The online racing simulator
Smokers?
(143 posts, started )

Poll : Are you a smoker?

No
Yes
Sometimes (Casually)
Smokers?
How many of you here smoke? and what brand?

I smoke anything, i like to experiment.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
how long, what kind, eat chocolate?
Don't smoke, but do use snuff (smokeless tobacco, dip, chew, just incase you know it by different name). I'm curious if snuff is as common in other countries as it is in the US.

Same as Kev, I want to quit, but I'm too weak.
I smoke (B&H), but I find quitting too hard. At the moment the health risks aren't THAT much of a concern, but the money side is (damn taxes on tobacco). But I plan to quit when I turn 25 in may, as a quarter century is a good round number to stop on.

And it was a convo Rev and I were having on MSN that sparked (pun) this thread

Never had much contact with Snuff. I think it's on Airplane where the woman turns down something just as bad then uses her own snuff, but the details are vague in my mind. Time to watch Airplane again
actually tristan it was you (who got me on the topic) AND gooden <== he told me to start it

same with tristan for me. health risks aren't a concern for me, but cash is.
Smoked and stopped. Didn't like puffing money in to the air
the two times i tried puffs of cigarettes i was chewing gum at the time. the "flavor" stayed in the gum and that was enough for me to never try that crap again.

while in venezuela i picked up a box of 30 cigars. after smoking 1 per day for about 4 days i was having nicotene rushes every 30 to 60 seconds for about 2 days. that's not cool when you're climbing a ladder in an industrial plant.
again, that was the end of that.

speedfreak227
-
Never smoked, never will. Not cigarettes, not cigars, not anything.

I used to get a bit of second hand from my father when I was younger, though.
Health risks not that much of a concern? You won't give a fig about not having enough cash for a new gfx card/spangley trousers/train-set/whatever if you get cancer. And don't think I'm being over reactive. Many smokers just keep smoking year after year because they're either too weak or unwilling to give up. The health risks then are not insignificant. Sorry to get morbid, but . . .
  • Half of all regular smokers will eventually die from their addiction, most before their natural time.
  • On average, smokers lose about 15 years off their lives.
  • The global death rate from tobacco use will rise to about 10 million per year within 30 to 40 years.
  • About 500 million people alive today will eventually die from tobacco use if current smoking patterns hold
The best way to quit is to get the FEAR. A good does of hypochondria as opposed to denial (my grandad smoked 60 a day and lived till he was 90 yadder yadder) is a great motivation to give up. I hope everyone who smokes who wants to give up, does so. Best of luck

PS. You should add a 'used to' option in the poll. Guess which one I am
no? <==

i guess i fall in the unwilling category. to be honest, i actually like smoking, and i don't want to quit. i'm willing to cut down, but i just like the feeling.

don't quote me, but like the song 'cigarettes' by Fort Minor... (which is about rap and cigarettes, and the raps are quite true)

it's (rap) just like a cigarette, it's something that i do
over and over, but between me and you
it's just like a cigarette, noone's really fooled
i don't want the truth, i want to feel ****in' cool
#11 - Goop
I smoke - nothing like a good race followed by a puff Planning to quit this year tho.
quited 9 months ago
-
Quote from tristancliffe and RevMonkey :At the moment the health risks aren't THAT much of a concern, but the money side is....

A lady at church quit smoking 5 years ago. Last year she developed lung cancer from her smoking even though she hadn't for 5 years. She was treated for 3 or 4 months, all was well. Then it was a severe drop and was gone in 2 weeks...

Even if you quit, you never know. Quit while you're still young and able too. There isn't a day I don't think about quiting chewing after 18 years or so. But I don't. It is VERY hard and gets harder the longer you wait.

I have always heard that the actual nicotine addiction withdrawal only lasts for a few days. After that, it is all psychological and just in your head. You want that cig sitting in your fingers or in the lips, but the actual physical addiction is no longer.

Hey, we can all be "quit tobacco buddies" here. Admit to cheating and get royally flamed here on the forum (no pun intended on "flamed").
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah, I race on the [noobs] servers a lot against th84, so in my races I'm usually followed by a poof.

Yea, but, isn't that more like the cigarette you have after sex? You just get done spankin th84's arse, then have a nice puff afterwards... Not like having one because of a heated battle and needing to calm the nerves. Hehehehehe
Okay, which Brit is going to explain the puff thing? Or shall we just let the childish hilarity continue? (My vote)
Nope, never have, never will, can't see the fascination of smelling like an ashtray, the health risk and the main thing all that money going up in smoke, it all seems very odd to me.
I also don't drink, or do any other "drug", never seen the point either, mabye I am odd .

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Nope, never have, never will, can't see the fascination of smelling like an ashtray, the health risk and the main thing all that money going up in smoke, it all seems very odd to me.
I also don't drink, or do any other "drug", never seen the point either, mabye I am odd .

Dan,

I don't drink either. Tough life being a non-drinking finn, as 99% of friends go and get drunk whenever the chance, I see no point in doing so.

I prefer use my money on gas and go for a nice drive around winding roads.
my only vice is nicotine :\.

I want to quit eventually, for the moment i cant work or race without lighting one up :P, it doesnt help that my gf smokes too :\
Had a brief episode of smoking (< 1 year), now can't stand the stench in pubs.
I seem to be the other one to smoke casually. And that probably means that I only smoke when I drink, in finnish "ottaa tärpättiä". I could easily quit doing it. As a matter of fact I have an almost full pack in my drawer from my last "joyrney" (in finnish "kaatokeikka") and haven't even touched it since.

Even never tried smoking. But had a girlfiend smoking light sigarettes like a choo-choo locomotive.
quitted july 2005 .

i was smoking drum-tabacco (the yellow one)
#23 - Vain
My mother smoked, by father smoked, my sister smoked, my brother smoked, I never.
I propably passively smoked more than many active smokers. I tried cigarettes, but it didn't fit me. Very expensive, little use, doesn't taste good, doesn't smell good. These arguments slightly change when talking about cigarillos, at least when you buy the good ones.

Vain
No smoking, ever.

My father let me have a puff while he still smoked (I was 8 at that time) and boy, that was enough reason never to try that stuff again. I think my lungs will thank me for that when I'm old
I particularly like indica!

Smokers?
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG