The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
GT5, or HD or whatever its called, its basically a version of GT4 with mega resolution graphics and a crippled car/track purchase system? Think I'll keep my PS2 around for a while yet. PS3 + GT will cost more than what I spent on my current PC - which is definately no slouch, absolutely nuts.

Heck for that price you could build a basic box capable of running LFS, and include a G25.

What do you want to bet us in the UK will get screwed over on pricing of cars/tracks as well. A track that costs $2 will no doubt cost £2.
still thinking about getting an xbox 360... ps3 is ridiculous pricess!
Quote from Gabkicks :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsvUC7dW8EQ at around the 2:30 mark. kaz mentions that interiors for cars will be modeled. and you can see video of them working on modeling interiors.

He says it in french...'' I'm giving you a scoop, you will be able from now on to drive from interior view''
Well it's been awhile since I poked around at the latest GT stuff. Some good links and comments, and the game looks like it should still hold the #1 console racing sim as far as I'm concerned. (given I have no idea what was being said in the modelling video, and I'm still pulling down the other video at a mad 5.82kb/s ) I'm sure in time I'll have a PS3 and GT5, and/or maybe some of GT HD. It's a loong ways off yet here though. Till then I've got a bit of a new rig to play LFS on, and the price of the G25 is starting to come down.
I've tried it in a friend's house and looks good, very good, specially tracks (track, as the demo only includes one) as usual.

I tried it with a game pad so can't talk very much about physics, remembers me of GT4.

It comes with some kind of internet hotlap charts and high score drifting charts. It's a shame it costs $600, we could have the drifters busy there for a while XD
Something is trying to bullshit someone, that's interior hack from GT4
How does that hack work?
Yes, that video is absolutely fake. On some cars it is possible to use a cam hack, dont ask me how tho.

There is a incar picture in a french magazine aswell.

Also in that magazine are mentioned that we will get all FERRARI + F1 (so all F1 Ferrari's?) and the interview read Indianapolis somewhere.
fake or not, they still have that horrific sound under brakes/sliding

its like racing with someone in the same room scratching the blackboard every time u turn the wheel.
thats just gtHD. gt5 is supposed to be a overhaul of physics and i assume sound as well. we'll see how much is just bulllsh*t soon hopefully.
Mega Bump! Well better than creating a new thread.

Anyway, I heard there is some new news on GT5 (Yes, the FULL one!) from some body people believe on those GT forums. Here is what I mean:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115870

Sadly, This guy talks in ways you'd expect to hear in a TV show based on marshall arts. But the forum'ers are translating the info, and here are the most believable ones (I think...):

Wind number:
1) GT5 will be released at the end of the year, or at late Q1/Early Q2 2010

2) Most important part: There are gonna be at least 600 cars, and 80+ tracks.

3) There will be track editors

4) Something about online....

5) There are gonna be 2 versions. Normal version will include everything, the other will be cheaper with less features, but It'll let the owner choose what he/she wants to buy

6) This will be released on other consoles too (PC, PSP (PSP2 possibly), mobile, as well as PS3.)

Finally, more info will be released at a games convention (Like E3.)
Mobile? wtf...

Just that bit makes me think it's a load of bull.

And a cheaper version? That'll probably be the 60 euro version, wonder how much it'll be for the full one.
Looking forward to this. Been playing GT2 again on the PSP, nearly finished it

What I'd really like to see is all platforms being the one online community (as someone said in the linked thread). Or at least, the console versions. Otherwise, especially if it's going to have as big a community as it promises to, it's going to get very annoying not being able to race someone or join clubs or whatever because they have a different console. That's what I'd like anyway

I presume the el cheapo option would be downloading a starter pack, and then additional content? A bit like LFS really

I think the mobile version will be the usual crap churned out for Java platforms. I've yet to see a very good mobile game that wasn't just milking the cash cow. I might be wrong, but I'd say it'll be best to steer clear of it
Am i reading right "PC"???

Wow, that would be truly awesome, having such a HUGE racing game with so much cars and tracks on computer. Need more info!
Quote from Rappa Z :Previews of GT5 are out, what do you think about the new game?

I will probably get it due to the fact that the grid is show to be more than 6 cars (looks like it could go to 20-30). Also i here of Ferrari being placed into the game. Other than that though it's a few new tracks just added to GT4.

Deffo getting it, if its half as fun ( not really good, just some crack ) then ill get it.
#95 - senn
PC version......ok sorry to be a pessimist but i severly doubt that....i would get it if it was true tho, in a heartbeat.

Will wait and see
Wow 600 cars how awesome!!

Just means you get 550 shit cars like the nissan cube and 50 decent cars.

And a PC release? I highly doubt it. Sony publishes the GT games so PS3 exclusive means more idiots will buy their heater...i mean console.
or like in GT4 you get 6 versions of the same car (r34 for example).
Am I the only one that can see the money trap around the corner with this thing? Two versions: that'll give them more money. Online play: odds are it'll give them more money. Selling the game on a mobile console? Uh? That'll give them more money (if anybody is stupid enough to buy that). Unless it's on thte PSP2? But I don't know what the state of the thing is. I'm not optimistic about GT5 on the PSP, though...

There was already 600+ cars in GT4, so I guess what they're really counting on is the number of tracks, which I think was far below 80 (I hope they're not counted reverse as different tracks).

Should the thing come to PC, which I highly doubt, get ready to buy a 1TB HDD just for that
Quote from sil3ntwar :Wow 600 cars how awesome!!

And a PC release? I highly doubt it. Sony publishes the GT games so PS3 exclusive means more idiots will buy their heater...i mean console.

You'll have stuff like M3, M3 CSL, M3 CS... Skyline R34.. R34 GTR ... GTR Nurburgring.. etc etc.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :

I think the mobile version will be the usual crap churned out for Java platforms. I've yet to see a very good mobile game that wasn't just milking the cash cow. I might be wrong, but I'd say it'll be best to steer clear of it

Tetris. Best mobile game ive EVER ploayed.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Wow 600 cars how awesome!!

or like 100 different version of the Nissan GTR.

Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG