that's stretching the boat, well against rF at least.

were talking about Live For Skidmarks, btw
Quote from Jakg :were talking about Live For Skidmarks, btw

Which comes with a special muffled effect... some things in LFS are still WIP, I like the concept of generate sounds but sampled sounds just sound so much nicer, I'd be prepared to give up the feedback of the LFS sounds to get that spine tingling sound.
Let me get this straight, i am NOT talking about LFS, i am talking about Live For Skidmarks, which is a game Becky made (!)
half made
Then why are we all driving our brains out on the STCC servers when there's a whole new universe created by Becky? Don't want to be competition for the devs?
Quote from Jakg :Let me get this straight, i am NOT talking about LFS, i am talking about Live For Skidmarks, which is a game Becky made (!)

Right got a link
Quote :Then why are we all driving our brains out on the STCC servers when there's a whole new universe created by Becky? Don't want to be competition for the devs?

lol, no nothing of the sort. It's a simple cross of Live for Speed with Skidmarks, I just made it for some fun, and because I wanted to get at the LFS cars & tracks for my viewer app. Give a programmer a car and a race track, and of course the programmer will make the car move...
yes, skidmarks.

(Only skidmarks aren't implemeted yet)

i would give you some screenies if the damn thing worked

(EDIT - it does work, when i close FAH!)

Enclosed is a pic of the LX6 at South City

Becky made this game with the intent of writing her own "LFS Spectator" - she did this, and her program, LFS RaceWatcher, is bloody good, it does an (untextured) 3d view off the terain and cars, its great!
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
Quote from Jakg :Becky made this game with the intent of writing her own "LFS Spectator" - she did this, and her program, LFS RaceWatcher, is bloody good, it does an (untextured) 3d view off the terain and cars, its great!

i know ive seen the beta/alpha whatever she posted a few days ago
ive never heard of or played skidmarks though
Skidmarks - i think Becky never "properly" released it, its basically the driveable version of RaceWatcher with less graphics!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG