Truck Grand Prix
(38 posts, started )

Poll : Truck racing in Lfs ?

Closed since :
Yes, it is a must have.
No way, that has nothing to do with racing
Truck Grand Prix
many ppl have asked about trucks.
but yea, we dont know what we get (if we get anything) and i think at the end the devs make the choice
id like to see trucks in the game, but i dont think this will happen.
It'd certainly be interesting thats for sure .
I would love truck racing implemented in LFS...just see it being a slight problem on the odd Fern Bay track or South City track
I'd vote yes... but it's no "must-have" to me
I can just imagine what would happen on ALL servers...

I think we will get trucks in time, hopefully two of them. One with a bonnet and one with a flat front.

They've said LFS is intended to simulate anything on wheels, anything without 'everything' would just be a waste...

But yes, it's been asked before.. Many times.
arghgh.. dammit! i tried so hard not to post in this topic! as i do have some sort of obsession with trucks. Maybe its a truck fetish.... :rolleyes: I eat/sleep/drink/model trucks.....

I would like to see a truck in LFS, would be my dream to come true. Bob made a lfs tweak setup for a super truck which he has on his website for S1 and i remember that was fun racing with that...

If we dont get an official truck by the devs which is highly unlikely then atleast I hope LFS becomes modable so that I could make a mod of my own!

+++1111111 illepall
#8 - ZORER
Yes trucks, yes go-karts, yes motorbikes. But what a pity there's only one program developer working on. I think lfs creators would like to give us what we request but maybe it's a matter of time.

Modable lfs is a good option.
+1

just think... holding at the startline - 20 heavy trucks powering up.

would be such a thrill
#10 - mr_x
+1213214123

I love truck racing, shame it isn't shown on TV here in the UK for us without Sky

But I can imagine S3 now... wet weather, truck racing, 20 trucks, T1 at FE Club (I know that track is not made for truck racing, but it'll be fun trying it!
Quote from Ger Roady :Would you like to see that, in Lfs too ?

Truck Race 21-23.07 on the Nürburgring this year.

http://www.truckracing.de/truc ... n/videos/teil3/index.html

Someone would have to improve the smokemod

(wondering that noone post that link earlier, or didn't i search enough.)

uli

I've allready suggested truck racing, along with nascar, motorbike types of racing, and more...
1 thing that would be really cool is also having a Super Dragster... and possibly several drag race cars...

Also, this should be in the suggestion area
I voted yes, however developing new cars/trucks would take time away from working on physics model, etc. Maybe devs should concentrate on improving vehicles that we already have + new tracks + (most important) physics model?
Quote from blackfang :I've allready suggested truck racing, along with nascar, motorbike types of racing, and more...
1 thing that would be really cool is also having a Super Dragster... and possibly several drag race cars...

Also, this should be in the suggestion area

It was also to show the link to this great videostuff.
Maybe in the suggestion area ,it would not be seen.

Btw, why does some people think , that has nothing to do with racing ?
Did they think it is only Show? Mass Destruction Derby ?
Uli
Well the thread will get moved as soon as one of the BAGS turns up...

BAGS = Bob Al Gunn Sam

And it would be seen in the suggestion section, people check it frequently!..
Quote from Ger Roady :It was also to show the link to this great videostuff.
Maybe in the suggestion area ,it would not be seen.

Btw, why does some people think , that has nothing to do with racing ?
Did they think it is only Show? Mass Destruction Derby ?
Uli

Personally, I think alot of LFS users spend more time in the forums then they are in racing. Probably 18 of the 25 areas gets tons of posts every single day and suggestion area is one of the top 5 used ones.. So yeah, I think this would've been noticed in the suggestion area
Trucks = lotsa powah + "slicks" + no huge amounts of downforce =

And even more fun when it's raining

And that speed limiter might be a server side setting
Quote from Hyperactive :Trucks = lotsa powah + "slicks" + no huge amounts of downforce =

And even more fun when it's raining

And that speed limiter might be a server side setting

Who needs downforce when you have the guy in front of you to slow you down.
Truck racing is so awesome. Though would suck if you had the G25 H-Gate, as from memory trucks tend to have more than 6 gears. The one I drove did.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Who needs downforce when you have the guy in front of you to slow you down.
Truck racing is so awesome. Though would suck if you had the G25 H-Gate, as from memory trucks tend to have more than 6 gears. The one I drove did.

But with 5 tons , you don't really need 12 or 16 gears. An Empty truck needs only maybe 5 to get on top speed .
Having played Mercedes Benz Truck Racing to death.. and being it the software on my computer that i have had installed the longest Super Trucks as they are called have 5 gears unlike their real life on road counterparts....

5 gears, top speed of 160km/h or 100Mp/h weiging in at 5 tons.. with acceleration 0-60 in 4 seconds.. its a monster!

@Hyperactice: They dont use slicks.... all the more fun IMO!
I always wanted to play that game, but when I grabbed the demo (which was in German T_T), it didn't agree with my graphics card so I could never play it. Sucked
I am guessing that you were trying to play it on win xp? they brought out a patch to make ti winxp and dx compatible so now it recognizes modern cards but i doubt you will find a demo with the patch..

mad
Didn't one of the dev's recently say, the strength of LFS is that it can (or will be able to) simulate "anything on wheels"? So I really think at some point in the future there will be much more "things on wheels".

And why not trucks? I certainly would try it out.
#23 - S0ul
It maybe would be quite nice,but there are other cars i would like more....Well but it cant be bad to have trucks
OHHHH Please!! I would love to see a TRUCK into LFS!!!
I used to go see every truck race at my local track Thruxton, back when they had the bigger trucks you now see in europe...and my stomach actually shook when then went past they were so loud. Awesome to watch them flying round corners on 3 wheels.

Truck Grand Prix
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG