The online racing simulator
FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
Vehicle mod: FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/428604

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A formula car semi follow F1 2022 rules.

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A formula car semi follow F1 2022 rules.

engine: 1.6L V6 Turbo
transmission: 7 Speed Paddle shift
wheel: 18 inches rim, 305/405mm width, 720mm diameter
weight: 792kg(including driver according to 2022 rules)
fuel tank: 155L(no more than 145L during race), 4+ sec slower when full tank
0-200km/h: under 6 sec
configurations: Halo YES!, Halo NO!

Vehicle inspired by F1 2022 technical regulation demo car
-Downforce data by F1 2022 car CFD data from 2019 demo car code "Lima"
-Car size data from F1 2022 technical regulation
-Engine data from 2021 engine + 2/3 of MGU-K estimate power output

COVER SCREENSHOT:

Quote :Notice: This vehicle have the most downforce of formula cars in LFS. This car may not finishing multiple laps on certain tracks that feature many high speed corners due to current LFS suspension damage model problem.
For further information: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1978194#post1978194

Not sure if this is a limitation of the mod or LFS, but in VR I can tell that when I'm looking slightly left, the right mirror "turns off" (turns grey) and vice versa, making checking mirrors with peripheral bothersome. At the very least, it's distracting to see it happen.

As for the car itself, I'm enjoying it! (as someone who prefers street cars)
Quote from Zopiac :Not sure if this is a limitation of the mod or LFS, but in VR I can tell that when I'm looking slightly left, the right mirror "turns off" (turns grey) and vice versa, making checking mirrors with peripheral bothersome. At the very least, it's distracting to see it happen.

As for the car itself, I'm enjoying it! (as someone who prefers street cars)

Sorry but I've just tested with both halo and non halo version and mirror appears normal with my Quest 2. Probably need to asks Scawen.

Happy you enjoying itSmile
No problem. I'm using an Index so I think it has slightly wider FOV. It really is just in the periphery.
I love this mod. But please change the steering wheel according to this time.
-
(kagurazakayukari) DELETED by kagurazakayukari
Quote from SpeedDemonn :I love this mod. But please change the steering wheel according to this time.

I've changed the design of steering wheel and now it looks modern. Still something to work. However the screen you may have to rely on LFSLazy.
Aha! The mirror issue I'm having is when I lean forward or move the driver view forward to better match where my real wheel is. I think the mirror effect has a near clip/culling field that doesn't take into account wide FOV + near distance situations. The effect can be replicated even in flat screen by setting the screen FOV high and moving the Y offset to around 0.125m.

It would be nice if this could be "fixed" in LFS itself, but a workaround would be to move the mirrors further from the driver if it doesn't ruin the design.
Quote from Zopiac :Aha! The mirror issue I'm having is when I lean forward or move the driver view forward to better match where my real wheel is. I think the mirror effect has a near clip/culling field that doesn't take into account wide FOV + near distance situations. The effect can be replicated even in flat screen by setting the screen FOV high and moving the Y offset to around 0.125m.

It would be nice if this could be "fixed" in LFS itself, but a workaround would be to move the mirrors further from the driver if it doesn't ruin the design.

Unfortunately that will have some negative impact on cornering because of inadequate vision. The non-halo version using the original FO8 mirror position so that's work with that extreme? condition.Shrug
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Unfortunately that will have some negative impact on cornering because of inadequate vision. The non-halo version using the original FO8 mirror position so that's work with that extreme? condition.Shrug

Yeah, I figured something like that. It's just a quirk of the current LFS rendering which I'm forcing to do something it wasn't meant to.

That's probably one thing that these mods in general will do: expose elements of the sim that don't quite deliver the best experience when in conjunction with a wider range of vehicles/scenarios that it was never meant really have in the first place. Hopefully it can lead to small improvements being implemented here and there.
how i can download this mod?
-
(Aw3som3G4m3rzYT) DELETED by Aw3som3G4m3rzYT : i figured out how to download it
same???
Hey, can you help me? Im modding a car and i need a little bit help
Quote from PauloWill :Hey, can you help me? Im modding a car and i need a little bit help

How can you mod a car with demo license in the first place?
Quote from kagurazakayukari :How can you mod a car with demo license in the first place?

No problems, a haver another account with s3 license, i using this secondary only for text, you can help me?
Quote from Flame CZE :This is not the right thread to ask for general help with modding.

In the Vehicle Mods Forum there is a Mods Technical Assistance thread where you can ask for help with something specific.

Also, there are tutorial videos and guides about various editor features on the LFS Manual - LFS Editor Guides page.

The tutorials still have a lot of things that are missing to complete the mod, things that someone who already has an approved mod already has knowledge of how to do it, would like a directly contact by message with a modder
OK, I see. You can try sending a private message to him. Smile
his profile page isnt visible Frown
This car cannot handle KY Oval nearly at all. Right Side suspension is fragile.

Wasn't complaining, only informing
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :This car cannot handle KY Oval nearly at all. Right Side suspension is fragile.

Wasn't complaining, only informing

Yep. Waiting Scawen for fixing atm.
Does anyone think if downforce is too much for this car?
Cuz I actually tested with 2021 df level now

-Already reduced

-And more since 4/10/2022
Should be more than BF1 though definitely.
very fun car for hotlap, but cant do more than 4 laps on we2 without killing the suspension so, fun car but impossible to race with it
Skin suggestion
i have a suggestion can you make a skin of the W13 on your mod with the petronas logo Please Thanks
Attached images
index.jpg
3321708-67914428-2560-1440.jpg
index.jpg

FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG