The online racing simulator
#1 - Don
Vehicle Editor Suggestions (excluding modeller)
EDIT by Scawen:

This thread is for suggestions regarding the Vehicle Editor and mod capabilities, including:
- engine editor
- dashboard editor
- animation editor
- configurations
- suspension

Please DO NOT post suggestions for the MODELLER in this thread.
If you have suggestions for the modeller (3D object modeller) please post them in LFS Modeller Suggestions

There is also another thread for the mods system, such as how it appears in game and on the website.
If you have suggestions for the mods system OUTSIDE editors, please post them in Mods System Suggestions

Original post by Don:

As I understood, the screenshot of the car for the mod page / screen ingame is automatically generated. Is there any chance to include a shadow of the car? Seems like a small detail but makes the car stick to the "ground" a lot better. Also changing the background behind the car to something more fitting to the rest of the page design would help. See attachment to better understand what I mean (left pic is old, right pic is what I suggest)
Attached images
LFS IDEA.png
You sure made that picture look nice!
will secondary powertrain & CVT transmission support in future?
Dear Scawen, thank you for allowing mods.
Can I have a question if it is possible (in the future) to add some things to physics? When I opened editor, first things that come to my mind was:
Option for locked centre differential, fast bump/rebound with threshold settings
Devs: can we please have rev bounce and rev limiter for launches added to engine modding. There was a lot of tweakers over the years that had both. Where you select what RPM it’s limited in neutral. And for rev bounce you select how many rpm’s bounce and how fast it bounces.
These are both highly wanted in the community for a long time specially for sound and for drag racing or drifting.

If it’s not too much work maybe add like vvti or vtec technology control so like when the power comes on at peak torque. This is less desirable but if you can easily make it that would be amazing!
#6 - BeNoM
Quote from martin18 :Devs: can we please have rev bounce and rev limiter for launches added to engine modding. There was a lot of tweakers over the years that had both. Where you select what RPM it’s limited in neutral. And for rev bounce you select how many rpm’s bounce and how fast it bounces.
These are both highly wanted in the community for a long time specially for sound and for drag racing or drifting.

If it’s not too much work maybe add like vvti or vtec technology control so like when the power comes on at peak torque. This is less desirable but if you can easily make it that would be amazing!

+1 for all the above, would be nice not to have to use RevBouncer alongside LFS.
In my opinion, it would be nice to add more configurations, I used all 4 of this, in my mod, which is very little for the ideas that I have. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1972068#post1972068
I also know mod makers who created mod packs based on one car with dozens of different options, for expanding the body, bumpers, spoilers, hoods, all sorts of details, etc. And they are very indignant about only 4 options that need to be applied to one mod.

It would be just as great for cruise servers to use the ability to tune and modify based on such models.

And not only for them, it would be useful to anyone who likes the mod, but does not like a particular detail or lacks something. And he can find this in other configurations
Developers:

Can we please allow engine weight adjustments on the mod system please. I’ve been trying to remake engines from original specs and I can’t. Example an LS3 engine weights 211KG and I put the engine size specs and everything and it automatically sets it to 300KG. This is an all aluminum block engine so it’s lighter then most V8. Also working on old 1920-1930s engines and they are supposed to be lighter and still not within spec.

We want quality mods. This will help
I could be able to turn on the lights on the steering wheel or handlebar submesh, I tried to make the headlight on a motorcycle and I couldn't get it to turn on, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I think that is the case at the moment, it doesn't work on moving subobjects. It's a good suggestion though!
#11 - HX7
One small suggestion : Can we have a clutch pack LSD(maybe we should call it ''Torque Sensitive LSD'' instead of ''Crown Gear LSD'' or ''TORSEN LSD'' in case of infringement?) for central differential ?
By the way, the current limit of front torque split range is a little exaggerating. The sensible value in real life is about between 30% and 70% (the value when slip-limiting torque has not come into play, we can call it ''basic value'' or ''static value'')
Hi, I have some wish list.

1. Many cars to this day have a dependent rear suspension and this is very lacking when modding.

2. In addition to the spring, there is also a ressor (muscul car) and a torsion bar

3. Transfer the light of the headlight from the glass to the reflector, for example HDR cubemap in the overlay mode on the main (world reflections).
This will create an incredibly realistic display of the headlights.
Make the glass of the rear lights translucent in multiplication mode.

4. Many cars have daytime running lights that turn on together with the ignition, why not add modes for this, for example, "Running lights" "Dimensions" "distant light"

5. It would be nice to somehow improve the sound system of the car, because it is very difficult to achieve similarity with another car, or you need the ability to record and process the engine of another car, for example, recording the engine and exhaust at different rpm.

6. Change the sound system of tires, because it can be influenced by the width of the wheel, the weight of the car and many parameters, not to mention the composition of the rubber, but this can be missed.

7. It would be nice to add the ability to make 3D levers and make them movable.

8. The ability to load a complete disc model, with, because now it is very difficult to create a stamped disc with 6 holes and 5 wheel nuts.
Quote from Vladimir_nose :1. Many cars to this day have a dependent rear suspension and this is very lacking when modding.

I'd also like to have this one - at leat two mods that I've published or I'm working on have solid rear axle in real life. Also other mods like the UF pickup truck or the box truck would benefit from that. However I don't know how much effort it would take to implement solid axle suspension in LFS, so it may not be high in the priority list for now. But it would be great nonetheless Smile
Would it be possible to add an option for over 100% parallel steering? Maybe 105%? This is not a super common thing to use in a real car but sometimes, especially in short track drifting it is utilized. I’ve also heard of it being used on formula cars occasionally on very high speed tracks.
#15 - HX7
Can you add an information bar to show the rotational inertia in the editor to make mass edit more intuitive?
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but the ability to have working mirrors on a steering wheel/handlebar subobject would be nice, as the mirrors for most bikes are on the steering wheel/handlebar
Hello,

I think editor need able to make different alternate setups with tyre/rim/engine/suspension eding.Example: If we made racing serie where is tyre limit, then modder can do alternate setup with 265/35-18 tyres. Or if we want "SUPER 2000" class, then modder can make different alternate setup with different engine.

Tyre variation like as GTR cars is also good idea.
#18 - R-to
Yeah, like tumes925semut says. We need in the lfs editor possibility to make different variations of the base car. So bring in the LFS Editor option that you can make different konfiguration of the same car.

Example if you have base car XRT 2.0 I4 RWD / 200hp 200nm / 225/50r17 / 1200kg. Then you can make new version of the same base car with drifferent tyres and engine power setup for different kinds of racig series. If the racings series (example super2000) ask 350hp/350nm - 300/35r17/18/19 - max soft tyres with 1100kg max wheigt and no wings. You can make of the base XRT version different version in the konfigurations and then you can chose SUPER2000 version of your XRT and go to racing in the series.

That is huge step for us if you make the tyre variation possible like in GTR car. So you can chose in the menu what tyres (example between: 225/50r17 - 355/35r17) you can use in the car what you have selected in the lfs editor for the konfiguration.

This kind of thing give us all change to compete in our own cars what we like to drive of the most.

In the future SLADI Masters and GRIP Masters racing serieses will be running only rules what cars can be and then everybody makes their own cars and come to race in the series.
Bikes, other 2 wheelers
As we can have fun races now with bikes even, could we have a special reset for those? Cool

We had a race and unlucky 4 of us were down close to each other, not being able to reset as we

could hit another vehicle. Frown If server settings could allow a "2wheelreset" it would be great. Thumbs up

Even better would be to have another setting as well, like "turnbike". Sometimes a bike faces a

wall or similiar after reset is done. Have a nice new year and enjoy LFS, greetings PVL. Wave
Quote from P V L :As we can have fun races now with bikes even, could we have a special reset for those? Cool

We had a race and unlucky 4 of us were down close to each other, not being able to reset as we

could hit another vehicle. Frown If server settings could allow a "2wheelreset" it would be great. Thumbs up

Even better would be to have another setting as well, like "turnbike". Sometimes a bike faces a

wall or similiar after reset is done. Have a nice new year and enjoy LFS, greetings PVL. Wave

I agree with PVL, would be nice, if servers had separate reset options for 3/4 wheels and 2 wheels.

About the bikes having difficulties when they are straight in a wall/fence. Its the exact same issue with karts.

Maybe there should be some type of special reverse gear for them (which sounds a bit awkward, but should be a big fix for all kart and motorcycle drivers).
Hi, Could do with a little adjust on car DIFF & Options

For example the Tommy28 (Brill Car) It need the option to set Just OPEN DIFF & LOCKED DIFF I believe this is not possible when designing the car
Quote from r3zp3k7 :I agree with PVL, would be nice, if servers had separate reset options for 3/4 wheels and 2 wheels.

About the bikes having difficulties when they are straight in a wall/fence. Its the exact same issue with karts.

Maybe there should be some type of special reverse gear for them (which sounds a bit awkward, but should be a big fix for all kart and motorcycle drivers).

A crawl "gear" of some sort. I was thinking about being added to the motorcycle's gearbox option so when you are in neutral, shifting up would go into that reverse crawl gear.
It's not mod system sugestion but each car mod is very different and when driving default cars one setting of FFB strenght is ok but mods requires changing it each time when changing car.
What about adding some sort of ffb multiplier slider in setup to change strenght per car or make main slider to work like that?
Quote from versiu :It's not mod system sugestion but each car mod is very different and when driving default cars one setting of FFB strenght is ok but mods requires changing it each time when changing car.
What about adding some sort of ffb multiplier slider in setup to change strenght per car or make main slider to work like that?

Except the way it works currently is realistic. Different suspension geometries will have varying forces through them.
Quote from gu3st :Except the way it works currently is realistic. Different suspension geometries will have varying forces through them.

I don't say it isn't realistic because it is but cheap wheels can't transfer that force to ur hand and there's a lot of FFB Clip. Also... Some cars IRL have power steering.
I think it should be option that user/driver can set himself, not by mod maker.

Vehicle Editor Suggestions (excluding modeller)
(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG