The online racing simulator
#26 - cuni
Got some logs from a few errors today.
CompletelyStoped.log and CompletelyStoped2.log means that the user interface stopped showing, had to restart lfs and monitor

errorsButrecovered.log was during a session where multiple times the interface was showing but no numbers displayed. Many errors of the type <class 'ValueError'>, ValueError("could not convert string to float: '--'")

Good luck
Hey, looking forward to trying this out!

also, Any way to customize size of the GUI screen? For some of us that don't have big screens? Big grin

Thank you.
Quote from SpEeDy A-M :Hey, looking forward to trying this out!

also, Any way to customize size of the GUI screen? For some of us that don't have big screens? Big grin

Thank you.

I'm looking at it right now. Are you using the windows display scaling option (like 125 or 150% or more)?
Quote from cuni :Got some logs from a few errors today.
CompletelyStoped.log and CompletelyStoped2.log means that the user interface stopped showing, had to restart lfs and monitor

errorsButrecovered.log was during a session where multiple times the interface was showing but no numbers displayed. Many errors of the type <class 'ValueError'>, ValueError("could not convert string to float: '--'")

Good luck

Thanks for the logs! I'm looking at...
The 'ValueError' errors are not necessarily serious (yes it can shock but it's a particularity of the language used where the try except are faster than the if...).
You seem to play with the keyboard, don't you ? (I had noticed a problem when you stay pressed on a key, I will already rectify that...)
#30 - cuni
Quote from KingOfIce :You seem to play with the keyboard, don't you ? (I had noticed a problem when you stay pressed on a key, I will already rectify that...)

Yes I play with mouse, I also noted a lot of entries in the log, category DEBUG saying 'a' key pressed, that's the accelerator. I thought you were monitoring which key was pressed in order to edit the UI (even if the Edit button was not pressed). If not, you should disable it reducing resource consumption.
yes, I thought to capture the keys only in "edit mode" but it means that we won't be able to move or hide the radar while running.
Hello,
New version today. Follow the link in the 1st post to get this version.

Release note:
1.0.0.7 - 20220606
[Fix] Gauge init when no value ('--')
[Improved] Predict : precise calculation now (old lap files il ./laps are backward compatible but may be erroneous, deletion recommended)
[Improved] keyboard capture only during 'Edit Mode'
[Improved] better display for some resolutions

Tip for this release:
- Only the exe changes so you can overwrite only it!
- Predict much more precise = the old laps saved in /laps/*.lap remain compatible but with less precise data, deleting these files is advised
#33 - cuni
Downloading!
------------------
A few moments later.....
------------------

Everything is working properly it seems, even when it goes down, it is able to pull itself backtogether working again.

FATAL INSIM ERROR : BUFFER SIZE - is this from the Monitor program?
Quote from cuni :Oh and when do we have to press the save button, per module when editing or when we finish editing the layout(1 time)? When the edit button is red or white? I just treat it like a cookie clicker

Both should work but when saving while in 'edit' mode, it will probably to be reloaded with the XX or in green...
Quote from cuni :FATAL INSIM ERROR : BUFFER SIZE

I don't know, I've never had this and don't know the possible reasons ("buffer" so too many insim requests!?). But since it's an 'insim' error, I guess it could be from Monitor...
Do you use other local insim applications ? Detect + Monitor ? Something special (session with a lot of players, remote server with bad ping, very busy network e.g. because of file copy or download, etc.)
Hi,

was using Monitor in this weeks RTFR on a custom layout (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/99115-282nd-RTFR)
and the insim would close everytime i'd start a new lap and reconnect 2-3 seconds after.

unfortunately don't have the log, sorry
latest version, no other local insim.
Okay, thanks. The layout hasn't been well tested yet, I'll focus on it as soon as I can.
#38 - cuni
Quote from KingOfIce :I don't know, I've never had this and don't know the possible reasons ("buffer" so too many insim requests!?). But since it's an 'insim' error, I guess it could be from Monitor...
Do you use other local insim applications ? Detect + Monitor ? Something special (session with a lot of players, remote server with bad ping, very busy network e.g. because of file copy or download, etc.)

I have noticed that just by loggin in a server with 20+ people (using mods) this always happens at start. It closes the connection and gets back up.

Same thing happened to me during racing (custom layouts), lap after lap the UI shuts of at finish line, restarts again right after. I am using all the features of detect & monitor, no other non official mods.

What I have found is that if I want the app to work correctly, I will just delete the folder, unzip a new one and edit the UI again. It usually lasts me for an afternoon.
Quote from KingOfIce :Okay, thanks. The layout hasn't been well tested yet, I'll focus on it as soon as I can.

Seems to be happening with any custom layout
is there a solution for this? gui looks static, but some stuff works, like changing from kph to mph or editing mode

Attached images
215tgwvsgvew.png
About rpm, kph and gear, It is clearly OutGauge that is misconfigured in cfg.txt !
Extract of readme.txt :
simple to install :
1.Add these Outgauge lines in your "LFS cfg.txt" file :
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

here's a log related to the insim crashing on custom layouts
Attached files
Detect&Monitor.txt - 111.4 KB - 134 views
Thanks for the log johneysvk, I will have a look.
For information, the "layout" version is in test in the team but the GUM enduro to come delays a little the release...
#44 - cuni
Is there a chance to add an engine damage monitor too?
As long as LFS does not provide the information, no! I won't hack the LFS memory to retrieve info.
(but this is an opportunity to ask @Scawen for a "damage" package or some damage info in the existing packages)
#46 - cuni
I'm sorry, I did not know this was a sensitive subject. Didn't mean to
Hi,

Thanks for your work this addon is a great help for me during the game.

I'm looking for a solution, to make it autoexecutable.
Here is my autoexec.lfs file:

/say /insim 29999
/exec "C:\Program Files (x86)\LFS\lfs_dm\Detect&Monitor.exe"

But If I start the game I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Detect&Monitor.py", line 2093, in <module>
File "Detect&Monitor.py", line 2088, in main
File "Detect&Monitor.py", line 1513, in __init__
File "Detect&Monitor.py", line 1675, in LoadConfigFile
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

After this, I'm able to start it manually, and works great.
Hope this help to make it more stable.
Quote from sHiFt3R :Hi,

Thanks for your work this addon is a great help for me during the game.

I'm looking for a solution, to make it autoexecutable.
Here is my autoexec.lfs file:

/say /insim 29999
/exec "C:\Program Files (x86)\LFS\lfs_dm\Detect&Monitor.exe"

I had the same problem. To solve it, you have to put Detect&Monitor in the same folder of LFS.

KingOfIce has explained it in post #12
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2004497#post2004497
-
(theytookourjobs) DELETED by theytookourjobs : problem solved
great app thank you
I noticed that when someone spectate or join the track, the "Time Diff" and the "Speed Diff" and the "Predict" overlays stop working, also sometimes "previous" and "next" overlays doesnt work properly.
Question, is the "Speed" tap shows the wheels speed or the car speed ?

"Monitor" - your time engineer ( © KingOfIce app )
(221 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG