The online racing simulator
STCC Round 4 Broadcast [RELEASED]
(108 posts, started )
Really good race & good coverage.
Superb as always and yeah, having the two commentaters talking to each other made it even better.
I've watched STCC round 3, it was real fun to watch, I'm downloading this one.

p/s: I just watched STCC round 1 on youtube, wow Tristan sounds goood. lol
He does, it's a shame I barely let him get a word in . I've experimented with settings mip map bias although far too blurred for my taste when playing will definately make a difference when going through the broadcast as it 'de-digitalises' the image, and that's just what it needs. I think this will have a big impact on quality.

I have experimented trying to get 32bit again though, and that's a definate no no for now, my computer just can't do it.
Quote from Viper93 :I have an AMD64 3800plus with 2 gig of Ram, I also have dual raptor HHD's raided 0 I have captured, with fraps, a full start at 32bit w/sound full screen at about 45 FPS. I am not sure if you need a new processor or some more throughput to you HHD/s

at what resolution ? i cant get anywhere near those framerates even when writing to a ramdisk (although i havent tried reducing aa and af yet)
Quote from Becky Rose :I have experimented trying to get 32bit again though, and that's a definate no no for now, my computer just can't do it.

is the game folder and the raw avi destination folder on a different physical disc? I heard that this would also cause lower fps, I just thought maybe this could be the reason why you cannot capture in 32bit mode.

anways, the broadcast is great as always, and even better 'cause now I featured on it as well when you said you wonder what I would be up to in an fxo, perhaps even lapping half of the field was funny
The STCC would be nothing without heroes Victor, it's all about you guys. Now all I need is a villain.

Michael, can I have a word please...

PS: I have a RAID-0 array, all my drivers work together in theory - half the data is written to one drive, the other half to the other. In theory it's double speed hard disk access, so I cant imagine that is the problem.
FYI regarding the discussion above, I just checked bandwidth figures for the first two days since the footage went live and we shifted just over 1 terrabyte in the first two days. This is from the site which hosts only the movie files and a single, tiny, webpage used during the event with some live timing stuff on in the first heat.
Quote from Becky Rose :I have a RAID-0 array, all my drivers work together in theory - half the data is written to one drive, the other half to the other. In theory it's double speed hard disk access, so I cant imagine that is the problem.

well I am not into this RAID stuff, so I wouldn't know, but maybe someone does if this is a problem or not, we'll see.
Quote from Becky Rose :FYI regarding the discussion above, I just checked bandwidth figures for the first two days since the footage went live and we shifted just over 1 terrabyte in the first two days. This is from the site which hosts only the movie files and a single, tiny, webpage used during the event with some live timing stuff on in the first heat.

meaning how many downloads then? and did the interest grow compared to the previous rounds, or you cannot decide due to the various mirror sites?
#61 - Vain
If all downloaded the 500 megabyte version then it would be ~2000 views. Which translates into just below 8000 theoretical LQ-views.
So propably something along the lines of 3-4000 views, only from stctv.com

Vain
Mirroring prevents me getting stats from previous races, and I havn't looked deep into the stats yet as they're only a few days old, but my guess is that Vain is more or less on target with downloads. Obviously the streaming sites add to this, but only by a couple of hundred (we really need the drivers to post 5 or 6 comments per day for the first few days of release to get them better indexed - a few hundred comments will throw us right up there).

What we havn't had yet is any widescale promotion, so i'm quite happy with the figures for now.
akk, I miss-read the figures. It's tricky because it all works in megabytes and obviously we use quite a lot of those, in terrabytes, it's just over 0.1. That is actually a little dissapointing as it's suggesting only a tiny proportion of this forum have seen it, let alone elsewere.
Well if your running a Raid-0 I donno, I was running 1280x1024. I need to test it again. I am also running dual video cards, I don't know if that will make a difference, they are only 6600's
You need to ntice that people are also downloading the older parts as well. I had to download the 3rd part again because I removed a wrong file earlier (download failed on 1st try, the filefront one at the time).
Quote :I am also running dual video cards, I don't know if that will make a difference, they are only 6600's

I have dual 7800GT's 256mb... This isn't the problem. As i've said quality will go up next race as i've made improvements, but to get 32bit I need to lower some other quality settings like LOD, AA/AF (which i've now got maxxed with 16bit to ludicrous levels again), and texture sizes, the result is i'd rather have the 16bit with the other settings on as it looks better overall.
Stats over the last two days (they update at midnight in whatever timezone the server is so I dont have todays stats yet)

Distinct hosts served: 780
Data transferred: 128.05 gigabytes

Downloads since 1st December
1202 78.91% Dec/ 4/06 10:20 PM /movies/STCC4-TouringCars-MQ.wmv
617 7.64% Dec/ 4/06 11:32 PM /movies/STCC4-TouringCars-LQ.wmv
112 0.71% Dec/ 4/06 11:23 PM /movies/STCC_R4_T3.wmv
92 0.20% Dec/ 4/06 11:42 PM /movies/STCC_R4_T1.wmv
85 0.38% Dec/ 4/06 9:01 PM /movies/STCC_R4_T2.wmv
35 5.14% Dec/ 4/06 5:53 PM /movies/STCC3-TouringCars-MQ.wmv
23 4.31% Dec/ 4/06 11:39 PM /movies/STCC1-TouringCars-MQ.wmv
19 2.39% Dec/ 4/06 5:02 PM /movies/STCC2-TouringCars-MQ.wmv
6 Dec/ 3/06 11:24 AM /movies/RacersCantDrift.wmv
5 0.15% Dec/ 4/06 4:54 AM /movies/STCC2-TouringCars-LQ.wmv
4 0.14% Dec/ 4/06 5:22 AM /movies/STCC3-TouringCars-LQ.wmv
3 Dec/ 1/06 11:06 PM /movies/STCC_Preview.wmv
2 0.01% Dec/ 3/06 11:25 AM /movies/STCC_R3_T2.wmv
2 0.01% Dec/ 1/06 2:23 PM /movies/STCC1-TouringCars-LQ.wmv
1 Dec/ 2/06 3:07 AM /movies/STCC_R3_T1.wmv

Add You Tube & Google and we're basically on 2000 viewers for round 4 after the first 2 days. However you must remember these are weekend days, and experience has tought me that when you release things into the public domain and advertise via forum weekend days are the quietest - people do things at the weekend, people browse the web when they are at work ...
#68 - Vain
Would 32 bit really improve the quality that much? If you dither the 16 bit image and scale it down afterwards you should have a good picture, at least regarding the colors.

Great to see the stats.
Go! STCC! Go! :static:

Vain
Yesterday added another 26gb of downloads.

32bit is a significant jump, it's not revolutionary, but it's the next biggest step I could make in terms of visual quality.
Quote from Becky Rose :I have dual 7800GT's 256mb...

*coughs* me breaks into becky's house and steals said cards *coughs*
Eeep, they're only 7600GT, that's a typo - and not worth stealing.
#72 - SamH
#73 - Jakg
7600GT, eh?

Seriously Becky, you HAVE to try overclocking!
They are .
#75 - SamH
My teasers are all shot in 16-bit. There's definitely problems with textures visibly swapping as cars move onto them in 16-bit, but if that's the only thing you're out to avoid, I'd say it'd be a poor ROI.

STCC Round 4 Broadcast [RELEASED]
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG