Truck Grand Prix
(38 posts, started )

Poll : Truck racing in Lfs ?

Closed since :
Yes, it is a must have.
No way, that has nothing to do with racing
my pros and cons?
i'd love to see race trucks, yep as madman said they are monsters

on the negative: they need flexible chasis simulated, so i think not at S2 stage
in my world trucks are for hauling payload, not ass, but whatever, i guess some of you are bored with race cars...
Quote from evilgeek :in my world trucks are for hauling payload, not ass, but whatever, i guess some of you are bored with race cars...

They are called racing trucks. For a reason.

I just don't get why some people are so against trucks. For me it is just one form of motorsport, maybe not as high-tech or high-skill as rallies or formulas but still it's motor racing - interesting too. That being said I don't really expect LFS to ever have trucks, because it is a minority of people who really want trucks. There are stuff like prototypes, old american muscle cars, B group rally cars and such which are more wanted, and for a reason. They are more of a that kind stuff people expect from LFS. It is like putting a drift-only car into LFS and telling it is only a racing sim. "But it has a drift-kar!, so LFS can't be a sim!". People don't expect to see a drifting car in a racing sim, and if there is one it kinda makes the sim look bad? Maybe trucks are just seen as one sidetracked form of motorsports that cannot be compared to things like GT racing, formulas or WTCC alike cars? = If we get trucks in LFS people don't take LFS as seriously as before because it has truck, which are kinda arcade only material?

(And I really don't get why people want karts, but that's just me. EDIT: And I can't see why some people want SUVs in LFS either. After all the SUVs are overweight, underpowered fwd cars with electronics to rotate the backwheels. And the offroading abilities are a joke. Only thing they are good at is fuel consumption - the more the better )

So far no one has told me any specific reasons why LFS shouldn't have trucks. There us no weightlimit, powerlimit or other limit why trucks couldn't be done. Damn, if we got oval, we must have trucks
whoever said no... SCREW YOUUU!!!!!

lol sorry just had to say that..

we need an SUV in LFS and a truck to go along with it for offroading and rallys and races and.. well.. hell SUVs arent called SUV for nothin!
+1

LFS can simulate anything on wheels... well it doesn't mean it has to simulate everything on wheels.

that said Truck racing brings a new discipline and type of racing (2 axle road vehicle type racing) I think it is a valid and fun addition...
It would be pretty cool to have trucks. But its not something I would buy the game for (ie just for the trucks).

I voted yes anyhoo.
Why not?

I envision the complete LFS one day with Trucks, Dragsters (we have the strip, why not use it properly), whatever else belongs in road or dirtgoing motorsport. Once the major things are out of the way, I would surmise (possibly errantly who knows) that adding a plethora of vehicles to LFS wouldn't be an insurmountably painstaking task...
Volvo FH
Volvo D12C engine is powered by Penta Race Power.

• BASED ON A VOLVO FM CAB

• RACE TUNED ELECTRONIC D12C VOLVO PENTA ENGINE

• RACING TURBO AND STRENTHENED INTERCOOLER SYSTEM

• STRENGTHED CHASSIS DESIGNED FOR RACING

• SPECIAL MADE RATIO DIFF FOR RACING

• LOWERED SUSPENSION

• SACHS GAS ADJUSTABLE SHOCK ABSORBERS

• MID MOUNTED ENGINE

• ZF RACING MANUAL GEARBOX

• ADJUSTABLE IN-CAB BRAKING SYSTEM

• FRONT DISC BRAKES

• WATER COOLED BRAKES AND INTERCOOLER

• KEEP WEIGHT TO MINIMUM WITHIN THE REGULATIONS

• SPEED LIMITED TO 160 KMH FIA REGULATIONS.

• ALL SAFETY FEATURES INCLUDING ROLL CAGE AND RACING SEATS FITTED TO FIA SPEC INCLUDING THE NEW HANS DEVICE.

Interesting facts.

Speed:

Capable of 220kph @ 3600rpm. Limited to a maximum speed allowed in Race

checked by Tacho and Satellite Tracking 160kph

0 - 60 = Faster than a Ferrari 355

60 - 100 = Similar to a Mercedes E55V8

Power to Weight Ratios:

1,000 hp at 6 and a quarter tons is greater than a Formula One car.

6 and a quarter tons at 100mph = 625 tons of mass to slow down and, or, stop in a hurry whilst Racing.

Link: http://www.truckrace.co.uk/truck.htm
Amazing fun! saw them at Brands in the winter!

wonder if they would appeal to the drifting community

I see the poll is quite one sided if only these were the results in the Bob needs a shave poll .. rofl

mad
Quote from Ger Roady :
6 and a quarter tons at 100mph = 625 tons of mass to slow down and, or, stop in a hurry whilst Racing.

Heh, somebody doesn't know physics.

Trucks will be massive in LFS though (really! )
no Wonder

Quote :
UK schools slip down the world’s league table. In the second round of tests for the OECD’s Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), Britain dropped from 4th (in 2001) to 11th in science, from 7th to 11th in reading, and from 8th to 18th in maths. The report showed that 41 per cent of pupils in maths and 35 per cent in science were handicapped by poor quality teaching. The UK has the largest shortage of well-qualified and experienced teachers in OECD member countries except for Turkey, Luxembourg and Mexico. The report also showed that the advantage of being educated at a private school was greater in the UK than in any country except Uruguay and Brazil. A leader in the Telegraph argues that the PISA study shows that exams in Britain have been “dumbed down” because our standards have fallen so much in relation to other countries. It argues that the successful countries have good discipline, high expectations and “where good and experienced teachers are allowed to enjoy their work, free from constant interference from ministers obsessed with social engineering.” It concludes: “By the objective standards of the rest of the world, however, this Government’s record on education is a disgrace.” A leader in the Wall Street Journal Europe states that South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong significantly outperform both Europe and the US. It notes that the PISA report stated that successful school systems share significant characteristics: a decentralized system where schools are given a large degree of autonomy over the curriculum and budget decisions, an open flexible education system, and greater teacher professionalism fostered by increased autonomy and responsibility. It concludes that “school reform in the US and Europe is a question of economic survival” and both need to embrace “decentralization, competition and flexibility”

Truck Grand Prix
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG