The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
Quote from sgt.flippy :I was thinking the same thing, when you see people driving in convertibles I often think: isn't his head higher than the roof? How can he ever close it. But I always forget those roofs come higher than you think, and it actually would fit. So I also think it kinda looks right. He's ugly though.

Here's an example...I do fit under my roof without a helmet, but don't with a helmet, as you can probably tell from this pic!
Attached images
DSC_5199.JPG
You're slower because your head catches wind.
Yeah, if only I was a few inches shorter...
gran turismo hd is a different game from gt5. those are probably WIP screenshots. gt hd is basicly a high resolution version of gt4 with new features and modes.
up theres the alpha layers lol

i wonder how GT5 HD works, im guessing it will have to be 2 discs then if its going to be the way it is.. cause the models are going to be larger, textures are higher and whatever else i can imagine overall it will have to be on 2 discs
Quote from XCNuse :up theres the alpha layers lol

i wonder how GT5 HD works, im guessing it will have to be 2 discs then if its going to be the way it is.. cause the models are going to be larger, textures are higher and whatever else i can imagine overall it will have to be on 2 discs

DVD disc maybe? GT2 was on 2 discs, one for sim mode and one for arcade mode, though.
Quote from XCNuse :up theres the alpha layers lol

Can a blu-ray disc not hold up to 50gbs or something crazy like that?

Keiran
Quote from keiran :Can a blu-ray disc not hold up to 50gbs or something crazy like that?

Keiran

50GB on a dual layer one. I don't think storage will be an issue, but it will be the usual style and production quality over substance and properly realistic handling.

On the subject of Tourist Trophy: I bought it dead cheap quite a while back, just because I liked the idea of the game. It's not bad. The rider animation and movements are the best you'll see by miles. You can even adjust your riding style to virtually anything (not a preset list, you adjust where abouts you sit, how much you slide across, how upright you are, where your head points). In non-agressive riding it's great, but as you get better at playing it you start to wonder if there's an option you missed. Where is the hardcore handling mode? You can't high-side even the most powerful bikes, and it's nearly as difficult to lose the front by braking too hard in a corner. So frustrating. They must have realised they were forcing this nanny-system on everybody, but why couldn't they still have left an option to turn it off? The onbike view is really great, and the bikes feel appropriately light or heavy, which makes it all the more annoying when you realise that it's simply a game of hit the braking points and follow the right line.

Didn't play it for long, but it's still probably one of the best bike games out there.
Would be possible to Sony, or who ever does the GT series, make a table physics? So when a car understeer it would choose between X types of understeer. Same goes for everything elso.

If they do this, would the game feel better, or would it feel worst? And is this even possible for console games?
dunno is PS3 going to have blu ray? haven't read anything about it so i dont know

as for the 2 layer i thought GT4 filled its CD almost completely? or am i wrong?
Quote from XCNuse :dunno is PS3 going to have blu ray? haven't read anything about it so i dont know

as for the 2 layer i thought GT4 filled its CD almost completely? or am i wrong?

Yep, PS3's Blu-Ray is part of the reason for the delays, apparently. GT4 was on a DVD btw
i know GT4 was on a dvd, im just wondering how much it filled it up since it had to be 2 layered

huh.. well i guess since PS3 is blu ray that also may explain the prices (game and console) too lol
I'm sure I'll eventually have a PS3 and GT HD. As far as console "simulated racing", while GT has plenty of flaws, I still consider it top dog. Of course I said console, not PC driving simulation.. I didn't know about the PS3 being Blueray though, and am unsure what to think about that this early in that ballgame.
Technology is starting to go to hell (looks at this and MS Vista).
This is sick!
But this is for HD, so the actuall GT5 graphics would be better than this! How is that possible..?
http://www.pelit.fi/index.php? ... s=58&cHash=17460f88ba

More pics, though the 3 first pics only shows motion blur crap. Car models look nice in close up pics but the environment is just lacking detail... look the last pic.

Would be still interesting to know will this include incar view. I'd bet my money to "no", same thing to damage that they promised... but how many times they've promised to include damage in the history of GT series.
there were incar screenshots that looked detailed... did you look at the link? why would they put so much detail into the interiors and not include an incar view?

because the ps3 is about as powerfull as a highend pc with a 7900? i am a bit ignorant of the exact performance and specs of the ps3. its got some technology in it that hasnt been implemented into pc's yet.
Attached images
p45a.jpg
gt5? no thank you.
Quote from Gabkicks :there were incar screenshots that looked detailed... did you look at the link? why would they put so much detail into the interiors and not include an incar view?

because the ps3 is about as powerfull as a highend pc with a 7900? i am a bit ignorant of the exact performance and specs of the ps3. its got some technology in it that hasnt been implemented into pc's yet.

I've seen that pic but it doesn't prove anything yet. It could be just a screenshot taken inside from the car, just like you can put the camera inside the in LFS with Shift+U mode. And in that pic the view is not centered so it's surely not from a real incar view. And the rear mirror is not working
I'm one of those GT fanboys and the biggest disappointment of the gt series is how it evolved. Online never really happened and I use to go to mates places for regular battles, ilink was great but you couldn't use your garage so you could tweak your ride to beat your mate with a better setup. A lot of other crap came in like photo mode, good for 2 secs and then forget it, time could have been spent elsewhere. I could go on forever but then I stumbled on LFS and I have played just about every race sim out on the PC (demos) and nothing comes close to LFS for feel so I'm now a converted PC racer. Which means if GT5 is the best console race sim out there I've save myself heaps because I won't buy a PS3 or GT5 until it's half the price it is when it comes out.

Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG