The online racing simulator
So after i tested it again in the FM Fox Friday's race to give the tire temps and tire wear a shot, they worked very nice, and all the gadget worked great, but this time the app kept restarting every 2 - 3 laps, it was really annoying.
this is the log : https://files.fm/u/9gq49szpr
this is my mpr : https://files.fm/u/cmfpb8bxk
Quote from johneysvk :you sure you had the correct one?

it shows XX when it's selected, worked fine for me

yeah Smile aka i have new addons engine damage, clutch slip etc.

Normally once i edit and click (XX) i can hide it and no prob. this time i just stays there lol
New version available on the same link : https://kingofice.go.yo.fr/Detect&Monitor.zip

1.2.0.7 - 20220906
[Fix] Freezing of the displayed information when piting
[Fix] Front / rear tires sometimes reversed
[Improved] stability
[Improved] performances
[New] Evaluate gearbox max speed

And I saw the request several times so:

[Edit] you can unzip only the exe (if you already have the application: overwrite the previous exe file) !
Thanks for the app.. I've just downloaded it and I think the new zip file is missing files. When I launch the app it says it can't find the file
cars/all.car in that folder I only have mod_sizes.car
Quote from BriZz :Thanks for the app.. I've just downloaded it and I think the new zip file is missing files. When I launch the app it says it can't find the file
cars/all.car in that folder I only have mod_sizes.car

I have edited my post because :
[Edit] you can unzip only the exe (if you already have the application: overwrite the previous exe file) !
and zip file updated with the missing all.car file.
I wanted to try this but i get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Detect&Monitor3.py", line 2598, in <module>
File "Detect&Monitor3.py", line 2593, in main
File "Detect&Monitor3.py", line 1993, in __init__
File "Detect&Monitor3.py", line 507, in StartInsim
KeyError: 'Licence name'
Ok, I updated LFS to 0.7D and it works now. I had 0.7B2 before and it didnt work.
Hello,
For your information:
1- I just realized that Clutch slip and Engine damage are wrong and give the values of the 1st car (yes, this is the developer's worry, to be all alone for his tests). I have just corrected and should make it available this weekend.
2- the recovery / display base was based on insim (normal). With the reading in memory, I am finalizing these actions in an independent thread (+ safe and + stable, less dependent on insim information arrivals)
Quote from NumberTwo :Ok, I updated LFS to 0.7D and it works now. I had 0.7B2 before and it didnt work.

Yes, as mentioned in the "Memory reading news" post (here : https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2014276#post2014276), memory reading is "version dependant" (but I will have a look because it should switch on outgauge normaly)
After playing with it a bit, i think i got just one suggestion.

Position list in races would be welcome adition, with live time gaps and pitstop info.
Hi, a suggestion - the tyre thickness is a bit too much info from my point of view, especially since you can see it (and tyre temp) for other cars in multiplayer.

at the very least i suggest removing the ability to see other's data
Quote from johneysvk :Hi, a suggestion - the tyre thickness is a bit too much info from my point of view, especially since you can see it (and tyre temp) for other cars in multiplayer.

I agree with that, it's a bit overpowered Big grin
Quote from johneysvk :Hi, a suggestion - the tyre thickness is a bit too much info from my point of view, especially since you can see it (and tyre temp) for other cars in multiplayer.

You're right, it has been removed in the last version.
[Edit] precision: this information remains available but is only displayed for his own player
how do you hide stuff like tyre thickness position, tried rightcliking and i think i tried everything and nothing is happening
Quote from WayBack :how do you hide stuff like tyre thickness position, tried rightcliking and i think i tried everything and nothing is happening

As for the others:
1- [Edit Mode]
2- Click on the 1st info line (under the name), the value should change to red "XX"
3- Uncheck "Visible"
4- [Edit Mode] to exit the edit mode (+ save for this car if desired)
thx will try again later and give feedback
Last version updated in the usual link (post 2).

1.2.0.8 - 20220913
[Fix] Engine damage and Clutch slip
[Fix] Some gauge sometimes disappear
[Fix] Ehead and Behind sometimes incorrectly reseted
[Improved] data recovery method (thread instead of insim triggering)

(you can overwrite only the exe if you already have the application)
Hi! I wanted to finally try it out for today's FBM Saturday, but noticed some kind of a bug:

The combo (track/car) is recognized wrongly, even though I am on official combo of AS3R/FBM. That causes several problems, including no fuel info and wrong RPM redlimit. See screenshot. This happened online, on the MRc FBM Saturday server.

Using newest version, 1.2.0.8. Restarted app once, while I kept LFS running and on server, didnt fix Frown

EDIT: I looked at the logs, it seems that it recognizes AS3R/FBM internally, but widgets don't reflect that Frown

2022-09-17 20:09:14,974 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:581 - etat_actif()] ISP_STA 0
2022-09-17 20:09:14,974 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:640 - etat_actif()] Flag: PAUSED=False, GAME=True, REPLAY=False, DIALOG=False, MPSPEEDUP=False, SHOW_2D=True, FRONT_END=False, VISIBLE=True
2022-09-17 20:09:15,453 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:727 - new_player()] ISP_NPL: 78-b'^0R^2G^0^^^3Mandula'
2022-09-17 20:09:15,453 - INFO - [Detect&Monitor3.py:748 - new_player()] NPL - LFSMemTyreList ((160, 198, 115, 17)/(192, 212, 115, 17)): [0, 1, 2, 3]
2022-09-17 20:09:15,453 - INFO - [Detect&Monitor3.py:1683 - LoadPredict()] Load predict
2022-09-17 20:09:15,454 - INFO - [Detect&Monitor3.py:1697 - LoadPredict()] Load Predict AS3R_FBM
2022-09-17 20:09:15,454 - INFO - [Detect&Monitor3.py:762 - new_player()] Load car size FBM
2022-09-17 20:09:15,459 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:581 - etat_actif()] ISP_STA 0
2022-09-17 20:09:15,460 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:640 - etat_actif()] Flag: PAUSED=False, GAME=True, REPLAY=False, DIALOG=False, MPSPEEDUP=False, SHOW_2D=True, FRONT_END=False, VISIBLE=True
2022-09-17 20:09:16,289 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:789 - bye_player()] ISP_PLL: 78
2022-09-17 20:09:16,297 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:581 - etat_actif()] ISP_STA 0
2022-09-17 20:09:16,297 - DEBUG - [Detect&Monitor3.py:640 - etat_actif()] Flag: PAUSED=False, GAME=True, REPLAY=False, DIALOG=False, MPSPEEDUP=False, SHOW_2D=True, FRONT_END=False, VISIBLE=True

EDIT 2: during the race, I noticed the combo was suddenly right (AS3R/fbm), but still had no fuel data, so they might be irrelevant, dunno.
Attached images
Screenshot 2022-09-17 193259.png
Hello !
Thanks Mandula. I can't reproduce but indeed, the right file has been loaded so as you say, it's rather a widget update problem (loopingz told me the same problem, I have to reproduce...).
For the other problem, if combo ok + fuel ko, probably an insim restart (error, disconnection, etc.).
I try to stabilize a bit more with each release, I hope it will be soon enough.
Not a big deal for the widget. This one could be useful as temporary like show for 3min at the beginning or show only in pits...
I noticed something on lap preview. It does not keep best lap prediction. Yesterday AS2/fxr I had my best lap possible only by session...
Hello guys !

Last version updated in the usual link (post 2).

1.2.1.0 - 20221005
[Improved] Redesign of the connection system to LFS (insim), not so good before (based on my first insim tests)
[Improved] No more use of mci packets (info from all players in game), use of memory data => faster and less consuming
[Improved] Fuel related calculations
[Improved] Predict info (display, values, stability...)
[Improved] Ahead / Next accuracy
[Improved] Dedicated update rate per info
[Improved] Position adjustment of the square representing our car in "radar" mode
[Removed] Outgauge usage

(you can overwrite only the exe if you already have the application)
And enjoy it because even if it doesn't look like it will happen soon, Scawen's news about his current modifications (multi-threading) means that I'll have a hard time finding all this information in memory again...
help!
Quote from KingOfIce :Hello,
it's because the application directory is not the active directory so the application can't find its config file (I'll see if I can get the cfg file differently, maybe it would work with a .bat : cd directory then launch exe)

Hi,
I encountered a issue when I downloaded the application, extracted it and followed the steps listed in the "Read Me.txt". I copy and pasted >
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0
> to the cfg file and afterwards typed in "/insim=29999" in LFS. But when I go and launch the application, it gives me the following;

then

The application is in the same local folder as LFS. Im not entirely sure what the issue is, it would be great if you could help me resolve it. Thanks for your time!
Thanks for the update. It would be nice not to crash when launching detect first...
@3rdGear, I don't know this dll specifically but I will have a look tonight!
@loopingz, I will see what I can do. D&M is now based on memory reading so normal to crash if it is not launched (I will look into adding a wait loop).

"Monitor" - your time engineer ( © KingOfIce app )
(221 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG