The online racing simulator
MASTER SERVER down...again?!?
(75 posts, started )
I have had similar problems too this afternoon.
hahaha. its funny that the we lfs'ers have such high standards. and you wonder why we get so much hate from fanboys of other games. master server goes down a handfull of times in 3 years.

we get super anxous when there isnt a patch for a few months when some games never get patched

All hail the greatness that is LFS.
master server seems to be ok, but anyone knows what happened to www.lfsworld.net? I only see white page.
Quote from Renku :master server seems to be ok, but anyone knows what happened to www.lfsworld.net? I only see white page.

Me too. I have heard of making effective use of white space, but that is a bit extreme!
#55 - robt
Me too, seems LFSWorld is down, when Auto-downloading skins i get a "Socket closed" error.
Quote from Hallen : I have heard of making effective use of white space, but that is a bit extreme!

I think it might be art
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
In game i can see ctrl f8 wr's, but lfsw is yet not accessible from browser.

Patch incoming??? illepall
Yeah, the server goes down... so it mustbe a patch. illepall
Everyone always assumes that it is a problem. Maybe the devs are just updating the software which is on the master server?
I had the same problems and, in addition, my times last night weren't recorded (and I got multiple PBs :mad. Please tell me all that wasn't for nothing
Quote from wheel4hummer :Maybe the devs are just updating the software which is on the master server?

3-4 times a week? As long as there is no way to connect without the master server:
THE ONLINE PART OF LFS SUCKZ THE LAST WEEKS!!!!
Quote from Crazy Harry :3-4 times a week? As long as there is no way to connect without the master server:
THE ONLINE PART OF LFS SUCKZ THE LAST WEEKS!!!!

as long as it works on the weekend at all...i dont really care maybe we get some improvements? Or is the ISP guilty in the end? Hmm i would like to see a statement but as a dev i would be pissed off a bit to make a statement everytime the server is going down. It worked very good for a long time but i agree this week sucks a bit
Guys calm down a little.

I already explained that the two times the master went down were totally different reasons, and then it went down a third time and SamH explained that was yet another totally different reason.

So, by pure coincidence the master was affected for a few hours, 3 times in about a month, for 3 different reasons (having been near 100% for some years). They are the sort of things that happen around once a year, and this time they came in quick succession.

1) Router needed restarting
2) My fault, changing some settings
3) The ISP had some problems

It's not that shocking that an internet service can occasionally suffer a breakdown - a lot of things need to be working right, for it to actually work!

Today there was a problem with the web server. It's unrelated. The web server got a problem that it has never had before, and needed restarting. It's not related in any way to the master server. The web server's houser had a power out problem earlier this year as well.

These things happen. This is not a recurring fault that needs to be fixed.
Take it as a compliment that for us guys the world is collapsing if the masterserver is down!
Thanks alot Scawen for this Statement. Calmed down Btw i know the Internet is not a stable thing. Many Junctions, cabels, satellites all over (around) the world makes it impossible to have a clear, lag & timeout free connection all the time. But the lag of informations can create the worst nightmares you know. Its our favorite game so we surely want to know whats going on. Well anyway these kind of things happens and will happen in future and as GoGo said take it as a compliment

Cheers
:uglyhamme
Quote from 510N3D :Thanks alot Scawen for this Statement. Calmed down Btw i know the Internet is not a stable thing. Many Junctions, cabels, satellites all over (around) the world makes it impossible to have a clear, lag & timeout free connection all the time. But the lag of informations can create the worst nightmares you know. Its our favorite game so we surely want to know whats going on. Well anyway these kind of things happens and will happen in future and as GoGo said take it as a compliment

Cheers

is it down again
no.
What about now?
still no
If you think the master is down, the first thing to do is go to LFS World www.lfsworld.net

Just look at the graph. If there are no racers online, then the master is down.

If the graph is smooth then the master must be fine, unless it just broke down that minute, in which case you can wait a bit.

There is no need to ask here, if the master is down. Just look at www.lfsworld.net and you can see there has been no break in the master's service.
Quote from Scawen :Iyada yada yada....... If there are no racers online, then the master is down....yada yada yada.......

No. If there are are no racers online, then you're probably logged on during the
N. American timeslot.
Quote from Racer Y :No. If there are are no racers online, then you're probably logged on during the
N. American timeslot.

Haha
...If the graph doesnt show any online racers...

MASTER SERVER down...again?!?
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG