i occasionaly race on ovals
i dont myself but arent bothered if no1 else does
i cant stand ovals
i am obsessed with ovals
oval racing
i wanted a general opinion on oval racing. vote^
#2 - Jakg
Quote from Captain Slow :i wanted a general opinion on oval racing. vote^

Oval racing is ok, although slightly boring, im more put off by the attitudes and racers
i used to race oval, especially before the patch.Then AS North/BF1 hit me ad i was obsessed, espescially since i flew through the esses between t3 and the straight.

edit: the F08 is still my favorite car.
Watching it: Yes
in LFS: No
I used to race occasionally when it was new, but quickly learned to hate it. The third option doesn't make sense, so I took the 4th.
#6 - mr_x
I get very bored of just turning left all the time (or if it's reverce oval turning right all the time)

last time i raced oval was probably pre-patch
#7 - Mark.
I race in them sometimes... not very often anymore.
Reason being is that almost every race, someone decides to wipe me out with no appologies at all.
I don't see why everyone hates the oval. The BF1 is stupid for it, the best oval cars are FO8 and FXR.
Quote from duke_toaster :I don't see why everyone hates the oval. The BF1 is stupid for it, the best oval cars are FO8 and FXR.

have ye ever seen a formula 3000 car race on an oval? the only car that is really good for realistic oval racing is the FXR, which i would very much like to race on an oval server sometimes. but because there is not any oval server without bf1 only, i will never do.
I think the BF1 is the best for Oval along with the FXR but not FO8. FO8 has too much power on the rear end which causes some relatively big wrecks.
I'd actually like to have a go on oval racing but not in the BF1, any car that can withstand a bit of bumping and rubbing will do. Needs to be a populated server as well. I'd like to see racing with 20 cars packed into 10 car lengths, that's the only thing that looks appealing to me when it comes to oval racing (I don't have a clue about NASCAR but 'Days of Thunder' looked fun ).
There was once a XF GTI oval server, it was packed for about a week then forgotten about, I had some of the best sim racing I ever had on that server, it was simply great fun, obviously all flat without a problem but really close 3 wide all the way with a shorter oval it would be even more fun. Other than that one server the only worthwhile oval sim racing I've done has been pick up racing in N2003.
Quote from ajp71 :There was once a XF GTI oval server, it was packed for about a week then forgotten about, I had some of the best sim racing I ever had on that server, it was simply great fun, obviously all flat without a problem but really close 3 wide all the way with a shorter oval it would be even more fun.

Indeed. That was really nice.
3rd option
I would race more ovals if there was a bigger variety and a bigger challenge (have to let off gas)
#16 - Nobo
Somehow i feel we had this discussion in the past, might be wrong....

Everything said already....people stay on there opinions like unmovable rocks...its in this great game...so i love it, too
Quote from ToxicKlay :I think the BF1 is the best for Oval along with the FXR but not FO8. FO8 has too much power on the rear end which causes some relatively big wrecks.

if you cant stand the heat.. well.. you know the rest
FV8 is best imo, its not at all hard to control, FXR is to slow imo (i've never actually tried the oval with FXR, but.. it doesn't look like it would be as exciting as faster cars are) as for the Sauber... i think its a disgrace personally
oval sucks no seriously im done with this and as Nobo allready said, everything has been said and most of the drivers here dont like the oval but the rest love it more then their girlfriends or left/right hand(s)
I race the oval sometimes. Not frequently but sometimes.

I don't like the attitude of people on them though.
I don't drive on ovals in LFS, but I see no reason why someone else should or should not drive on ovals. Each to their own
I hold Hyperactive's view but after watching a 150 lapper (only a short story, but not relevant) I am left even more bewildered by it than drifting, which I dont understand either.

When i've watched oval racing on telly it's been a race to win, but when I watched an LFS replay it was draft, overtake, stay wide & let him back through just repeated endlessly and I dont get why? Surely then the race is only over the last lap? So why 150 of them?

I just dont understand. I've joined an oval league though... lol. I'm going to overtake and stay there! Well perhaps not, on account of no talent with GTR's or anything...
I wonder how long one has to drive on the oval, until one is dumb at that special frequency range where the BF1 engine revs at top speed ...

Have some of the oval racers yet experienced something like that?
Oval rocks, we've figured it out at the race this sunday. FZ50 @ KY1R. Porschari is the only car that has to brake on Ky1. This combination, among ovals, is the most requiring.

Replays and stats
(qual1 and qual2 are 2 parts of the same qualification. the 1st part was made when everyone did their laps. Then came I (being late) and made my lap)

We had a lot of fun. I think, it could have been a close race if everyone were prepared and had proper setups. We had never made "serious" races on oval before, but we just came with open minds and enjoyed it. Watching "NASCAR Back in the day" makes me sleep, but driving on oval among fellows is quite interesting experience.
Lol, I tried FXR @ the oval and placed 14th in the HL charts on the second attempt.. Yeah I suppose it's fun once in a while
Quote from HorsePower :I wonder how long one has to drive on the oval, until one is dumb at that special frequency range where the BF1 engine revs at top speed ...

Have some of the oval racers yet experienced something like that?

lol, yes, the Tinnitus which comes and goes actually sounds like a bf1 at 19000 rpm. But it changed, in the past it was more like the FO8 sound which i enjoyed more illepall

oval racing
(140 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG