The online racing simulator
My first skin and first time playing with Photoshop.

Nothing special really. Feedback welcome, good or bad.

Hi to all.
This is my first skin for LFS, although I've done skins for other games.
Yes, I'm only S1 licensed right now, but soon I'll be joining the S2 legion
I just couldn't wait so I painted a car LOL

The colours are inspired by my own homeland (Sicily in Italy) official ones, as you can also notice from the logo on the nose.

I like the not-too-many-logos look of it.

Feedback is welcome!

P.s.: Hei Finnracer, I lived in Lahti from 1997 to 2003 because I studied there!
Ah, the memories of Finland... Moi!

Your cars is not bad at all, but it would need some crispier logos...
If in search of good logos go to www.brandsoftheworld.com , it's the best place to start looking!
Great eps files
Attached images
F08_sicily_2.jpg
Quote from Blerpa :P.s.: Hei Finnracer, I lived in Lahti from 1997 to 2003 because I studied there!
Ah, the memories of Finland... Moi!

Hehe, moi moi! I hope your memories are not all bad.

Quote :Your cars is not bad at all, but it would need some crispier logos...
If in search of good logos go to www.brandsoftheworld.com , it's the best place to start looking!
Great eps files

Thanks for the feedback (and link for logos). Now when I'm looking my skin, I'm actually quite ashamed that I posted it here with such an ugly looking logos and stuff. But for my defence I must say it was my first ever skinning and Photoshopping.

But now I've found Master Skinnerz pro kits and start using high res logos only. Also got a quick tutorial for PS from my skilled friend. So should be good in the future. Now if I only could get some artistic skills...

Oh and yes, I really like your car Blerpa. Very nice.
This is skin of the Milos Pavlovic's Formula Renault car, a Serbian driver..
Our local hero..

I also made a Formula Renault steering wheel..
hope you like it..
Attached images
Bolid.jpg
FOX_MilosPavlovic.jpg
Volan.jpg
Attached files
wheel_formula2.dds - 85.5 KB - 1007 views
First post and my first attempt making a skin ever, very simple but took me some time

Attached images
Dibujo1.jpg
Dibujo2.jpg
FO8_BUNNYK.jpg
GP2 Piquet and Dams
calling PR|Takumi! think you could bring this old baby up to date too?
Attached images
vr.jpg
Quote from Gavin UK :calling PR|Takumi! think you could bring this old baby up to date too?

That looks hard!!!!
lmao, i know what you mean there, kinda thinking of bringit it up to date, just want to leave it up to him to see what he does with it, logos and the likes, after that great job he did with the daytona skins
Here's my FO8 version of my skin dedicated to serbian Formula Renault driver Milos Pavlovic.. it's more detailed now..
Attached images
Front.jpg
Side.jpg
FO8_MILOSPAVLOVIC.jpg
3 renders 4 u
Attached images
fo85.jpg
fo81.jpg
fo82.jpg
Icewolves
Our new Teamskins FO8 & FOX:
Attached images
fo8_fox.jpg
FOX_fox_R.jpg
Has anyone made or know of an A1 GP carset for the FOX???????
mmm yeah. an A1 GP set for the F08 would be good. Lets be honest, the F08 is pretty much identical to the A1 GP cars, not the F0X
How about both as I hate the FO8
OK i have been a little busy, here are 3 different skins, a version of the coopers skin sambo rejected (still wanna hear what u want for ur version sambo), an alternative AAL skins and the Team Aus A1 GP skin (as accurate as i can make it with a complete lack of pics). enjoy and keep the requests coming.
www.gtvirus.com/skins/FOX_ausA1.jpg
www.gtvirus.com/previews/AusA1_fox.jpg
www.gtvirus.com/skins/FOX_AALeq.jpg
www.gtvirus.com/previews/AAL_FOX-eq.jpg
www.gtvirus.com/skins/FOX_coopersalt.jpg
www.gtvirus.com/previews/Coopers_fox.jpg
gtvirus

Cool skins. Please keep the A1 skins coming for the FOX. Please please please. If you need pictures then just say ok.

Thank you for the Ausie one so far.
Angry Ant
Soper, the Angry Ant skin is fantastic, and if its ok, i'd like to use it online

However, I was wondering, just exactly how do you get the brushed metal effect ??

Ive been trying to do it with GIMP, but it keeps telling me jpegs can't handle transparency ??

My computer knowledge begins, and ends, at turning the thing on, so please bare that in mind if you answer this.

Cheers
Quote from Mazz4200 :Soper, the Angry Ant skin is fantastic, and if its ok, i'd like to use it online

However, I was wondering, just exactly how do you get the brushed metal effect ??

Ive been trying to do it with GIMP, but it keeps telling me jpegs can't handle transparency ??

My computer knowledge begins, and ends, at turning the thing on, so please bare that in mind if you answer this.

Cheers

It seems to me he just used plain colours in that skin, so the effect of "brushed metal" (i failed to see totally, btw) might be caused by the rendering software.

Still, if you get this error, I assume you have a transparent layer on your skin. Usually they should merge when saved as jpeg. If not, try to manually merge it.
Its ok, ive been playing around with it for the last few hours and i think ive cracked it.

I just took a colour sample from the original skin and put it on my skin, at the time it didnt look anything like it, however, LFS seems to have worked its magic, and by complete accident it produces the right effect i'm after (not identical to Ants, but a nice sheen to it.

And as far as the brushed metal !, thats how it looks in LFS to me, maybe its my cheapo (£7.76 from Ebay) graphics card ??

Thanks for the reply anyway.
Quote from Mazz4200 :However, I was wondering, just exactly how do you get the brushed metal effect ??

No, JPG files cannot store transparency information (or layering information) so your image will be flattened when it is saved as a JPG. What you should do is work on your skin using layers and transparencies and save the skin in GIMP format (.xcf). This preserves all the layering and transparency information. Then, when you are ready to view your skin, use 'File...Save a copy' and save the image as a JPG. You'll still get the 'JPG can't handle transparency' error but it won't matter since you'll still have the original layered image saved as an XCF to work with.
Australian A1 Skin for FOX
Saw someone requesting an Australian A1 skin ... i put one together this afternoon, for the FOX .... (i don't like the FO8 ... i can't drive it )

It is not perfect .. a couple of little bits which need tidying ...

Cheers guys.

PanterA
Attached images
pantera_A1.jpg
FOX_A1_Aust_PanterA.jpg
Very nice, could do with brightening up a touch. Good skin though.
Thanks mate .. yeah .. can do with a little tweaking ... i wanted a nice reflective gold for the yellow ... but hard to make a nice gold colour. And yeah .. the green is a bit dull ...

Might have a look at it tomorrow .. too tired tonight.

I've also attached a couple of other skins that I have made, one for the the FOX and one for the FO8 ... sharing is caring
Attached images
FOX_PANTERA.jpg
FO8_PanterAJPS.jpg
pantera_personal.jpg
pantera_jps.jpg
Hi,

I decided to create some public Formula XR skins based on our team skins. I used special - very expensive - ultralight paint to gain some advantages weightwise.
The skins have empty spaces on sidepods, wings, and etcetera to make it able to personalize 'em. I would appreciate it though, if our team's url "1stracing.nl" stays on the backside of the rear wing...

Hope you like 'em!!

TraXXion
Attached images
1st_publicskins.jpg
FOX_1ST_blue.jpg
FOX_1ST_green.jpg
FOX_1ST_orange.jpg
FOX_1ST_yellow.jpg

FORMULA Skins (XR & V8)
(1438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG