The online racing simulator
What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Do you think Russia has the right to invade / defend Ukraine?

No
Yes
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :Yes, just like I said.
Therefore, I singled out the full phrase "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!"

Yes i know that if glory to the heroes is also said with it then it can be linked to the nationalist, its something that i and others never add to slava ukraini.

dfgjkl was trying to imply that by me saying Slava Ukraini it was used in the same tone as by the nationalist, where it quite obviously is a different thing since it was used long before.
Quote from bishtop :Yes i know that if glory to the heroes is also said with it then it can be linked to the nationalist, its something that i and others never add to slava ukraini.

dfgjkl was trying to imply that by me saying Slava Ukraini it was used in the same tone as by the nationalist, where it quite obviously is a different thing since it was used long before.

I don't agree with dfgjkl on many issues, I think you could see me arguing with him. But he's too brainwashed. I don't want to waste my time on it. but rather spend time on a person who knows how to listen and analyze, which you seem to me so far. I see that you have studied Wikipedia, but here you already need to have real experience in communicating with Ukrainians.
But I can't argue with this fact about which you write, just because I talked to many Ukrainians and saw many Ukrainians from outside. I speak Russian as my native language like all Ukrainians (or almost all idk). Many just do not say "Glory to Ukraine" in the first place. But when they say this, I have not yet seen a Ukrainian who would condemn the phrase "glory to the heroes." Most Ukrainians (I would say all of them, to be honest.) saying "Glory to Ukraine" expect to hear "Glory to the Heroes" in response. But I'm not saying that this immediately means that they are nationalists. Maybe some of them don't know what they're talking about. Someone is trolling. Etc.

For example, the top Ukrainian blogger EeOneGuy (17m subscribers on youtube) who made his content in Russian (all kinds of children's content, like minecraft let's play, all sorts of slimes and challenges) He thinks that Bandera is a cool guy. And this is not only EeOneGuy, this is an opinion that was shared by many Ukrainians before this situation. But here the propaganda of the state is already involved, which brainwashed many that Bandera is just a dude who fought for peace in Ukraine through her freedom, againts Hitler and communists..So ukranian propaganda making Bandera a good guy now.

And it's not just in the media. Streets are named in honor of Bandera, many monuments are erected to him. And there really is a big movement in support of Bandera. But since the representatives of this movement believe that since they are for Bandera, this does not mean that all of them automatically mean that they are against the Russians. Although this is a more complex issue. And the radical part of the nationalists is also there.
Quote from bishtop :Slava Ukraini it was used in the same tone as by the nationalist

oh..sorry. I didn't read it right. You spoke about the same tone, (I thought about the same full phrase) yes, most likely you are right. This is not the same tone as the nationalists in those times. obvious

upd: unless it's being said by radical nationalists or Nazis. Which are a minority in the modern bandera movement.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :oh..sorry. I didn't read it right. You spoke about the same tone, (I thought about the same full phrase) yes, most likely you are right. This is not the same tone as the nationalists in those times. obvious

upd: unless it's being said by radical nationalists or Nazis. Which are a minority in the modern bandera movement.

Its not a problem Thumbs up

Respect to you

Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I don't agree with dfgjkl on many issues, I think you could see me arguing with him. But he's too brainwashed. I don't want to waste my time on it.

I agree , i was told earlier on in the topic that i was wasting my time, i just never listened. He cannot be blamed i know, its just very unfortunate

You though my friend seem like a very thoughtful and honest friendly person. Respect for that.

Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :
I see that you have studied Wikipedia, but here you already need to have real experience in communicating with Ukrainians.

I have a a good deal of experience with some Ukrainian people, the only reason i post wikipedia or other links is for the chance for other's to read to get some context to what i say without me having to write a big post on here. My issue is i'm an analayzer/analyst but not a very good writer, as in id tend to write such a big post which would then lose the meaning i was intending to put across to others.

I know that with Ukraine there's some questionable things, such as the use of those with the idealogy of the Asov battalion and the example you gave with EeOneGuy ,we all have these type of people, the Uk, USA and Russia all have people with Nationalist beliefs, what i have always summed up though is they don't amount to the reason for war. If they went on to commit crimes like Hitler had done then it would start to be a different story.

I could see that its easy for others to also say glory to the heroes without understanding or knowing the link with the past, and with only being meant at honouring those fighting for them.

dfgjkl linking my glory to Ukraine to nationalism is like some are trying to link the letter Z being used on tanks as being half swastikas, whilst there may be similaraties, people will always try to find a link to something sinister even though they're wrong.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I don't agree with dfgjkl on many issues

а именно?
namely?

Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :againts Hitler and communists..

EeOneGuy не знаю кто это.Это он такое сказал? что прям против гитлера ? Smile
EeOneGuy don't know who it is. Is that what he said? what is directly against Hitler?
Quote from bishtop :...Asov battalion...If they went on to commit crimes like Hitler had done then it would start to be a different story...

I will answer you super short - this is exactly what happens and for this reason
Quote from dfgjkl :I will answer you super short - this is exactly what happens and for this reason

Only you think that happens then, always back accusations up with evidence, if anything it shows that you make light of the crimes that hitler commited, Putins not even accused Ukraine of mass genocide and only of nazification within ukraine so you're all alone there. Uh-hu

Such as you attempting to take my saying of Glory to Ukraine as nationalism, while its a sentence that was around before nationalism, and first used in the Ukrainian War of independence between 1917 to 1921.
I've no doubt you will ignore this though as whenever proven wrong, you just move on to some other baloney.

Quote from dfgjkl :а именно?
namely?

EeOneGuy не знаю кто это.Это он такое сказал? что прям против гитлера ? Smile
EeOneGuy don't know who it is. Is that what he said? what is directly against Hitler?

Been using google translate again i can see Face -> palm

Numerous times you've spread false lies here that have been proven wrong. Its pointless trying to have a rational conversation with someone that does not want to see or speak the truth. Thumbs up

Good day to you
Quote from dfgjkl :29 countries disagree with you

None of them countries have stated they believe that. Also why skip past all the post that have shown that you was wrong.

For example my use of Slava Ukraini, which was first used in the Ukrainian War of independence, and nothing to do with nationalism.

You see it takes an open mind to see facts and your's is not open.

Here is the real map showing who supports putin

I know its too late for you to see the truth, some things just can't be changed.
Please remember that I am against all war's, no matter who is carrying them out. And if you want a war crime, then try to remember this one and apply the same rules.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ ... 20by%20American%20forces.

Now, lets try to all calm down here please.

Most of you are talking past each other and that isn't going to achieve anything.

For those from the West, it's important to realise that Ukraine is not one country, it's made up of regions who feel differently about this situation.
The following gives a short history of the Ukraine, this may help some of you understand the political situation.
https://youtu.be/YmjM8mnJv6M?l ... zKC-Ss6lK4JUfx0ynfYVcLUe4

Yes, the war is completely wrong and a diplomatic solution is a far better choice than ramping up the conflict by providing weapons, that worked really well in Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan...., insert Western War here....
Quote from Racer X NZ :Most of you are talking past each other and that isn't going to achieve anything.

This is true.

I think the thread is not much more than bickering now and all that can be said has already been said. So ongoing posts mostly repeat or refer to previous posts.

The thread was intended to be a place for our community members to discuss this sad and needless war. There is nothing good about it, and no valid justification for such aggression. The same can be said for nearly all wars.

Useful information was exchanged and it helped some of us learn. Thank you for that.

I'll close the thread as the conversations are no longer helping.
This thread is closed

What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG