The online racing simulator
oval racing
(140 posts, started )

Poll : OVAL???

i occasionaly race on ovals
i dont myself but arent bothered if no1 else does
i cant stand ovals
i am obsessed with ovals
Quote from CSU1 :lol you feeling funny today?
I do ocasionaly use the view keys you crazy horse , I was talking bout it's hard too keep your perfect line whilst looking out for traffic I know about pit spotter too!

lmao ok im so sorry:bowdown: :chicken:

@ dave: im really thinking about doing another oval server, maybe we change the current kygp long server (since nobody is using it anyway, except me sometimes, the one that wished to have it) back to oval/fo8 but i need to check what Failure and the others team members think about it. Would be fun

btw, thats a sweet sig =)

"Oh! Yeah hey, I didnt see your giant tits there, thanks for pointing them out. I was busy listening to what you had to say."
Quote from 510N3D : As someone allready said youre more fighting with the other drivers then with the track. So in the end from my point of view, those who have made less misstakes in the hole race have more the right to win the race then the others.

Do you realize what you said ?

Figthing the other drivers - Would you rather figth the cars, or the tracks ??

Racing is all about battling your opponents - And just that !
Quote from 510N3D : @ dave: im really thinking about doing another oval server, maybe we change the current kygp long server (since nobody is using it anyway, except me sometimes, the one that wished to have it) back to oval/fo8 but i need to check what Failure and the others team members think about it. Would be fun

yea, that would be fun. who cares about the other team members? just check with Failure..lol...just kidding
Quote from alland44 :Do you realize what you said ?

Figthing the other drivers - Would you rather figth the cars, or the tracks ??

Racing is all about battling your opponents - And just that !

actually, yes, there are only 3 turns thats it. Compared to curcuit tracks, what i actually tried to explain, the oval is not that hard to manage/takes less time to do average or better laptimes. You get used to the track faster and the setup should be reach the limit quicker then on curcuit tracks so theres no need to touch it anymore after a while and therefore you get even used to it as well which means, the opponents are the only factor (mainly***) that remains and you have to deal with.

Racing is all about battling your opponents?

***Not at all, you are battling yourself, agains the track and car (sometimes, depends on your overall progress), your equipment (pc hardware/software combo), lag and many others things and conditions.
Quote from dave4002000 :yea, that would be fun. who cares about the other team members? just check with Failure..lol...just kidding

:jester:
Quote from 510N3D :actually, yes, there are only 3 turns thats it. Compared to curcuit tracks, what i actually tried to explain, the oval is not that hard to manage/takes less time to do average or better laptimes. You get used to the track faster and the setup should be reach the limit quicker then on curcuit tracks so theres no need to touch it anymore after a while and therefore you get even used to it as well which means, the opponents are the only factor (mainly) that remains and you have to deal with.

Racing is all about battling your opponents?

Not at all, you are battling yourself, agains the track and car (sometimes, depends on your overall progress), your equipment (pc hardware/software combo), lag and many others things and conditions.

The track becomes secondary, in a tigth battle. Take the uf1000 and 23 racers. Ofcourse you have to take the track in consideration, but you have to race the humans very intensely. If you lead the pack - It`s mostly keeping all the other racers behind you, and especially the nearest one. In this case you drive wide, and not the optimal line.

So racing is all about figthing the other racers - Not the track, because then it is not racing anymore. If you have no opponents, you can`t race !!
Quote from alland44 :If you have no opponents, you can`t race !!

best statement i've seen so far..lol
Quote from CSU1 :I cant really see how the bf1 being so powerfull makes it hard to drive oval! Other tracks maybe ! Oval out the foot down and your gone!

YOU KNOW NOTHING DUDE...
Quote from 510N3D : :chicken:

muahahahaha Plaztik, your the man!

(Sorry for doubleposting)
Quote from alland44 :The track becomes secondary, in a tigth battle. Take the uf1000 and 23 racers. Ofcourse you have to take the track in consideration, but you have to race the humans very intensely. If you lead the pack - It`s mostly keeping all the other racers behind you, and especially the nearest one. In this case you drive wide, and not the optimal line.

So racing is all about figthing the other racers - Not the track, because then it is not racing anymore. If you have no opponents, you can`t race !!

Ok, at least theres no final point to go for agreed? But, to have a word on your comment, u choosed the uf1 because it seems to be a slow & easy handling car, ok, but what if youre not the only one that can drive with this thing as fast as possible without doing misstakes or doing less misstakes then others. What if there are 3 or more other guys pushing and you have to reach your limits and above? Hmm interesting. I totally agree, the main reason to go on the track is to fight the others but there are other factors that can affect on this more or less, depends on the conditions.
:sadbanana :bath:
Quote from CSU1 ::sadbanana :bath:

OT: lol good idea but is this topic related?

going back to topic: Ovalllll !!!
What about some 50 lappers on KY1 with XRG+XFG? Join the FM KY gP Server.
I'm a sort of old school racer who like to race in all types of Motorsports (GP, rally, slalom, hillclimb, ovals, endurance...) and I used to race on ovals when I was playing Indycar Racing II (I really like the idea of a mixed championship with ovals, city race courses and permanent racing tracks) and the Papyrus Nascar series but in LFS, I don't really like the Kyoto oval.

I would like more different ovals, maybe a 0.5 and 1 Mile oval and another 1 or 1.5 mile oval with different levels of banking in all corners (maybe a Pocono like layout).

But as it is currently, I find no interest in racing on ovals. A more nascar-like car and a speedway openwheel (a bit heavier than the FO8 and BF1 without the TC and carbon brakes and a powerfull turbo engine) could help though.
Quote from Crazy Harry :What about some 50 lappers on KY1 with XRG+XFG? Join the FM KY gP Server.

another good combo to add to the FM servers?
I'll be joining FM servers alot more if you make these new servers.

btw I loe the F08 on KY GP Long. I went to that old server lots. Great car/track combo.
Eh, Oval racing is okay. I'm not a huge fan of it. It looks boring, but then again I only had one chance to race the oval and that was in an FO8, for now I have to be stuck with the crappy cars.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Eh, Oval racing is okay. I'm not a huge fan of it. It looks boring, but then again I only had one chance to race the oval and that was in an FO8, for now I have to be stuck with the crappy cars.
~Bryan~

looks can be deceiving

i think that's where most people go wrong with the oval...it "looks" boring, so they don't try to get into it
had to vote for #4 because #3 doesnt make any sense really

"i dont myself but arent bothered if no1 else does"
some1 would make sense, but its not written there
Quote from dave4002000 :looks can be deceiving

i think that's where most people go wrong with the oval...it "looks" boring, so they don't try to get into it

Nope, it definitely is... I once had a 120 lap race at the oval... The biggest challenge was to not fall asleep after the first 10 laps... And I really tried to like it...
Yes it is, I joined yesterday during the 50 lappers and could only do about 20 laps before I started to fall asleep!

The first 3 or 4 laps were sorta fun though!
yea...some people just don't like oval, that's fine with me..lol...it is boring if you just try to race with random people that aren't really that good. But, if you get a group of people who are extremely talented on the oval, like [FM] or (EAGLE), then the racing gets a lot closer and more exciting, you're never just running around by yourself(unless you're just too slow to keep up ), there's always 2 or 3 people with you at all times. At that point you don't have time to sleep..lol.
I occasionaly race on ovals.
Quote from th84 :Yes it is, I joined yesterday during the 50 lappers and could only do about 20 laps before I started to fall asleep!

The first 3 or 4 laps were sorta fun though!

Don´t forget: XRG Racing is not the same as BF1
The 50 lapper was the first race yesterday. Way too long for that car. 10-20 is good on a public server.
If there was a more suitable car for the oval beside the FXR (which you can't see much, mind you I haven't looked for a while), I think I'd race more there. The BF1 and the F08 just... doesn't look right.

oval racing
(140 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG