The online racing simulator
Mod Tracks
(43 posts, started )
Quote from Racer Y :I haven't gotten Rockingham yet, Is it good? Don't spoil it for me...I kinda hope it sucks, so I can whine about it Razz?

The fast right-hand off-camber sweeper in the National layout gives me warm fuzzies Big grin
I hope too that the 2 other tracks Eric is building are containing at least a pure gravel track Smile
An ice track (Trophée Andros) would be a great addition too.
Add to this rain and snow (why not ? Tongue ), and then I am sure it can be open to modding after LFS team has added like 10 more cars for S3.
... this sounds like lots of work, but no-one knows how advanced the game is already in the hands of the Team ^^
I am not too convinced the Team should make the police on modded content : this is work to be done, and everybody will agree that it has not to be done for free. Would you like to pay for an approved stamp on a converted content maintained or not by the author/converter ? I am not sure I would.
On the other hand, I am not against DLC, like Sx stages are currently. So if the Team is willing to create an S4 stage in the future, like it was initially planned, count me in.
NB : I already stated that I am ready to pay 1k€ for a laser-scanned Nordschleife in LFS Big grin
Crowdfund scanning favorite track for use in LFS?
Quote from Flotch :
NB : I already stated that I am ready to pay 1k€ for a laser-scanned Nordschleife in LFS Big grin

Flotch, if you have that sort of money to spend get onto the guys that scans tracks and actually see how much it would cost and if whoever owns the track will allow it to be scanned, then start the crowdfunding and kickstart it?
The request to include the Nordschleife in LFS as been discussed a lot. And knowing the end result and quality LFS devs have shown to us since the begining, I have always stated that if they want to include the famous track inside I would pay them for doing such accomplishment !
Laser scanned tracks..... How about one for the rally cars? Yeah. The Baja 500.
One of the things that the Rockingham addition has done is make me wonder who it is that designs race tracks.
As far as mods goes.... I'm happy with the tracks and cars. Don't really feel the need to fool with whatever mods are out there already. But if they just have to mod something in LFS, then how about putting a working train in So. City? That would be cool.
@ Flotch:
"The request to include the Nordschleife in LFS as been discussed a lot."
You're right. It has. And over the years, I've noticed it's usually you that brings it up Smile
Yeah, that would be a cool track. I bet a major hassle to scan and map out though. I wonder if surveyors would be of any use in modeling real tracks?
I actually know a guy that used to design race tracks. Yeah I met him at the bar after work one night. He told me he designed race tracks. Sounds cool huh? I thought so. He designed drag strips. He hated it. It was a real dead end job. And he quit doing it. So I hadn't seen him in a few years and and I see him a couple a nights ago. He told me just quit his old job and is starting his new job. I asked what his old job was. He told me designing race tracks. I thought he hated designing drag strips and quit doing it. He told me he didn't design drag strips. He was designing Formula One tracks. He said for a while he thought his career was really going somewhere but that in the end all it was was one big circle of the same ol same ol. So he got a new job he's all excited about. Yeah. He designs parking lots for mega-churches.
Hey, my everyday job is laserscanning and processing pointclouds.
I would be very exited to scan any racetrack to lfs, but everything costs and this is pretty expensive job.
All of the stuff... vob mods etc, are forbidden only cause LFS is in beta or something (I think). So when LFS reaches 1.0, which may not happen (WE NEED MOAR DEVELOPERS!!! SCAWEN START HIRING WITH DA FORUMS!!!), we (might) get moddable stuffz (if i am right, which i probably am not)
The words you use are... brave?
a few years laet here tho but would it be impssible to make other surfaces for concreat slabs? so we atleast can make decent looking irl tracks
Quote from LUNDQUIST MOTORSPORT :a few years laet here tho but would it be impssible to make other surfaces for concreat slabs? so we atleast can make decent looking irl tracks

Yes, but Scawen has been talking more often in the last year about the possibility of making a Track Editor, and if they do it like a mod system it will be great. We do not know plans of developers for the next updates after the release of graphics on all tracks, nights and physics. It is likely that after these updates, developers can take up a new Track Editor system, since this is the most anticipated feature by most of players according to the poll.
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2022-11-02 104023.png
I think scawen is working on fixing or improving some of the major issues, before making the track editor.
Mainly Multithreading, which will make the game work at a better performance.
There was a few unofficial track mods over the years, some were pretty cool.
I see screenshots of the track editor for the first time, user interface is looks to be a as thoughtful for the user as the lfs editor. Cant wait for this Big grin
Attached images
cp_old.png
cp_new.png
cp_intermediate.png
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I see screenshots of the track editor for the first time, user interface is looks to be a as thoughtful for the user as the lfs editor. Cant wait for this Big grin

Most of the things you see is the debug menu for Scawen only.

Things we can notice

- We can add lamps
I assume that is just the track editor interface used by Eric - not intended to be released to the public.
Yeah, I always wondered how Eric or Scawen made all the tracks and cars back in the past. The answer is simple - Scawen made the car and track editors first. We are lucky that he decided to upgrate car editor a little bit and publish it. Same thing might happen for track editor as well. What I'm afraid of is that many moons may pass before we see someone make a track that is anywhere near as good as the LFS tracks..
Quote from rane_nbg :Yeah, I always wondered how Eric or Scawen made all the tracks and cars back in the past. The answer is simple - Scawen made the car and track editors first. We are lucky that he decided to upgrate car editor a little bit and publish it. Same thing might happen for track editor as well. What I'm afraid of is that many moons may pass before we see someone make a track that is anywhere near as good as the LFS tracks..

Word on that...
Quote from BeNoM :There was a few unofficial track mods over the years, some were pretty cool.

I'm not sure about this. There's been lots of re-texture mods over the years. I also recall one that allowed access to the unfinished roads of south city and one that was a mod for the autocross map that made it into a small mountain, but I have never come across any actual 'new tracks'.

Mod Tracks
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG