The online racing simulator
I propose to make different attachment points for the levers for a double wishbone suspension, many cars in reality have different attachment points and, accordingly, the length of the levers (upper and lower). It is the same with the height, it is actually different for some cars, but in the Editor the height and width change together, and not separately, as it should be. This would add more realism to the car's behavior.

I also wanted to say about sports tires. Is this considered semislicks or not? If not, then I suggest adding a semislick, average in grip between sports and slick tires.
More and more I find that having the spindle offset forward or backwards to adjust the trail independently of the caster is a missing essential piece to accurately replicate many real life car suspension geometry. I see you do have the option on the motorcycle forks, but we could definitely use it on the cars as well.
I suggest to make a possibility of creation of a motorcycle with a crable, with a possibility of installation of a drive on a crable, as well as a possibility separately to move a wheel on a crable.
For example:
Quote from luckylucky550400345 :I suggest to make a possibility of creation of a motorcycle with a crable, with a possibility of installation of a drive on a crable, as well as a possibility separately to move a wheel on a crable.
For example:

+1. Also racing with those is absolute madness! Crashes are rather... spectacular
@scawen, the possibility of a hybrid system and push to overtake feature to make my lmp truly an lmp1 is it likely?, please and thanks.
Quote from ELDemon :@scawen, the possibility of a hybrid system and push to overtake feature to make my lmp truly an lmp1 is it likely?, please and thanks.

I had created a topic about this, hybrid systems would be very interesting, in addition to the CVT transmission, since many hybrid street cars use this type of transmission. :-D
Quote from Flayer :I had created a topic about this, hybrid systems would be very interesting, in addition to the CVT transmission, since many hybrid street cars use this type of transmission. :-D

I was thinking about the boost stuff too. I kept drafting amessage buit I couldn't figure out exactly how to say it. Back in the day there used to be a hack that used a negative handbrake value as a speedboost. I wonder if something like that could be abused. Replace handbrake with hybrid boost.
Quote from luckylucky550400345 :I suggest to make a possibility of creation of a motorcycle with a crable, with a possibility of installation of a drive on a crable, as well as a possibility separately to move a wheel on a crable.

I would like to support sidecars at some time!

I must say, I've never heard it called a 'crable' before though. Smile

But of course you make me think of this. Would we need a multiplayer link so one person could race as 'passenger' ? Big grin

Actually maybe the driver can operate the passenger using a left-right weight distribution control that could also be useful in other small vehicles and bikes...

Anyway this isn't happening any time soon but it's a nice thought.
Quote from Scawen :I would like to support sidecars at some time!

I must say, I've never heard it called a 'crable' before though. Smile

But of course you make me think of this. Would we need a multiplayer link so one person could race as 'passenger' ? Big grin

Actually maybe the driver can operate the passenger using a left-right weight distribution control that could also be useful in other small vehicles and bikes...

Anyway this isn't happening any time soon but it's a nice thought.

Yeah, it would be great Smile
rpm x100 tachometers?
Hello, i've been loving the mods system lately Smile
Wonder if we could have an option to switch tachometer ratios between rpm x 1000 and rpm x 100
like this:

would be a great detail Smile thanks for all the hard work lately, devs
When driver's seat is shifted to side by at least 0.200m, number of rear passengers is automatically increased to two, and at 0.350m and more up to three.

Okay, but there are cars with one seat for driver and two for passengers behind on sides. Can we be able to manually set X coordinates (and heading) and number of passengers?
#38 - UCHU
Dear Scawen,

Every turbocharged mod is spooling too fast. For example engine that revs up to 8000rpm can achive full boost pressure at 2500rpm.
Also boost is reached in very short time since full throttle is depressed. That makes engines feel very artifical. I trully beleve that "turbo spool" factor can be easly added, as XRR'S turbo lag is huge. I have been testing "turbo MOI Multiplier" and I can feel it only affects sound effect (like SHIFT+A turbine speed).
Would be great to have two diffrent factors, one for full boost at RPM, and second for turbo lag.

Thanks
We absolutely need lights/mirrors to work on subobjects, it's holding us back a bunch.
Here's my 1996 Peugeot SV moped with the lights NOT working on its steering wheel subobject.
Attached images
unknown.png
So, here are a few things that I personally would like to see in a mod system:

1. Different wheel offset for different configurations.
Sometimes, when making several body kits for a car, the wheel offset needs to be adjusted for each of them.

2. The ability to highlight some textures when the headlights are on. Relatively speaking - emissive. It would be nice to do this for the interior of your cars. By the way, this also applies to S_CLOCK - it would be cool to see how the dashboard lights up when the headlights are on.

3. Support for export from LFS Editor. It would be cool to be able to make AO maps for the body, make textures for the interior in Substance Painter. If you don’t add UV support from .mtl, then you can at least do this.

4. NORMAL CHROME!!!
Seriously dudes, now he looks as bad as possible
Quote from HighSpeedGarage :
4. NORMAL CHROME!!!
Seriously dudes, now he looks as bad as possible

It can look better, you just need to add a semi-transparent _ALP texture.
It would be cool to have S_CLOCK_ALP - a texture that performs all the functions of S_CLOCK, but does not have a black background. In this case, making dashboards would be much more convenient and they would turn out much more beautiful.
This is my list of requests, I added it to a new poll with other requests from here - https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/98163-Favorite-feature-request-in-mod-system-by-most-of-players

More configurations.
We currently have 4 configurations available. That's not much considering how many different bodokits options you can come up with.
I also know mod makers who created mod packs based on one car with dozens of different options, for expanding the body, bumpers, spoilers, hoods, all sorts of details, etc. And they are very indignant about only 4 options that need to be applied to one mod.

Mesh animation with collision.
Various animations that mod makers can add with collisions. i.e. adding animated collision objects that mesh can follow. Apart from the obvious things, like the levers, buttons, door, trunk, hood. For example, can be create a tow truck that can lift and carry a car on itself, or It will be possible to do with a attach trailer to the truck, or a lift, or even a crane.

Ability to change tire and tread marks texture.
Tire textures look a little too gray compared to the real world where they are blacker, In my opinion now it makes the car look worse. And this will allow the texture of the tread and tire marks to change.

Obj export from LFS Editor
also self explaining name.

Add New Modeling Tools.
I know some people who modelling mesh in the modeller, I don't know why, but I would like to make it easy for them. And that they have modeling tools that have become industry standard long time ago, such as, lup cut (in blender shortcuts - ctrl+r) normal extrude like in blender, bevel (ctrl+b) knife (K) and more hotkeys modelling workflow in general to speed up modelling. It is also not necessary to make a button in the interface for each tool limiting the view of viewport, it is enough to make one button that will show hotkeys for all other tools.

More driver animations.
To make the driver look more alive he need to gear change, pedaling, controll the levers and buttons. etc.

6, 8, 10 wheelers vihicle layout
For a greater variety of mods, and various vehicles such as multi-wheeled trucks, or for some fun cars.

Moveable Object vihicle layout (with animation)
Even if an object can move without an engine, for example, as a walk, this will help to make a variety of things realistic: people, animals, insects.

Merge the tri, point and build mode tabs.
This will make the modeller more user friendly. And make the selection divided by type point, edge, triangle (as in blender) so that you can assign materials and build a mesh in one tab.
0) In the MAP tab in Modeller when you hover over the map colour, the hint text appears that says:
"Ctrl+R to copy / Shift+R to paste"
IMO It may be confusing for some people, and should say:
"Ctrl+RMB to copy / Shift+RMB to paste"

1)
Undo
Redo
For all important actions in all Edotor inviorments, not only modeller.

2) Turn subs ON and OFF by clicking on them in the list: [M],[A],[B] etc. Sometines i don't need to see all the subs in selectet layer.

3) Subs naming and list. So we can easily navigate and scroll through model parts like we do in cutouts.
For exanple:
Chassis[M]
Body[A]
Headlights[A]
Steering[S]
CalipersF[B]
CalipersR[B]

4)
Allow to move spare wheel to left or right.

5)
Right now lowest tyre type is [Slick R4] and the highest is [Knobbly]. Isn't that opposite to real life logic? I always get confused when specify tyre type for my mod tests.

6)
Adjustable row order for default sets.
I want Stock to stand up in list. I have [Kyoto] (track set) first in list and [FS6R92A] (stock set) is second (i thought F goes berore K in Latin alphabet. Uhmm
Hello!

Would it be at all possible to increase the upper caster limit for double wishbone suspension? I feel like i can not get the right steering feel and response out of some racing cars with only 6 degrees. It's also less than some real cars are capable of.
Two more suggestions to the list:

- Option for naming attached objects. It's hard to remember, which "A" is which. Easier if names popup somewhere, when you press the the "A" object.

- More dashboard gauge/clock options, like changing the "s_clock_formula" background and symbol colors. Maybe include a digital time clock on it as well. I know it's based for formulas and they don't need a time clock, but I find it easier to check my revs and speed on the "s_clock_formula", rather than on the one's with analog tacho gauge.
Attachments to wheel object like brake calipers or mudguards but roating with them. That would allow to make cars with different front and rear wheels Tongue
Attached images
lfs_00000249.jpg
Maybe engine editor can be simplified with enter manual torque and power with rpm? So hard to adjust :s
New minor useful interior suggestion: Make s_info texture to show the local time zone. Rather than a fixed time zone.
Quote from versiu :Attachments to wheel object like brake calipers or mudguards but roating with them. That would allow to make cars with different front and rear wheels Tongue

it is already possible

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG