The online racing simulator
Smokers?
(143 posts, started )

Poll : Are you a smoker?

No
Yes
Sometimes (Casually)
Yeah I tryed them mushies ONCE...strange stuff that..I came home that night about 3 or something, and untill about 7am i crawled around the bedroom floor picking 'tiny little bits of dirt from the floor and placing them in the bin.illepall
never again!
weirdo illepall illepall neat freak
I dont smoke, dont wanna, isnt gonna, never touches if someone offers me.

It's expensive, stupid,unhealthy and so uncool

Sorry to the smokers. but i hate cigarettes
all smokers dont smoke for a week and you could urself a nice wheel
Or for 5 years and buy a car, w00t
yeah a good one at that
*Highfive* lol
Unfortunately I'm a smoker Don't smoke that much - 10 a day or less but its more than I'd like. I have cut it in half since this time last year. Seem to have trouble finding the motivation to kick the habbit though. And other drugs like weed..i have a bit once in a while tbh but don't want to try anything else, i'd rather keep my sanity intact thank you

Smoking doesn't have to be expensive..I get through 50g rolling tabacco every 2 weeks or so, so its only costing me around a tenner a month.
I no longer smoke cigarettes, enjoy a drink or 5 now and again. Tried smoking a cigar when I was agout 14 but my step-dad caught me and rammed the rest of said cigar down my throat (YUMMY:tilt. Tried most drugs you can think of except heroin and crack cocaine and I'm still here to tell the tale...
Quote from Rtsbasic :Unfortunately I'm a smoker Don't smoke that much - 10 a day or less but its more than I'd like. I have cut it in half since this time last year. Seem to have trouble finding the motivation to kick the habbit though. And other drugs like weed..i have a bit once in a while tbh but don't want to try anything else, i'd rather keep my sanity intact thank you

Smoking doesn't have to be expensive..I get through 50g rolling tabacco every 2 weeks or so, so its only costing me around a tenner a month.

so are ya in or what?
I don't smoke, never have. But I do chew smokeless tobacco, snuff, dip, whatever you call it where you are. I think I've posted in this thread a long time ago already. But about the "kicking the habit" since chewing snuff you go through the same thing, I wanted to post a website for the others who do the smokeless thing.

http://www.quitsmokeless.org/

Pretty good read there. Lots of stories, not horror stories of cancer and stuff, but stories from the folks who are or have quit. I spent some time a few months back reading everything, and actually got in my mind to quit. Of course, then I quit reading it, thus haven't quit. I have to start reading the stories again, it really puts your mind into the wanting to quit state. In every person's story, they lay out my life exactly. What do you do when you dip/chew. Wash the car, play on the computer, watch a movie, work, garden, blah blah blah. "When I got married, I promised my bride I would quit. When we had our first born, I promised to quit for her. When the 2nd was born, I promised to quit. She starts kindergarten, I'll quit, they are graduating, as a gift I'll quit." Yadda yadda. It all rings so true. I've done all of those "I'll quit" things. And it rings true for everyone else at that site.

Hope that helps someone out there in our little sim community who does the smokeless thing.

What get me is, there have been many folks at work who have quit either smoking or chewing. They quit for a long time, year, 2 years.... Then I see them start back up again. Simply amazing how much of a hold this tobacco stuff has on the population of the world.

Good luck to everyone. Hope to see ya all kick the habit. If you are young and reading this and it's not too late, don't ever ever start either of these filthy disgusting habits. It's hard to believe we do this, even for ourselves to think about it, but yet as I type this, I have a pepsi can sitting within reach. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Goop :I quit yesterday... 36 hours without a smoke, oh well... they say the first three years are the hardest, eh?

I really do want to quit. My health is gradually turning to shit, and I've promised myself some new techie bits after three months. Will keep ewes posted

I lasted 3 months. In my defence, I think I've had more than my fair share of shit lately... but perhaps I was just looking for reasons to start again.

I'm planning on quitting again next week, good luck to those who are having a go :up:
I tried a three times to quit between the ages of 16 and 24 before it actually worked. Usually some stressful shit got me back on the cigs (another thing to blame on the ex, lol ), or I just got lazy.

Finally worked though. I was in the right frame of mind (which is crucial, if you don't actually want 100% to quit you just can't do it), I'd made the decision that it was pointless to continue and now it's been 5 years without a ciggy. I do enjoy a Cuban cigar with a drink maybe every couple of months and I do enjoy other forms of smoke (one in particular, every few weeks or so with a can of Pringles, a couple of bottles of Corona and my giant Brazilian hammock), but there's no way I'd get back on cigarettes. Half my band smokes and we hang out and drink a lot together, but smoking again is the last thing on my mind and I don't feel tempted.

All the best to you quitters! It's the best possible thing you could do :up:
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :all smokers dont smoke for a week and you could urself a nice wheel

If I quit for a week, the $$$ I'd save would not even almost compare to the amount property damages and defense attorney fees would cost me after the nicotine fit I'd throw.
Finished my last cigarette last night, and am not going to buy any more. I quit.

If I appear grumpy on the forum then I apologise in advance. If I'm not active on the forum it's one of three reasons:

1. I'm beating myself up to releive the cravings
2. I'm eating to releive the cravings
3. I've decided to go outside and relieve the cravings.

Cravings really start to bug you when you give up, and you subconciously start to think about them all the time. But not me, I've got CRAVINGS under control. Cravings.

In all seriousness, I have given up, and we'll see how long I manage - sometimes it's a matter of hours (if it's a really bad day), others it's months before I somehow get back to them. And I don't want to give the impression that I'm always giving up - on average it's an attempt once a year.
Nah, I'm smoking them now. And snorting the crumbs.
Never have smoked, and wont either w00p!!!!
I like to think, i will save money and live longer with my darling girl friend YAY!!!!!1111oneonehundred

Smokers?
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG