The online racing simulator
Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
[EDIT by Scawen: Suggestion for electric vehicles]

y the electric power was limited?

Max kw is 500 kw, Max torque is 1000 nM, it is nonsense, lots of electric hypercar can make much
more than that
I've renamed the thread as I think there will be too many threads if every suggestion has its own thread.
Quote from Scawen :I've renamed the thread as I think there will be too many threads if every suggestion has its own thread.

yes, it is.....

e.g.: a easier suspension design system
Attached images
下載.jpg
Quote from scania :easier suspension design system

What's hard in curent system? U have document about it ;p
Quote from versiu :What's hard in curent system? U have document about it ;p

can't set the actual length of arm & shock, and nothing can do on upright
Quote from scania :can't set the actual length of arm & shock, and nothing can do on upright

Yes, you can, in the suspension tab:

And you can move the pivot points in the Special draw mode (S).

Attached images
susp.jpg
Quote from scania :can't set the actual length of arm & shock, and nothing can do on upright

U have "arm length" in suspension tab.
Move thrust bearing point [T] (u can edit points after pressing S) to change shock length and add "Max Up" value to add travel.

U can see identical diagram in suspension edit tab... Just press shift + L
#8 - Sobis
Not sure if it fits here, but would it be possible to have a version history available on the "vehicle mods" page? Not saying that it should be required for mod devs to write something there but it would be interesting to see what has changes throughout versions, if the mod dev wants to share that.
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, you can, in the suspension tab:

b
but no actual position of pivot points & actual upright design
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, you can, in the suspension tab:

and then, this system is base on the point to found where the wheel is, however, normally we want to set the wheel position first & find the right pivot points
You are right that it is a bit tricky to use, because when you move the pivot point, the wheel moves, then you have to adjust the lengths of the parts to compensate.

It is possible to set it up as needed, just not easy to use. This is an example of a system that was originally designed for the developers to build a few cars. In recent months, I worked on a lot of things, but the simplicity of suspension editing has not reached the top of the list of things to do.

You can press SHIFT+L in the vehicle editor to see a 2D diagram of the suspension.
Would it be possible to get notifications when a mod is approved? Maybe just a thread somewhere that we could subscribe to.
What u would say about comment section for each mod?
Yep that would be cool.
Seria possível adicionar uma opção de válvulas variáveis ​​(Motor K20 da VTEC Honda, por exemplo) nas configurações do motor?
Algo que me permite aumentar o torque em uma determinada rotação (RPM).
Uma dica, por exemplo, seria negar o tipo de dano no motor ao atingir a rotação "X", melhorando assim o torque e, dito isso, a potência também
Attached images
lfs_00000376.png
Quote from LOXISLOXIS :Hi I wanted to propose to you to add a section where we want to put favorite mods.

Like - "name" / "date" / "rating" / "favorite"

I like this idea too. As the number of mods increases, it would nice to find our favourite ones quickly.
Do I need to manually delete older mods, that have been updated? UZM412 has been updated 11 times today
Attached images
Знімок екрана 2021-11-10 031329.jpg
We need some updated notes for each new version release.
Also, when a mod updates, it shouldn't jump to the first place when sorted by "date". Authors can "bump" their mod this way with no changes.
Quote from kagurazakayukari :We need some updated notes for each new version release.

I like this idea. The mod authors already have to fill a "review changes" text field - maybe all of the changes could also be visible on the mod detail page as "changelog".

Quote from Nadeo4441 :Also, when a mod updates, it shouldn't jump to the first place when sorted by "date". Authors can "bump" their mod this way with no changes.

I think it's fine like this, so updated mods get visible and aren't buried down there forever. If someone deliberately makes none or very small updates just to bump the car up on the list, then I think it shouldn't be accepted by the reviewers.
Quote from numbazZ :Do I need to manually delete older mods, that have been updated? UZM412 has been updated 11 times today

At the moment there is no automatic cleanup. I'm not certain what do do about that. In theory we could delete old versions after a day or so (it should stay while someone might still be online with the old version). But if you watch an MPR, it needs to load the correct version. So I don't want to be too hasty to delete old versions.

On the other hand, that car has been updated far too many times. It's quite annoying for reviewers to have to keep approving a car every time there is a tiny setup change. Really, people should make a list of required changes, take their time to do the changes and test offline. Then upload when they are happy, maybe the next day or whatever. Though there is obviously such a thing as the need for a quick fix. So we don't want to apply strong rules. Anyway, public mods only really got going yesterday. We are learning how this process goes in reality.
We are considering comments on the mod's page, that could notify the user. Not sure if it's the best way, or if it would be better to use forum functionality. But often on other sites where people submit work, comments on the special page are a good way to give feedback.
An idea I had when in early development was to create a public mod comments thread for each mod on the forum. All functionality we need is there already - subscribe, notifications, etc.

Then on the mod's details page, I can simply display the same thread with all the same functionality you find here on the forum. It would simply be a forum thread, just displayed on the mod's details page (as well as the forum).
Quote from Victor :An idea I had when in early development was to create a public mod comments thread for each mod on the forum. All functionality we need is there already - subscribe, notifications, etc.

Then on the mod's details page, I can simply display the same thread with all the same functionality you find here on the forum. It would simply be a forum thread, just displayed on the mod's details page (as well as the forum).

Yes, the resource manager in XenForo works very similar and it is quite ok. Thumbs up
This thread is closed

(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG