The online racing simulator
Quote from KiDCoDEa :we have that already for a few years. its called lfsworld.

Which is absolutely no use to someone wanting to get automated results...

I still don't get why this seems to be a constant issue, there are a lot of people here who say it can be done easily if *insert name here of website currently supporting other sims* put 5 minutes of effort in to write an insim app. Nothing seems to actually exist that can do this job, so why doesn't one of these smart asses do it themselves seeing as it is obviously easy?

The other thing I hate about the LFSs community's attitude to other sims is the constant ASS is biased against us/full of crap but none of these people seem at all interested in writing about LFS when offered to

As for the ISI results (in rF anyway) during a race when a person disconnects there is a message saying the car has been stored in the garage and they remain on the results.
Quote from ajp71 :Which is absolutely no use to someone wanting to get automated results...

LFSW isn't of any use to get automated results? Are you kidding? You can scrape LFSW for results in many ways. Whatever happened to the LFSWorldSDK, or in general just retrieve stats from LFSW?

Have a look around

Seems silly to say you can't get automated stats from LFSW, it can output data to your own website on the fly. LFSW has pubstats which you can query.
Quote from Tweaker :LFSW isn't of any use to get automated results?

To my knowledge there is no LFSW script to get the results of a race like you can get from exporting results in other sims?
We are talking results here... how basic can that be?

What else is there that is so complex and of dire need for the race results? All I'd ever need is finishing order, overall time, best times, etc. Position changes on any given lap, it can all be calculated by everyone's laptime. LFSW gives you the basics, but what else is needed?... or rather, what is even necessary?
Quote from Tweaker :
What else is there that is so complex and of dire need for the race results? All I'd ever need is finishing order, overall time, best times, etc. Position changes on any given lap, it can all be calculated by everyone's laptime. LFSW gives you the basics, but what else is needed?... or rather, what is even necessary?

Nothing more but is there a script out there currently available which will allow you to gather this info from LFSW about a specific race, I have never seen this available?
#31 - axus
TMcArthur, sorry that you are not feeling very welcomed - the people who aren't welcoming are in the minority for sure and every community has them. I didn't feel very welcomed in the rFactor forum earlier this year either so saying this is only an issue in LFS is not true. Now guys, let's give this man a break - he's trying to do something FOR LFS, despite barely knowing the sim in the first place (only a demo user - for now ).

MoE runs a live update system that shows what is going on in the race for the past 6 laps. Surely, a similar system can be used to compile end results too? - once in place, it wouldn't even need to be touched - or at most, just be reset between races. If you can't find the time to make something like this, you could ask in the Programmer's forum. They're a friendly bunch - someone ought to help your cause as it would certainly be good for LFS.

You could also use LFS Stats (this has to be done by a person on the server sadly - but maybe there's a way to do it from the server side too, after all, the "host" is essentially on the server). The advantage with that is the fantastic output that you get along with it. Here's an example. Its really become the standard for LFS league results. If you note above the results, there is a little underlined >. That will bring up qualifying results on the right. It is very easy to use. (Just for the record, I didn't really deserve that win - I just picked those stats because there were more cars there - it was T7R|Exodus who was flying until his connection died )
[EDIT: I see you mentioned race stewards - they could do this easily, all it takes is running an exe during qualifying , then another exe takes the output and makes an HTML straight out of it - taking all of 30s to do]

I also saw something recently, called "Live for Stats" - it can be found here. Apparently it does a similar thing on the the fly (so people who aren't racing can monitor race progress) but I haven't looked into it much. I think it uses LFS World's InSim Relay but you'd have to ask someone else how that whole thing works - basically its a race progress data feed being chucked out on the fly.

At the very least, you could get the data you seek from the MPR header format (I don't think qualy times go in there though). Writing a parser would not be much effort, but if you can't find the time to do it, again, ask in the Programmer's Forum. It shows the basics - car name and all.

If you dig a bit deeper into this whole thing, I think you'll find that (probably with more effort) LFS can output a heck of a lot more data than anything else.
Welcome TMcArthur please do not assume our whole community is as unfriendly as some have been here in this thread, its just not the case

I am not a programmer and understand very well you havn't time to parse replays ect,I do hope someone, and we are not short of talanted people here could sort somthing that suits your purpose.

SD.
Sorry TMcArthur I think my first posts may have come across in the wrong way, not a criticism of you at all, more of ASS. I personally hate how the LFS community cannot accept the existence of any other sim. I know most will argue that others are the same, but I have really seen very little fanboyism in other sims compared to LFS.
:rolleyes: ajp71. Lets NOT get into your 'fanboyism' realm please? We are still trying to help him out and ask questions for what TMcArthur needs in order for him to expand his selection of simulations on his site... We want to be a part of it, it's not like we are pissed and throwing tantrums that we can't be a part of everything in the sim community.

As axus was saying Tim, LFS Stats is a good tool to use, and looks pretty much just like what you've posted as examples. Here is an example of a race I did in a league, and the results are laid out with some pretty useful statistics. Now this page is/was designed to the league's liking, but the code is very flexible and you can move things around and piece together your stats in a proper form. Has some PNG graph generation, and some other options as well.

http://www.lfs-lota.net/race_f ... OTA-FV8-S1R6S1-STATS.html

If you haven't seen LFS Stats pages before, here they are Because this is the most common stats script you can use for leagues. With just a bit of coding and creativity, I am sure it could fit your site's requirements with no problems at all.
Quote from TMcArthur :I havent been feeling very welcomed here, even though all I am trying to do is HELP by supporting your community. No wonder why the LFS community is the 'black-sheep" of sim-racing, and outsider is instantly attacked with insults from all directions. Even with that, I will answer you Tweaker;

yo drama queen. didnt get a red carpet worthy of the 3rd most influential *****? get da **** out and take alex nkpoo with ya.
you're too thick to even notice we have realtime output from lfs of basically anything within the sim.
you want a txt file? go grab the lawsuits your lawyers have been crunching. plenty jackass txt there to please even the most hungry.
you think people have no past? you think you can do whatever and then come here, like a virgin, play the offended, while mocking the usual blacksheep rants?
its lfs that doesnt want to do with isi/rsc crap. its lfs that takes its own decisions. its lfs that picks his moderators. its lfs that conducts its own destiny.
so much for feeling welcomed
Ignore the obvious troll
Yes, having your own opinions about sims is fine, voice them and discussions start. There are plenty on the forum as proof.

BUT when someone comes to the Sim asking for help and wanting to do something for it and gets called names and treated like complete and utter rubbish, im sorry but thats where the little respect you might have had is tarnished.
#39 - axus
Quote from KiDCoDEa :yo drama queen. didnt get a red carpet worthy of the 3rd most influential *****? get da **** out and take alex nkpoo with ya.
you're too thick to even notice we have realtime output from lfs of basically anything within the sim.
you want a txt file? go grab the lawsuits your lawyers have been crunching. plenty jackass txt there to please even the most hungry.
you think people have no past? you think you can do whatever and then come here, like a virgin, play the offended, while mocking the usual blacksheep rants?
its lfs that doesnt want to do with isi/rsc crap. its lfs that takes its own decisions. its lfs that picks his moderators. its lfs that conducts its own destiny.

Kid, if you got a ban for that here too, I would aproove completely. What, a couple of guys said "woah, give Kid a break, he's not so bad" and now you're Mother Teresa? Calm down. Tim is hardly acting arrogantly or ignorantly or anything like that. He's here asking for information so he can help LFS. As for his award, what the **** have you done to positively influence the LFS community or any other sim racing community for that matter? Even if he doesn't deserve that award (and I'm not saying that he doesn't because I'm not aware of his work) who are you to tell him that? Boo, hoo, you're an LFS beta tester. Big deal. Chances are you've cost LFS more than you've done for it over the years.
#40 - Gunn
@TMcArthur: Could you please clarify for me the outcome of an association with LFS? The questions I would ask are thus:

Race2Play wants to manage LFS online racing events which would be sanctioned by NASA?
Race2Play would be the governing body applying rules and regulations adopted directly from NASA with logical adjustments made to accomodate the nuances and restrictions of online sim racing?
Race2Play would handle, interpret and display the results of events on their website and undertake the task of managing the event or series?
#41 - SamH
It's Christmas.. I don't wanna ban anyone

The question of outputting the required data is, IMO, now moot. Becky's said she can output the data in the format required by ASS in order to have results included without any effort on the part of the publishers. Having worked with Becky on the STCC licence system as a server host and tester, I've absolute confidence that this can be achieved. If the data is required in XML format, all we need is the XML schema definition and we're rolling. Moot point. I'd really like to try and keep this conversation positive.. or at least move INTO the positive.

I have to say, personally, that I think a credible move from ASS would be at the VERY least to own an LFS licence or 3. It's simply not realistic to expect the LFS community to have faith in a magazine publication's word that it's willing to support all sims, LFS included, when it doesn't demonstrate it at a most fundamental level.

In what way is LFS a black sheep? I have to ask this, because the term is multi-faceted. Are the LFS devs black sheep, or are the LFS racers black sheep? I'd really like to know the answer to that question, because I'm at a loss to understand how LFS gets pushed out and sidelined by the wider sim community (if it even does). I cannot accept the suggestion that it is not a core component of the sim racing community as a whole. THOUSANDS of races happen on LFS every single day. It has the most active leagues, and some of the most radically advanced and out-of-the-box thinkers in both the development team and the community at large.

It's also independent.

Is that why it's a black sheep?

If that's why, then rock on! "Eat that, Bo-Peep!" etc.. freedom from politics is a GOOD thing.
tbh i've not read this thread properly. I've been in direct communication with Tim over the last few days and the bottom line is this.

All technical requirements of whatever they need can be solved to make LFS and Race2Play integrate. The question is whether anyone is willing.

From my own perspective, I dont care about the LFS community being on the fringe of other sim racing communities - it sounds like a recipe for who has the biggest physics arguments if anything.

What I do care about is my brand, the STCC. If Race2Play can offer services for STCC then i'll solve whatever technical hurdles exist, if it can't benefit me then i'll spend my time doing things that can, and that's the bottom line.

Having just looked at the data required as detailed in this thread, I dont see any technical problems. I can provide more data than Tim knew was possible to collate (with the exception of reliable pit stop detection at the moment), I just need to know how Tim wants to receive that data.

Now the question is, what can Race2Play actually offer me?
#43 - Jakg
No, thats not what she said, what she wants is something "in return", ie publicity for the STCC in return for the work she does, not to give only the STCC access to this
#44 - SamH
I think what Becky's saying is that, right now, she can only commit the time required to develop the output tool on the basis that the STCC would benefit directly. This is fair enough, considering the amount of Becky's time that the STCC product consumes.

Becky isn't the only person with the capacity to deliver the tool required. Becky's only saying that she's physically unable to commit to extra workload that will, itself, deliver a result for the STCC. Any tool Becky created would consequently have community-wide benefit, but Becky's rightly indicating her personal predicament.

If anyone else is willing and able to deliver the required software to parse the data, then I don't see why anyone would hold themselves back.
#45 - Gunn
Quote from Quint999 :... isnt this an oppurtunity for all leagues and players to be involved.?

I'm trying to determine exactly what they would be "getting involved" in, what level of involvement is required, but more importantly to what end?
To answer all the last few posts:
There's no mission statement on Race2Play, i'm stuck at the same juncture as Matt - I dont know what it can offer my series and what it's trying to do, and that's what i'm waiting on an answer from before I make a tool.
Sorry guys , I seemed to have opened up a can of worms i know nothing about ! :hidesbehi
Quote from KiDCoDEa :yo drama queen. didnt get a red carpet worthy of the 3rd most influential *****? get da **** out and take alex nkpoo with ya.

technical mistake again huh ?
ok Tim, then we're done for now. Stay in touch.
#50 - Gunn
Quote from TMcArthur :Race2Play offers nothing to STCC, plain and simple. Race2Play has a lot to offer sim-racers of all types and across all sims. STCC, while a great looking series, is not going to directly benefit from Race2Play.

There is a very large page that explains a lot of what we do Becky, it is our main page at http://www.race2play.com
Another one that may help is http://www.race2play.com/front/about
Im sorry that we do not have a mission-statement that meets your expectations. Ask a question and you shall recieve an answer.

You don't seem to have a mission statement at all. I am left wondering what your angle is. I don't see what you have to offer to sim racers that they don't already have access to. The obvious benefits to the LFS devs might be more coverage=more sales, and that American LFS racers might in turn have a larger community to interact with, but I'm not seeing any other benefits. Your web site doesn't seem to answer the questions I posted earlier and I can not really make a worthwhile appraisal without understanding exactly what you are trying to achieve.

What is your role in relation to an LFS organised online event or series?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG