The online racing simulator
National Auto Sport Association Embraces Sanctioned Sim Racing With Race2play
Because LFS isnt finished.. Thats whats holding it back in many representation circles. Thats not a bad thing, its just because..
Could be any number of reasons. Here are a few possible factors, purely speculative and off the top of my head:
- LFS is still an unfinished alpha-release and the promoter or developer are not willing to use pre-release products;
- the promoter only wants to use real-world cars and tracks;
- the promoter may be able to extract and parse race results in real-time from the other sims more easily than LFS (?);
- the promoter was able to reach a back-room deal with the developers of the other products and was unwilling or unable to do so with the LFS devs;
- ISI, Simbin and Blimey are actively seeking out new marketing channels;
- etc

I am constantly surprised at how often LFS is overlooked, whether intentionally or not, in these sort of promotions and by the 'mainstream racing sim community', especially when you consider how often LFS cleans up in the various 'best-of' awards.
ASS, RSC and FILSCA all overlook LFS at the current time. I am currently attempting to actively change this state of affairs.

I recently attempt promotion of STCC at RSC, where I was offered the chance to produce a broadcast league for use on thier new portal comming January next year. Only with the stipulation that it wasn't the current LFS based series. I said, "OK, but pay me or use STCC".

Today I applied to register the STCC as a FILSCA recognised league where, and offered to solve all technical problems in integrating LFS to their web system which I understand is a pre-requisite of membership. From recollection FILSCA have tried to implement LFS support previously but could not find anyone willing to produce the tools. I will produce the tools they ask for if they'll recognise STCC.

FILSCA recognition will in turn get STCC into the ASS magazine, and provide an opportunity to promote the series there, which in turn will raise LFS' profile in all of these communities.

Whether any of this happens depends on whether there is any real opposition to LFS being included, as often its suggested some of these sites/groups have some kind of financial backing behind their 'independence', except RSC which just admits it is funded - but wont say by whome.
doh, this isn't the thread I meant to reply too ! lol... I'm such a smegging muppet.
Hehe nice info becky looks like your Christmas vacation was short lived =P
Quote from Becky Rose :Whether any of this happens depends on whether there is any real opposition to LFS being included, as often its suggested some of these sites/groups have some kind of financial backing behind their 'independence', except RSC which just admits it is funded - but wont say by whome.

Blimey!'s Ian Bell has just admitted in the latest edition of AutoSimSport that Simbin have been providing financial backing for RaceSimCentral, though he emphasizes that Simbin were to receive no special treatment as a result.
#9 - ajp71
I think the many reason that LFS is under represented is that atm its very much the devs intention to remain that way.

Quote from KiDCoDEa :because thats run by a thick bonehead called tim mcarthur, king artificially pumped protagonism, wanting to make a few bucks out of his virtual authority exercise?

I think he just posted the news item at RSC, I can't see his name mentioned anywhere on the site. Anyway suprised your pro-Fir$t Kid.
Quote from ajp71 :I think he just posted the news item at RSC, I can't see his name mentioned anywhere on the site. Anyway suprised your pro-Fir$t Kid.

From http://www.race2play.com/front/index :

"The racing events and series are designed and administered by Tim McArthur, who was voted one of the most influential PC Racing Sim Personalities of 2005 by the readers of AutoSimSport magazine."
Quote from BuddhaBing :From http://www.race2play.com/front/index :

"The racing events and series are designed and administered by Tim McArthur, who was voted one of the most influential PC Racing Sim Personalities of 2005 by the readers of AutoSimSport magazine."

Ok so I'm blind and what a load of bullshit Victor won the sim racing personality of the year last year and it was ASS who shortlisted McArthur.
Read "one of the most", which is different to "the most". So in other words he still got dominated by Victor.
If we can't get those farceurs at FILSCA (bear in mind that FIR$T is a puppet of iRacing)to recognise LFS - maybe the LFS community should get together with guys at other sims to form a breakaway world federation (World Sim Racing Drivers Federation)? GeneRally (despite various issues) isn't recognised by FILSCA - I wouldn't be suprised if FILSCA was getting back door funding from stuff to do with ISI.
Quote from duke_toaster :(bear in mind that FIR$T is a puppet of iRacing)

'FIRST' was / is iRacing I thought. Or are you refering to that unrelated app which provided multiplayer race matching??
Quote from Becky Rose :ASS, RSC and FILSCA all overlook LFS at the current time. I am currently attempting to actively change this state of affairs.

I recently attempt promotion of STCC at RSC, where I was offered the chance to produce a broadcast league for use on thier new portal comming January next year. Only with the stipulation that it wasn't the current LFS based series. I said, "OK, but pay me or use STCC".

Today I applied to register the STCC as a FILSCA recognised league where, and offered to solve all technical problems in integrating LFS to their web system which I understand is a pre-requisite of membership. From recollection FILSCA have tried to implement LFS support previously but could not find anyone willing to produce the tools. I will produce the tools they ask for if they'll recognise STCC.

FILSCA recognition will in turn get STCC into the ASS magazine, and provide an opportunity to promote the series there, which in turn will raise LFS' profile in all of these communities.

Whether any of this happens depends on whether there is any real opposition to LFS being included, as often its suggested some of these sites/groups have some kind of financial backing behind their 'independence', except RSC which just admits it is funded - but wont say by whome.

That is fantastic. I had talked to FILSCA too and the one reason they didn't do anything is because of stats and they thought it wasn't possible for their system. They obviously don't read around much . Ther is of course a whole lot of race result exporting scripts we have. I don't see why what we currently have would hold them back -- Maybe they just don't know about it.

But if you do become something bigger and publicize the STCC broadcasts on RSC or elsewhere, that'd be awesome!!!
i'm sorry that got posted. it was technical mistake.
i mean it all, but its giving you more importance than u deserve.
Quote from Becky Rose :ASS, RSC and FILSCA all overlook LFS at the current time. I am currently attempting to actively change this state of affairs.

Becky Rose gets "Most acronyms in a post" award. That was an intense read.

Only kidding...!
#18 - Nard
Go hate posts.

I personally don't give an ass hair brushing who's influential or anything. All this is bickering.

I like to drive LFS, and I don't like to drive all the other sims. If there was a better sim than LFS, I would drive it instead of it. But it doesn't seem to have been put into existence yet, so I'll stick to LFS until then. Seriously, I like how LFS' devs seem to think. Their game is good, and they don't need a frontpage telling it is the best out there to believe it.
Quote :but the only real problem (and the sole reason LFS is not currently supported) is the lack of a suitable race result export.

Is it not rather lack of effort? There are enough tools out there that let's you get all the info directly out of the replay as of right now. Additionally, with Insim and Outgage, there is probably more available to anyone actually willing to put in some effort and is not blinded by the supposed easiness of ISI-engine games. The only two sims able to put out just about as much info are NR2003 and GPL and I doubt you could get a live ticker and all that as easily to work even in those.
I simply dont get it... what is Race2Play?

Some sort of "LFSWorld", but for all sims?
..but whats the point in doing that?

And reading AutoSimSport for the answer doesnt help.
Its just bla bla bla bla bla..... bla..

131 pages of nothing worth reading.

Quote from bo-kristiansen :And reading AutoSimSport for the answer doesnt help.
Its just bla bla bla bla bla..... bla..

131 pages of nothing worth reading.

Well in AutoSimSport I could at least READ the articles.... on this R2P site, the blogs are just as bad as MySpace pages.... UGHHH.

Tim, I understand your need to have something quick and easy for the race export, and afterall the most 'popular' race export stuff for this game requires you watch the replay I think. But there can easily be something new made if you put forth the effort in gathering some programmers... I am sure it is possible. The developers could enlighten us on the subject of exporting race data, but I am sure it could even be recorded LIVE during the race. LFS isn't entirely limited, it still is very capable of doing the things you want to have happen. The devs could maybe add a bit of extra support for certain data to be acquired, but just how deep do you want to go?

The one thing I find odd is the man hours you are worried about. Of course everyone would like something quick and easy to get data from. But the most common one where we have to watch a replay (can fast forward) isn't that much of a problem. And I see that you take screenshots for your race results articles.... why not export the data from the replay while you watch it and take screenshots? You'd get two things done at once
If it is just about exporting the results out of a replay, you do not need to run the replay.

http://www.esl.eu/de/pro-serie ... rerwertung/match/4364802/

This is done by a replay-parsing. There is one flaw in it: drivers that disconnect during a race are not shown in the results. But to my knowledge, that is the same in all ISI-based games.
Tim: okay, then the replays in ISI sims must handle the results differently than the games themselves. I only noticed that when someone leaves the server before the event is done, they drop out of the ingame results list.
Quote from TMcArthur :The simple facts are that it does need to be a completely automated system .

we have that already for a few years. its called lfsworld.
#25 - Nard
yeah, I have no idea how LFS doesn't have an automated results system...

I mean, one of the best features about LFS is lfsworld. No one needs to upload anything, race results are there, how much more work would be needed to extract a little bit more info out of races automaticly, I mean, with outgauge, you could make a 3rd party app that each racers ahve to run besides LFS that records race data and then uploads it to a server...

You could even have individual racer stats done automaticly, I am certain of this.
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG