The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
Basicly the only reason why I hate GT4, Forza and other fake sims is that they use "simulation" word so wrongly that the whole word is so inflated.
Unfotunatly i heard their selling GTHD with a few tracks and cars, the rest you gotta buy online through the PS3's online thing (like XBLive) Unlike where in PGR3 where you get a full game and can accuire cars later as they are released, GTHD will basicly be sold blank, and the rest you buy as you need / want for tracks, cars and other bits and bobs. But, whether or not they have changed this i dont know as i aint checked.
I'm guessing that means well get about 10 companies(Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, BMW, maybe mercedes, and Scion). The rest will have to be bought.

Just wait, to put an Enzo in the game will be 50 bucks

<end exageration>.

Anything more than an S1 license i am not going to buy, but everything will be to costly.
i've bought every gran turismo game. and i'll probably buy gt5. gt4 was very dissapointing because i was well into lfs. hopefully gt5 will be much more realistic.
lol, the driver looks like an alien.
Quote from Gabkicks :hopefully gt5 will be much more realistic.

dont count on it only thing thats slowing the physics of the GT serie is polyphony
they should make a breakaway series from polyphony, after all, the "phony" just means the make Phony sims.
Quote from deggis :Basicly the only reason why I hate GT4, Forza and other fake sims is that they use "simulation" word so wrongly that the whole word is so inflated.

I definitely see where you're coming from on this. However, I think there are many things that make a simulation. I think GT simulates real world racing environments well, with good representations of some great racing circuits. It simulates cars well with respect to how they look. And the cars are well simulated in that their acceleration and gearing etc are pretty realistic (with a few exceptions...), and lateral g's are okay with one of the sets of road tyres. Infact, for the most part, I think the handling is reasonably good, ie cars mostly understeer and oversteer when you expect, front, mid, rear engined cars handle roughly as expected (with a few exceptions again :P ). However, the handling and whole feel of the cars obviously leaves a little to be desired. It feels like you're telling the car which way to go and at which speed, but not really doing all the work needed to keep it doing it's thing. And because of this one thing, some people make a blanket statement saying it's crap.

For me, when I want my super realistic driving and racing thrills, I come to LFS. But when I want to zoom around a realistic looking Nurburging in a quick car, I can forgive GT it's shortcomings and still have fun.
WHAT MOTORCYCLES! OMG!!!!

i know polyphony took GT4 and put motorcycles in it and called it something else (cant remember this second) but.. thats going to be awesome!

(rofl! i love how the scooter is in there)
Quote from XCNuse :WHAT MOTORCYCLES! OMG!!!!

i know polyphony took GT4 and put motorcycles in it and called it something else (cant remember this second) but.. thats going to be awesome!

(rofl! i love how the scooter is in there)

I went to a store today, and I saw someone playing a game, and I thought, what the hell? Isn't that GT4?? With a bike??

And yes, it was another game. Can't recall what the name was either, but I was like, pffff, I wouldn't buy that.
Tourist Trophy
thats it

@flippy; ya my dad asked me if i ever heard about it, and i was like.. ummm no? so i looked it up, found out it was by polyphony, so i expected something good.. look at the screenshots i was like.. oh this is gay.. if you own GT4 you wouldn't even want to touch this game cause its exactly the same looking just with motorcycles instead lol
no game will be good after you play lfs !!!nothing compares nd i do like gts but the drinving in them doing fell great gt not realistic enough
the game with the closest feel to lfs right now is driver's republic...
kk,cool
..to bad you can't get it
#45 - J.B.
Whoa! 1920x1080p@60fps. Now that's what I call HD. Are there any screens around that can do that? Shame there is no mention of any physics changes as the racecar physics were quite poor in GT4, road cars were fun. And the idea of racing against AI can't really get me exited either although they did mention something about online beta testing going on for future GT games.
It's a fact, after LFS, nothing is fun anymore. After a whole long time playing LFS, I went back to play GT and DTM again, I was amazed and shocked finding out how crap it all was, although I really loved it before.
Quote from J.B. :Whoa! 1920x1080p@60fps. Now that's what I call HD. Are there any screens around that can do that? Shame there is no mention of any physics changes as the racecar physics were quite poor in GT4, road cars were fun. And the idea of racing against AI can't really get me exited either although they did mention something about online beta testing going on for future GT games.

Sony Hype™ says it will have damage. Though I'm sure they said the same about GT2, GT3 and GT4, so make your own conclusions...
Quote from farcar :Is it just me, or is the driver model a little out of proportion?

Well, the MX5 is quite a small car, and he is wearing a radar installation on his head, so I think it looks about right.
Quote from jtr99 :Well, the MX5 is quite a small car, and he is wearing a radar installation on his head, so I think it looks about right.

I was thinking the same thing, when you see people driving in convertibles I often think: isn't his head higher than the roof? How can he ever close it. But I always forget those roofs come higher than you think, and it actually would fit. So I also think it kinda looks right. He's ugly though.

Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG