The online racing simulator
Quote from CSU1 :Good news so he is up and about
What exactly is an "unlimited" fine?

There is no fixed limit on how much or little the fine can be. So pretty much anything.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :There is no fixed limit on how much or little the fine can be. So pretty much anything.

yeah, I was thimking it was 'unlimited' as in forever lol...
"I sentance a one billion pound fine every year till' the year 20,000,000"
Quote from CSU1 :Somewhat 'poor' taste nutty boy

Do you like Tony Blair. Well I don't mind him. I wouldn't say he's the greatest though.
Quote from nutty boy :Do you like Tony Blair. Well I don't mind him. I wouldn't say he's the greatest though.

Thats not what I iz talkin nutt, I wouldn't be "happy" for anyone to have that happen to them!:slap:
Here's a few quotes:
Quote :
"Doctors have moved Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond out of a high dependency unit and on to a ward, his family has said."

"His wife told the Daily Mirror: "He's spoken and smiled. It's early days and what has happened hasn't really sunk in for him."

"But he's starting to look like Richard again. He's tough as hell and on his way back."

Quote from Blackout :He means he must make sure that some idiots won't shut the show down. A guote From The Sun Online "Richard is winning his fight. And now mine begins. To make sure that he has a show to come back to." http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006440317,00.html

They won't close it down.

All Clarkson has to do is hold up TG's safety record up until Hammond's crash. It's exemplary btw.

The BBC is hardly going to cancel one of their best and most highly rated shows after one accident that could of happened to anyone. Regardless of what some groups may demand
The fact that hammond survived, and that he was able to call cpt. slow a "cockface" such a short time after the incident has to be proof of how safe the whole event was.
Ofcourse the show will not be put down, but it seems the new series will be delayed.

Quote :It also confirmed the final part of the Best of Top Gear had been postponed indefinitely and the new series, due to begin on 8 October, will be delayed.

That's from BBC News
I'll ask my parents if I can donate.
Why does it need for a celebrity to be hurt that people start donating? illepall This is such false-faced sympathy... If you donate, then for their service of rescuing people, not for rescuing one celebrity...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from bbman :Why does it need for a celebrity to be hurt that people start donating? illepall This is such false-faced sympathy... If you donate, then for their service of rescuing people, not for rescuing one celebrity...

Well, did you know there was such a thing as an air ambulance that has exists by the grace of gifts? I'm really surprised that it is not paid for by the government (as in Holland if Im correct). And that people only give when something big happens is just the nature of humans.
Quote from Frankmd :Well, did you know there was such a thing as an air ambulance that has exists by the grace of gifts? I'm really surprised that it is not paid for by the government (as in Holland if Im correct). And that people only give when something big happens is just the nature of humans.

Please read my post again... I'm not against them donating, I'm against donating for the wrong reasons... They should have donated long ago, and continously to maintain that service, not just now because they rescued Hammond, only so they can forget about the air ambulance again with an eased conscience...
i tell you why its good to donate bbman

here is someone who comes into my living room most sunday nights via the tv.
i then hear that he is close to death, and because of the fast action of the air ambulance, his life has most likely been spared.also, its only in action because of donations.

i believe thats enough of a reason to donate some cash.

how about you go and make better use of your spare time rarther than thinking up crap and posting it on here.
Quote from bbman :Why does it need for a celebrity to be hurt that people start donating? illepall This is such false-faced sympathy... If you donate, then for their service of rescuing people, not for rescuing one celebrity...

Quote from mr grady :here is someone who comes into my living room most sunday nights via the tv.
i then hear that he is close to death, and because of the fast action of the air ambulance, his life has most likely been spared.also, its only in action because of donations.

I'd say, you pretty much proved his point with that.

And how about, you dont personally insult someone, who has a different opinion than you?
Quote from mr grady :i tell you why its good to donate bbman

here is someone who comes into my living room most sunday nights via the tv.

how about you go and make better use of your spare time rarther than thinking up crap and posting it on here.

As zeug said, thank you for proving my point... For your information: I am a huge Top Gear-fan and I only wish Hammond to recover fully soon... And if you REALLY cared about the air ambulance service, you'd already have donated long ago...

How about you reading my posts and start understanding the words I've written down?
ok...hows this then?

i work 24/7 just to give all my money to EVERY charity going, so that you cant call me a hypocrite.

i didnt know about the air ambulance before hamsters accident....the phrase every cloud has a silver lining springs to mind here.

why oh why did you have to knock people for donating money? of all the bad things in that are going on in the world, why did you have to bring such a negative attitude into this thread?

im sure hamster, the crew who operate the air ambulance and the people it will help (god forbid that anyone should need it) will be so grateful that it has the funds to operate longer and better now.

peace.
@Quint999: All down to experiences (not personal, but from friends)... I'm sure 95% of those donating now have the air ambulance forgotten in a few weeks... That is the real irony, not "my cynical view"... Will you support the air ambulance from now on? That would be at least one silver lining, as grady said... But my experiences just tell me otherwise...

@grady: You still didn't read, and I can't make you... Fyi, it wasn't me who really started the negativity... I for one didn't call other people's opinion "crap"...
Quote from Quint999 :I live in the UK and had no idea the local air ambulances were paid purely by volountary donations.

Yes it does sometimes take a celebrity to highlight something to get people to donate, but not always for the reasons you think. You hold a rather presumptuous and cynical view about people you know nothing about.

BBMAN:how do you know if i have ever donated to any charity before? or if i will again? over the years i have helped raise money for several charitys

like it says above...you know nothing about people.

your post was negative,abusive (false-faced) and not needed.
Wow what a great way to use a thread that is some peoples main source of information on the health of Richard, instead of seeing some positive comments about his health I see a bunch of grown men arguing over why some nice guy donated money.

I would like to point out that if I was in such an accident that a helicopter had to come rescue me (Whether I was near death or not) I can gaurantee you that I would be donating some money to them. If we all donated money to the charitys we feel strongly about, we would all be in huge debt.

Now please, lets just get back onto the topic of Richards recovery as people don't want to be reading about some silly argument, after all, he hasn't recovered yet.

I don't think that bbman was critising people for donating, I think that he was critising people for not donating when a celebrity has not been rescued. I think he has a very good point too.
I agree with you bbman - totally!! The Air Ambulance is and has been a going concern, and people should do something to help in their own way NOT just because a celebrity needed it, but because, perhaps, THEY might need it, or a close family member, or a friend. Some people donate directly, others assist by sponsership or events (Mile of Triumphs for example, which was this weekend in Norfolk to raise money for the local air ambulance).

However, as hard as I find it to believe, some people will only hear about this service when it's brought into the public eye by a 'celebrity' accident, and it's never too late to support such a venture.

So, don't support the air ambulance because of the celebrity, but support it for your own reasons after hearing about it, perhaps after something like Hammonds accident. As the National Lottery slogan (used to?) say : It Could Be You!

Back on topic, how is he doing? I've been out all day, and I've not checked Google News yet...
It does not take a celebraty(sp) to make people donate. Does anyone remember Huricane Katrina? Any celebraties in that?

The ambulance saved him(basically), and as said, someone you know may need it, you might need it.

Most people need it after going to Mcdonalds. j/k
It was Richard Hammond's wife who asked that people donate the money to the service rather than send flowers, so it is perfectly understandable to see many people donating to this cause even though they might not have normally thought about doing so before. This information makes the argument above seem a bit silly. Not only are the donations a positive outcome but the exposure helps to highlight the financial challenges that the service faces every day and brings awareness to millions of people, also a positive outcome.
Quote from Rappa Z :It does not take a celebraty(sp) to make people donate. Does anyone remember Huricane Katrina? Any celebraties in that?

now i understand why bush wins elections.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG