The online racing simulator
STCC Round 4 Broadcast [RELEASED]
(108 posts, started )
Wasn't that specifically in reference to the wwf. domain name? The STCC's web address is simtouringcarcup.com.

[edit] Also, I don't think the STCC in Sweden is actually FIA-regulated. It's a Swedish national championship. Potentially confusing for Swedish STCC watchers, but not really an issue in the global scheme of things.. and once they sit down to watch it, I challenge anyone - Swedish or otherwise - to get confused about which version of the STCC they're watching

Our *sim* STCC isn't a company.. if it were to become one, it would be registered in the UK. The "real" STCC would have the opportunity to state their objection to the use of the acronym at that time
Quote from SamH :[edit] Also, I don't think the STCC in Sweden is actually FIA-regulated. It's a Swedish national championship.

It's not ran by the FIA, but it uses the FIA ISC and so-on and so-forth - as FIA regulated as the BTCC.

Quote :Potentially confusing for Swedish STCC watchers, but not really an issue in the global scheme of things.. and once they sit down to watch it, I challenge anyone - Swedish or otherwise - to get confused about which version of the STCC they're watching

Lawyers have taken people to the cleaners over more minor things than acronyms

Quote :Our *sim* STCC isn't a company.

Well, with the DVD-only "dark race" ...
If the Swedish STCC gets nervous that their business is being impacted by our use of LFS, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. As far as I know, we've not been approached by them or their suits yet. Never say never, of course
Quote from SamH :If the Swedish STCC gets nervous that their business is being impacted by our use of LFS,

Well, even if it isn't being impacted theoretically they could sue (unless I'm very much mistaken).

On topic : Why did (since race 2 onwards) the bit about the heats disappear?

Quote from Vain :If you enjoyed the broadcast, please consider placing a small thread in other forums (even those not sim-racing related) to advertise the STCC

Sounds like asking people to :spam: to me.
Quote from duke_toaster :Sounds like asking people to :spam: to me.

not really, plus there are a LOT of non-LFS'ers that enjoy watching these clips, so it's not really spam.

I wonder Duke, to you have a hidden agenda?
Quote from duke_toaster :Sounds like asking people to :spam: to me.

Sounds like troll to me.

I was willing to play along with the hypothetical case of STCC vs STCC, but taking issue with Vain's "tell your friends"?? Pure troll.
No need to grab the torch and pitchfork, Sam .
@duke_toaster:
I often suggest things that I really enjoyed to other members of forums I participate in. e.g. I talked about Richard Burns Rally in this forum, and the people here also enjoyed it. And I started a discussion about the live for speed in a different forum, because I think that other people can also enjoy it. Of course I place such a thread in the offtopic-section so people are aware that this is not crucial info and may be skipped when just browsing the forum.
If don't like that then that's your beef. I have generally recieved positive feedback from such action, but you're free to have an own opinion about that.

Vain
Yeah, I'm sure I'm just being tetchy. Sorry duke_toaster

I think there's a target length for the broadcast, and that's why the heats run-down has been gone for the last few rounds. If, once the broadcast body is completed, there's still room for heats coverage, it'll be incorporated wherever possible. I agree, the heats info was good.

STCC Round 4 Broadcast [RELEASED]
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG