The online racing simulator
Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
Quote from VladM :...
I think this will help differentiate between actual good mods that have been review bombed and mods that are bloated in rating.

This would make ratings a little bit more transparent without exposing individuals with usernames for sure. Over at Discord we also had the idea of letting only those rate, who downloaded the mod (or to make it more strict, if there is reliable data, make them try it out by creating a limit of travelled distance, maybe some Km's, before allowing them to rate the mod).
Would be nice to see some form of paintbrush like tool which can just paint the mapping and texture quickly rather than selecting individual triangles then setting the texture, also if you could go to the right-side view perspective and select only the triangles in view I think I would prefer to deselect the extra triangles than clicking every one individually, facing option doesn't really work in the case as it just selects everything facing you. I think this would save people a lot of time just doing the mapping for the skin, you could just easily work on the mapping first and recolour anything else afterwards. /shrug
Would it be possible to add a "reload" button for the skin page? its quite annoying having to make 2-3 different files because the skin wont reload after making changes.
Quote from VladM :Would it be possible to add a "reload" button for the skin page? its quite annoying having to make 2-3 different files because the skin wont reload after making changes.

If you are talking about the editor, there is a "reload textures" button in the bottom right corner.

If you are talking about in LFS, there is a reload button in the new Skin Viewer screen, that is specially designed to help you work on skins.
Quote from Scawen :If you are talking about the editor, there is a "reload textures" button in the bottom right corner.

If you are talking about in LFS, there is a reload button in the new Skin Viewer screen, that is specially designed to help you work on skins.

Thank you, I feel like a dummy now knowing that button existed Smile
Good that it works now that you know it! Smile

These things are not always easy to see if you don't already know where to look! Big grin
Ability to sort mods by "downloads" in the mod selection menu so that people can quickly find the mods that are most popular and well received.
Quote from martin18 :I been asking for layout edit objects for a while, I’ll just say this they too busy right now with mods system fixes, modeler system, online server system, and on top of that working on the official new game with night mode, new track looks, and tire physics.

I’d love things like grass, more signs like stop signs or street lights, apex, better concrete objects

Having the ability to create our own objects... Maybe without a size limitation... And the new layout track.... Would open up for quite a lot of possibilities... Basically, actual custom tracks
When I see mods downloaded more than 10 000 times with less than 60 votes... @Scawen, what do you think about a pop-up voting system (insim button?) when you finish using a mod you didn't vote for ? (back to the pit for example)
(a bit drastic but if it allows to get more ratings... And sorry if already proposed)
I suggest people who upload their mods, attach the wireframe of the model, in case any changes are made through the 3dsmax Pro optimizer for example, attach them before and after using the tool
Since car setups for mods can be uploaded, it would be cool if they showed up on the vehicle mod page
Attached images
Capture.PNG
Quote from johneysvk :Since car setups for mods can be uploaded, it would be cool if they showed up on the vehicle mod page

Is there any place where we can find those uploaded mod setups?
Quote from JMiquel :Is there any place where we can find those uploaded mod setups?

not as far as i can tell, i only noticed a bunch because they were in the latest uploaded section.
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Quote from johneysvk :Since car setups for mods can be uploaded, it would be cool if they showed up on the vehicle mod page

That's added. E.g. https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/F3430A?setups

I see a fair amount of mod setups in the database, but unfortunately a lot of them are private, so you won't see many mod setups, unless ofc you have access to the private ones. But with this addition that might convince some people to upload as / change them to public.
Ok, thanks
Quote from Victor :That's added. E.g. https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/F3430A?setups

I see a fair amount of mod setups in the database, but unfortunately a lot of them are private, so you won't see many mod setups, unless ofc you have access to the private ones. But with this addition that might convince some people to upload as / change them to public.

Thank you Smile hopefully it will
Quote from terga :...increase the upper caster limit ... only 6 degrees. It's also less than some real cars are capable of.

I vote for it, even regular everyday normal e34 has caster almost of 8 degreesNod
Attached images
caster.jpg
E34 has a McPherson front suspension if i'm not mistaken, it's possible to recreate the amount of caster by adjusting the thrust bearing backwards Smile
Quote from terga :Hello!

Would it be at all possible to increase the upper caster limit for double wishbone suspension? I feel like i can not get the right steering feel and response out of some racing cars with only 6 degrees. It's also less than some real cars are capable of.

U can adjust caster by adjusting Half Upright Lenght and Upper/Lower Arms Lenght.
Caster in setup is more for correction and real caster can be different. Look at suspension diagrams, not setup values.
Quote from versiu :U can adjust caster by adjusting Half Upright Lenght and Upper/Lower Arms Lenght.
Caster in setup is more for correction and real caster can be different. Look at suspension diagrams, not setup values.

This is caster. You can't change that angle with arm lengths. I think you're thinking of camber.
Quote from terga : I think you're thinking of camber.

No.
Arm lenghts and half upright changes steering knuckle geometry a bit.

Look at screens...
Attached images
Zrzut ekranu (747).png
Zrzut ekranu (748).png
Quote from versiu :No.
Arm lenghts and half upright changes steering knuckle geometry a bit.

Look at screens...

Ah fair, i missed that! Still a way's off realistic values for most racing cars, but at least it's something to work with
Thank you for all the suggestions. A lot of them, especially from the early days, have been implemented.

I've gone through and moved suggestions that still seem relevant to two new threads:

Mods System Suggestions (system and vehicle features)
LFS Modeller Suggestions (object modeller only)

I'll now close this old thread.
This thread is closed

Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG