The online racing simulator
*hmpf* The onlineshop where I orderer just changed the availability of the G25 from 6-10 Days to 10+ Days
Quote from tpa :*hmpf* The onlineshop where I orderer just changed the availability of the G25 from 6-10 Days to 10+ Days

Don't worry. Mine (BLE Computer) said, when I ordered it in September (I guess) something with October. Then it changed to 2nd November. When I looked on the Website at 2nd November it said 15th December. I phoned them and asked if they are serious with 15th December. The guy said that mine should be shipped on 10th November and that the people who order now get it at 15th December. I hope this is true... otherwise my G25 could be a Christmas Gift.

Maybe I should have brought the money to my Bank... until the Wheel arrives in year 2175 I could be rich.
wow...i'm starting to feel lucky that i got mine as quick as i did...i order on october 27th (friday), and my g25 was delivered on november 2nd (following wednesday)
I'm running a G25 noobs server if everyone wants to get together.

.... some hours pass ....

Well, one person joined, and I got bored. Server PC is noisy.

Anyway, I'm finding my legs really ache, the pedals are much more upright than the momo pedals. And after two years of left foot braking everything is going wrong in the legs department. Oh joy. Fun though, be nice when it actually all comes together. I can nearly manage the TBOs atm, GTRs are a bit too frantic. Dipping the clutch doesn't seem to help me perform emergence stops either. Silly legs.
Quote from Matrixi :Received my postage tracking number, this means the wheel will definately be here on monday.

314.90 euros.. didn't end up cheap but who cares! It's coming!

there 299€ in comp shops in Helsinki. See if you can find one and buy a Kossu bottle with that 15€ left over. Plus you dont have to wait.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm running a G25 noobs server if everyone wants to get together.

Anyway, I'm finding my legs really ache, the pedals are much more upright than the momo pedals. And after two years of left foot braking everything is going wrong in the legs department. Oh joy. Fun though, be nice when it actually all comes together. I can nearly manage the TBOs atm, GTRs are a bit too frantic. Dipping the clutch doesn't seem to help me perform emergence stops either. Silly legs.

Bob

The crazy thing for me now is that my right foot is getting better at braking and my left foot is pathetic...FFS!!
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm running a G25 noobs server if everyone wants to get together.

I looked for it, but couldn't find it. The joys of noobishness, I guess. Tried searching for user "MRNL" and also just scanning the server names for something containing "G25", but no luck either way. What's the trick?

I agree with you about the more upright pedals. The change in foot/leg angle is really hammering my calf muscles.

lyd
I can't brake with my left foot effectively anymore So in the single seaters my left foot doesn't really do anything. But meh, I'm enjoying the high power tin tops too much to care I'm about half a sec off pace at the min but its getting there.

At first I thought the pedals weren't that good, but I'm starting to really like them. Now the springs are "broken in" the resistance feels really good in all 3, they feel built to last as well.

TBH, LFS isn't the only game i've been enjoying with this, NFS Carbon is really fun with it too. Enough so I spent real money on it, first NFS I've brought in years.
Quote from lyd :I looked for it, but couldn't find it. The joys of noobishness, I guess. Tried searching for user "MRNL" and also just scanning the server names for something containing "G25", but no luck either way. What's the trick?

Sorry, by the time I had edited by post, I was implying I'd turned it off for the night. If people like the idea I can put it back on now, although I've no idea what my pings are like.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sorry, by the time I had edited by post, I was implying I'd turned it off for the night.

Yeah, I got that. I went looking before you edited it. Maybe I hit it just as you were giving up, though.

Sounded like fun to me.

lyd
Quote from mrfell :STEADY Does it, G25 Noob ahead!!

Your sig made me laugh. ;-)

Come to think of it, I think I will skin one of these onto the back bumper of all the cars I drive for a while.

lyd
It's was weird, I couldn't see it in the server list either, but I could see it on LFS World. Of course with it also being in my room I just connected over LAN, but I did get a couple of people join so they must have seen it somewhere.

It's up an running again now if you want to test it.
I'm really getting the hang of it now, I just beat my AS2 FOX PB by 0.10 seconds and can switch to the shifter and right foot braking no problems
Dabs have just changed to stock in 5-7 days... Hopefully it's 5 days and I'll get it by next monday
Dabs are getting their shipment delivered on Monday 13th (Scheduled), so expect them to be sent out then at the earliest!
Quote from Thorvertonian :Dabs are getting their shipment delivered on Monday 13th (Scheduled), so expect them to be sent out then at the earliest!

Oh well... just hope my Momo will hold out that long

Either that or anyone know anymore UK retailers selling them for around £150-160 that's in stock now?
Mine has said 3-5 since friday, so hopefully by friday I'll have my G25 and my "Make me a sandwich" "No, make it yourself" "sudo make me a sandwich" "ok" shirt by then too.
With the cheap price and the discount @ dabs, I'm willing to wait for it, even though my MOMO pedals are messed up!
yep true, my pedals are OK. I get occasional spiking in them, but it's not that noticable, but the wheel itself doesn't know when it wants the FFB to work or not! I have to disable it and re-enable it every time I want to play a game.
have in mind, its a "limited edition", whatever that means in this case
Quote from 510N3D :have in mind, its a "limited edition", whatever that means in this case

It means only a small number will be made, after which it'll not be made again.

I have mine, and I was shocked at how small the box is, much smaller then the MS SideWinder ForceFeedback box, yet it has more to it.

Not used it yet though, can't quite work out the profiler, and I hate the fact I can't mount the shifter near my legs, doesn't feel right on my desk, it's too high.
BTW, Limited Edition doesn't mean a small number, it means only a certain number will be made, (This could run into the billions, but they can't make more than they state at time of production)
"It means only a small number will be made, after which it'll not be made again."

Yes, though something like this as well, but also it could be a marketing trick to get more idiots to pay for this

Im one of em..
Quote from Thorvertonian :BTW, Limited Edition doesn't mean a small number, it means only a certain number will be made, (This could run into the billions, but they can't make more than they state at time of production)

Well yes, it can, but usually when they say limited, it means they wont go over millions. But meh, I have one so I'm happy.

The shifter is a pain in the ass at times, as I keep finding it hard to find the right gear, the gate seems too small for high speed shifting. I'm loving the whole deal though, agreed I'm much slower now as I have more to deal with, but who cares when you have this much fun.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well yes, it can, but usually when they say limited, it means they wont go over millions. But meh, I have one so I'm happy.

The shifter is a pain in the ass at times, as I keep finding it hard to find the right gear, the gate seems too small for high speed shifting. I'm loving the whole deal though, agreed I'm much slower now as I have more to deal with, but who cares when you have this much fun.

It's probably been mentioned before somewhere here (if it's true), but I heard from a mate who's ordered one that the limited edition applies only to the model with real leather, and that Logitech would be making a non-limited (or less-limited if you like ) version without real leather.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG