The online racing simulator
LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
#51 - axus
Thanks for the update - interesting read as ever.

I'm glad to see that things are looking up for you guys.
That's exactly the kind of updates I like to read - not only stuff about "we've included this for the next patch" but also, how you manage to live while making the game I like to be surprised when the patches come out and I read the feature list.
#53 - p1u
woot. *audible* I hope I can start playing again LFS =P

I dont even remember when I played lfs.. maybe it was june or july or something.. (I've been speccing sometimes thought :P)
Thanks for the update, but it's not really neccessary and there will always be people wondering why there aren't updates every other day as long as there are new people coming to LiveForSpeed. Your post won't really stop that
#55 - Mc21
Thanks alot for the update.
Oh my. I live near-ish Mosport and have been to the track 5 times for the ALMS races. Sorry to go 'off-track' in this thread, but I don't spend all day reading here. Can anyone link me to some (confirmed?) info on this? Is this track just a rumor that started and snowballed? To have Mosport done by someone with an obvious eye to quality over quantity really REALLY excites me.
Quote from Scawen :WSo what does that mean for you? We need to get some good releases out there to keep paying for the rest of it.

That's the Spirit!! I've been playing LFS since just after S1 came out, and let me tell you, although I've impressed a LOT of friends with LFS, it is just missing a certain bit of something that make them want to buy it. I think mostly because the physics is real, but there are also other parts of the game where they laugh and say "that's not real!".

I'm glad you guys are doing well and are making some money off S2, I really hope you guys can continue working on LFS and make enough money to buy a mansion and retire soon!
@Scawen
Thank You for the post, it is good to know that things are going good =)
Congratuations Eric to Your new house ! If you need help getting the house repaired or something , just post here, iam sure U'll find some helpful people here
@Hyperactive
U meant 1.pit girls and then balancing the classes right ?
Glad to hear that you are both settling into your new/recently renovated houses and that things are approaching normality once again.

Its good to have 'distractions' now and again to give your mind something else to think about, and so that when you come back to work full-time you are more refreshed and focussed.

Its always interesting to have a little peek through the keyhole
thanks scawen for the progress update,

keep up the great work LFS devs
Thanks for your post...

Is good to know how things are going...

Enjoy your baby son...
Quote from alco64 :awesome news.
It's not very often we get to hear off-game progress reports.
It's a nice insite into your personal lives and how hectic, exciting and productive your lives can be while still being able to make a top-notch kick arse game

Good luck for the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i'm never impatient when it comes to updates. Strangely enough i see every test patch as a gift and i don't take it for granted as many people do.
Looking forward to the future of LFS and the steps it'll take.
Thank you

:yipee: what he said =)

Thanks for the update Scawen =) In my whole gaming experience I have never seen a game go to this personal of level as the LFS Dev team has gone! Its new territory in gaming and it brings a personal touch to something that is basically at the end of it is a bunch of 1's and 0's. It makes me feel that I am part of the developmet in some way, making the game mean much more than just a game, then add on the great people that play LFS both casually and hard-core, you just cannot beat it even if the other games come with every Real Life track and car imaginable! To me people make the difference.

It doesn't matter what a game has and doesn't have so much as the people who make it. Without people what would there be? To me an update like this means much more than an update that just says how the game is progressing... it brings the game much closer to home.
I'll be back in another three months then i guess, hopefully something new will have happened by then.
Quote from Scawen :So what does that mean for you? We need to get some good releases out there to keep paying for the rest of it.

Sorry for requoting, but this is such a nice excerpt. Thats the nice scawen humor i want to see. Looks like everything is still alright. Very nice read!

thanks, scawen
Quote from Scawen :Well just to be clear : houses in London cost a LOT........

Thats the one reason why i'm never going to buy a house around here. Unless I come into a nice sum of money.
No problem guys - it will be done when it's done and in the meantime I and many many more will be glad to wait.

Let's face it - as the sim stands now I feel great about recommending it to others out there who are not as fortunate as I and have not stumbled across it as yet.
Anyone I have mentioned the sim to has been more than happy with it - not one single complaint.

Like many out there I can say that is is nice to be in contact with the developers. Where else would you get that kind of contact

Kids are more than important - they are everything, so don't miss out on that for one bit. All us LFS racers are watching our kid (LFS the sim), grow up as well, and she is turning out to be one real beauty
Quote from MataGyula :...
@Hyperactive
U meant 1.pit girls and then balancing the classes right ?

No. I meant pit girls, pit girls and pit girls. And goddammit, I still haven't even got my nude spectator mod! And I'm not talking about LFS forum mods! I'm getting quite pissed now

So I just need to sit naked in front of my computer!

(Yes, bad jokes. I need some action in my life *starts LFS* :schwitz
I never was in a hurry when buying LFS..
nice progress report and explanations.

take your time guys! cheers!
its always nice to hear something personal from a dev and im glad youre all doing great and everything is going well

just like it would be nice to have a .plan update every now and then
Quote from tristancliffe :Nice words, and I'm not even slightly worried about your progress or enthusiasm. LFS is so good in so many respects that I can live with a longer development time - indeed, knowing that the sim I play is constantly evolving and improving is one of the main reasons I play it and support it.

Also how I feel about the sim.

Note: This is not just because I am in love with Tristan.
To sound like a broken record, thanks for the update Scawen!

I really only hang around these forums waiting for an update. Though I haven't played S2 in many many months, I'm always very interested in updates and the project itself. Looking forward to what whatever's coming.
Well, Scawen, I'm sorry for my post about the "COME ON!" bit , I was probably in a funny mood so I hope you can accept my apology. I want to say that I hope you & your family are doing well and I wish the best . I also want to congratulate Eric on buying his house, I'd expect he is much more relaxed now knowing that he has a permament place to stay . I say again sorry for my post and I'll try to remember in future to keep my my mouth (or fingers ) shut (or tied ). LFS is a great game made by great developers, I'm sure that what you guys are cooking up is really sweet as I've always been satisfied with all the updates . Good luck with your work and take your time! .
@Leprekaun
I think you've accidentally programmed a ' macro' on your period or enter key. Just a heads up so maybe you can fix it...

LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG