The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
Previews of GT5 are out, what do you think about the new game?

I will probably get it due to the fact that the grid is show to be more than 6 cars (looks like it could go to 20-30). Also i here of Ferrari being placed into the game. Other than that though it's a few new tracks just added to GT4.
#2 - Bean0
Any chance of a link for us lazy people ?
You're talking about GT HD, not GT5?

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2656

Just watched some vids. Looks crap in simulation-wise which wasn't really a huge surprise... but of course the blind Playstation fanboys will think it's teh real driving sim because it says so on the DVD cover.
I'll be buying it. It may not be a hardcore sim, but I enjoy the series thoroughly.
god those cars have to have a ton of polys externally

.. PS3 is gonna be rediculous, those HD screenshots look fantastic; about time polyphony gets away from those alpha layers they've used this whole time to model their cars
Yeah, cars models looks nice but look the environment. Completely lacks detail.
PS3, plaaaaah, boring, expensive and far away. Im getting the Wii
Rappa, that cockpit won't be in the game, that's just an opening sequence.
I don't like it because it isn't for PC.
I like the cars.
Not interested in game because I would love the game but it still isn't for pc.
Quote from XCNuse :.. PS3 is gonna be rediculous, those HD screenshots look fantastic; about time polyphony gets away from those alpha layers they've used this whole time to model their cars

They used alphas? I always assumed it was just directly painted onto the car's texture :P
well.. the way i see it they used alpha layers lol to get the holes usually

now it looks like they are even using chamfers and everything, that 599 looks incredible
Bah, the trees on them screenshots look absolutely pathetic...even LFS's current engine could do better than that
To be honest, I am not really impressed with GT HD. It just has all the featuers which GT4 was lacking, but thats about it.
you mean GT5 HD

lol if i owned or had some money on a PS3, then i would get it, but otherwise.. i mean.. polyphony ruined the intentions of the GT serie; the maker, he wants it to be realistic, but the company apparently says no and it wouldn't sell... (which i mean.. makes sense, it probably wouldn't sell as well as it does) but i mean.. all they have thats going for them is content and graphics

which thats what people want really.. owell
I enjoy GT4 quite a bit - a nice break from the seriousness of a full on sim like LFS from time to time. If I buy a PS3, GT:HD and the next GTA will probably be the only games I'll buy at their release dates for it.
I owned every GT except GT3, don't really know why, I actually liked it more than 4 I'm stuck with now

If I'd ever own a PS3, I would buy it. I love they added cockpits (I hope to more cars than the Ferrari!).
Quote from Rtsbasic :I enjoy GT4 quite a bit - a nice break from the seriousness of a full on sim like LFS from time to time. If I buy a PS3, GT:HD and the next GTA will probably be the only games I'll buy at their release dates for it.

Same here, except I'd probably buy Killzone PS3. I LOVE the first one. It has a very eiry and aminous feel to it, although realistic. And I love its compilation of famous wars. Trench warfare, jungle warfare, defending a beach, tight cities, and ruined malls and so fourth. Although it was a little limited in gameplay, it was still great fun.
I have all the GT's apart from the concept ones. I will wait to get a PS3 until GT5 comes out, they're a ****ing ripoff in the UK compared to in the US. How come Europe is a bigger market than the US but we get our stuff later? As for translations, they could sort that out easily during development.
its gonna be 600$ here in the US

and i believe games are going up from 50 to 60$ now too
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
If this is how the GT5 and PS3 will look like, then I found it definitely unworth to buy. Too expensive, look at the graphics, it has no dynamic lighting effect at all(maybe it isnt completed yet, but I doubt about it) and the GT5 car motion is just a crap and it look more like NFS than something that is meant to be a bit real....

Die PS, die.....
the hell?.. someone has a bad attitude

it can't be done anyways, PS3 doesn't come out for a while to come
Quote from XCNuse :the hell?.. someone has a bad attitude

Maybe my attitude is bad(or mad?), but there are reasons for it. PS2 and 3 as so as Xbox had taken(or will take) some great games from poor PC-guys. GT4 and so on, these good-looking games have been made just for consoles. But OK, there are also PC-Only games.
But there is something worse and it drives me mad. I can always demolish my room when I read in some game review "This game was originally made for consoles, so you cant expect such features like (blah blah blah)" For example Midnight Club 2 was shortened of Dolby Digital Surround(PSX and Xbox version had that), all Colin McRae series are such crappy because they are all just PSX conversions(why the world I have to look at 4-poly 1-texture track surrounding? Just because PSX cant cope with more? - no, thanx)

PSX might be worthy if you dont want to fool around with Windoze, drivers, frequencies and RAM-timings. If you like that "Plug-n-game" style, maybe then you should get interested about consoles....

(I am sorry if there is some PSX/Xbox addictive guy around )

Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG