oval racing
(140 posts, started )

Poll : OVAL???

i occasionaly race on ovals
i dont myself but arent bothered if no1 else does
i cant stand ovals
i am obsessed with ovals
#26 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :I hold Hyperactive's view but after watching a 150 lapper (only a short story, but not relevant) I am left even more bewildered by it than drifting, which I dont understand either.

When i've watched oval racing on telly it's been a race to win, but when I watched an LFS replay it was draft, overtake, stay wide & let him back through just repeated endlessly and I dont get why? Surely then the race is only over the last lap? So why 150 of them?

I just dont understand. I've joined an oval league though... lol. I'm going to overtake and stay there! Well perhaps not, on account of no talent with GTR's or anything...

because then you can keep drafting each other? in the FO8 with a frend doing that you could nock 1.5 - 2 secs off your lap
Quote from Becky Rose :I just dont understand. I've joined an oval league though... lol. I'm going to overtake and stay there! Well perhaps not, on account of no talent with GTR's or anything...

I was just reading this post of a person slagging oval races off and then I looked and thought 'Hey thats becky isn't she in the 360 series'
[OT]nutty boy, your sig size is frightening... [/OT]
hardly ever do. i might if there were an oval that required more skill. more challenging raceline
Quote :because then you can keep drafting each other? in the FO8 with a frend doing that you could nock 1.5 - 2 secs off your lap

I'd rather be first then second with fastest lap. Ask Nico Rosberg what a fast lap ever did for him and you'll understand why
Quote :I was just reading this post of a person slagging oval races off

Now come on, I never slagged off oval racing. On telly i've even watched some - but they dont go letting each other past all the time. This seems LFS specific, and I dont get it.
Quote from Becky Rose :
I just dont understand. I've joined an oval league though... lol. I'm going to overtake and stay there! Well perhaps not, on account of no talent with GTR's or anything...

dont worry you could well be racing me, so you will at least overtake someone. also check my sig for help with the 360 lap race. (i am right in thinking your talkng about the 360 race series)
Quote from AndroidXP :[OT]nutty boy, your sig size is frightening... [/OT]

Yeah it is isn't it

Quote from Captain Slow :dont worry you could well be racing me, so you will at least overtake someone. also check my sig for help with the 360 lap race. (i am right in thinking your talkng about the 360 race series)

Yeah she is.

It's gonna be fun, but also rip your own ears off boring at times. 360 laps of the oval.
Quote : It's gonna be fun, but also rip your own ears off boring at times. 360 laps of the oval.

i'm really looking forward to all the races other than the 360 laps scary stuff :hidesbehi Still if everyone else falls asleep at the wheel i might be able to win
i know, 360 laps. , i might make a device to turn my wheel 45 degrees left at intervals ofhowever many seconds and just let it run for a bit while i have an hours kip.
Quote from duke_toaster :I don't see why everyone hates the oval. The BF1 is stupid for it, the best oval cars are FO8 and FXR.

99% agree. Like the XRR more then the FXR. But FO8@oval rockzzzzz

Uh and btw: The 4th option should named "I can´t DRIVE ovals" =)
Quote from Crazy Harry :99% agree. Like the XRR more then the FXR. But FO8@oval rockzzzzz

Uh and btw: The 4th option should named "I can´t DRIVE ovals" =)

hehe, true. ony reason i dont drift is because im hopeless,

and i used to be crap(er) at oval racing untill i went on your server were i got alot of help, so cheers
Quote from Crazy Harry :Uh and btw: The 4th option should named "I can´t DRIVE ovals" =)

I can't drive the oval because I find it more fun to cut my scrotum with a rusty razor blade. You should try it some time.
I have had some good races on oval with LX6 tonight ,the last turn is quite tricky with this car, try it!!!!
Quote from Cropsy :I can't drive the oval because I find it more fun to cut my scrotum with a rusty razor blade. You should try it some time.

ye but once youve cut it to many times theres nothing left, so you still go back to oval racing, except, your missing two ovals of your own.

EDIT:
Quote :I have had some good races on oval with LX6 tonight ,the last turn is quite tricky with this car, try it!!!!

was that online? i remember a server ages ago that had lx`s on the oval, then it dissapeared, i seem to remember someone called anabel or something.
#41 - th84
Quote from crazyharry :Uh and btw: The 4th option should named "I can´t DRIVE ovals" =)

Maybe it should say that, but i dont think it would get many votes, the only track my 3 yr old will do is the oval. Its the only one he can get around without wrecking!

The oval can be good fun with the right crowd. I remember the gti oval server that was good fun, we should bring that back!!
Quote from Cropsy :I.... I find it more fun to cut my scrotum with a rusty razor blade. You should try it some time.

Sounds great. Have to check that.
Oval racing isn't my thing, but lots of people like it and there is no need to blame them.

[OT]
Over sized sigs...

Quote from nutty boy :Yeah it is isn't it

Yeah she is.

I've planned to make a thread about HUGE sigs, but haven't done it yet, so I just put thoughts in here...
It ridiculous that if someone needs to comment with one line, his sig takes half of 1280x1024 screen. Especially when it includes elephant sized letters, huge smilies, empty spaces, etc.
There should be a limit for maximum sig size...

[/OT]
there ain't an oval thread without me (at least in the last weeks)

sooooo, oval? YEP fo shizzel. Becky you will find out what this drafting and letting pass is all about. but who knows if it's gonna be like that.

the main difference why they don't draft like it is in LFS is the motor temperature and teh cooler-grill taping. so sometimes its better for your setup to just stay in the drag of an car and sometimes its better to be not in the pack.... but in lfs its always faster to draft, let pass, draft let past, because if you don't use this kind of racing, those guys behind you will catch you with this technique in a few laps, and if you are behind, you won't have a chance caching the guy in front. so, drafting and giving draft is some "smart" thing. but sometimes it depends on the 2nd car that drafts with you if you are faster by drafting or not (with BF1 you are always faster when drafting) with GTRs it is not THAT sure imo. HOWEVER In the 360° racing series, there is NO RULE that tells you, you have to use this draft, letpass technique....

to the 360 laper, we will see how this is gonna work out ) today i practiced if i can make it to the toilette during the pitstop... it worked out, but you have to cut very short on the throne though...

for all the others who want to race some oval racing with other cars then BF1, either sign in for the oval-junkies series II of crazy harry, or my own 360° Racing Series.

btw Harry, i am practicing to get those 2 hotlaps: FXR KY1 and FXR KY1_Rev
#45 - SamH
[OT] I'm depressed now.. that's my best quote? [/OT]
Quote from Fischfix :...GTRs it is not THAT sure imo ....
btw Harry, i am practicing to get those 2 hotlaps: FXR KY1 and FXR KY1_Rev

Be sure, draft with the GTRs is MUCH faster. (XRR 36:6x to 35:8x and below)
Good luck with rev. The track is a b**ch.
For those who don´t know the power of the draft, watch the replay.
Attached files
fun fun fun.mpr - 209 KB - 137 views
It's the lfs oval. Worst shape and banking possible.

Ovals provide fast and close racing, which is why a lot of people like them.

its more of a race vs the other drivers rather than vs the track.
Quote from -wes- :
its more of a race vs the other drivers rather than vs the track.

That´s a very good point imho. You can´t get more "multiplayer feeling" in a racegame as on an oval track. And not only AGAINST the others. You also need - like fischfix sayed - to play WITH them to have a chance to win. So.. it´s like counterstrike? =)
Quote from Mauni :Over sized sigs...

Nutty Boy I've condensed your sig down a bit

oxygen sim racing | LFS Da Vinci Code Challenge | LFS FM - The Unofficial Radio Station of LFS
Quote from Crazy Harry :That´s a very good point imho. You can´t get more "multiplayer feeling" in a racegame as on an oval track. And not only AGAINST the others. You also need - like fischfix sayed - to play WITH them to have a chance to win. So.. it´s like counterstrike? =)

In that sense you could have a 500 mile race down a wide straight road, it would get tedious very quickly, so add an unchallenging pair of flat out left handers :doh:

oval racing
(140 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG