The online racing simulator
May i suggest something?
UF1000 in 1300 version? UF1300S (scavier edition ^^)
thx for dirt tyre for GTR's!
Maybe 3 modes
GTR (original slicks version)
Drift (current FZR, 255front 275/285 rear XRR)
Hard track/Rally (current U20)
Lastest thought: I think only no downforce can save these slim tyres… each tyre now have to handle nearly 150% of its original force…
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Lastest thought: I think only no downforce can save these slim tyres… each tyre now have to handle nearly 150% of its original force…

indeed, the R2 tires are not suited at all anymore (did not test the other compounds, as I was more interested in street/Rx tires Tongue )...
Victor: I'm speaking with someone who's having problems starting up an lfs.net U0.6 host. They can select U19 and U is still in the list, but it gives an error message:

Attached images
Screenshot_2021-02-09_at_15.45.33.png
Screenshot_2021-02-09_at_15.36.37.png
I've tested 3 GTRs with ROAD_SUPER and R3 on BL1, FXR with Hybrid on BL3, and FXR with a suitable RX layout with no lap time data to keep driving based on feeling. All test did with full power GTRs. Conclusion: Maybe GT2/GT3 or no downforce is better.

Somehow I feel ROAD_SUPER is the most durable tyre, no car during testing are above 85c+. This may because BLW have no high speed corner and the car in corner behave similar to TBO class. The R3 slick however test are all end with tyre overheating. As for RX, FXR's slim tyre can barely hold 6 laps of driving, but it's enough for a normal 6 laps RX race. And when run in road tyres the most overheat part is sidewall.

When finished each run:

FXR RS 6 laps BL1 FI 85C RI 75C
XRR RS 6 laps BL1 FI 70C RI 75C
FZR RS 6 laps BL1 FI 70C RI 85C

XRR R3 6 laps BL1 FI 140C RI 115C
FXR R3 6 laps BL1 FI 150C RI 110C
FZR R3 6 laps BL1 FI 120C RI 155C

FXR HY 6 laps BL3 F 90C R 90C
FXR HY 6 laps BLN+J F 90C R 90C
Attached files
testu19blx.mpr - 1.9 MB - 185 views
With the H-pattern gearbox for the RX version of XRR, the single XRR.lfs script for that car is no longer applicable for both configs. The gearbox settings have to be changed manually when switching between the configs.
Quote from elputas :Yesterday was doing tandems Xrr vs Fzr on a well balanced setups. Cars are very similar in speed and grip, Scawen did great job! The only issue left to my opinion is tyre overheating. I own a 460hp drift car and brand new semislicks can last much much longer in rl. But quick tip for you all: fronts on Supers, rears on Normals😉 good handling and longer lasting rears

Not sure how changing the front tires to supers would create closer tandems. Did you also do some restriction/ballast changes on FZR?

I'm still convinced that matching 285 rears for XRR would be better, as FZR just walks away from XRR in the tandem. This would also help against the fast tire wear problem as the thicker tire takes longer to wear out. (FZR still wears out fast, but not nearly as fast as XRR.)

Quote from martin18 :Maybe 3 modes
GTR (original slicks version)
Drift (current FZR, 255front 285 rear XRR)
Hard track/Rally (current U20)

I still see this being the best solution all around. I understand that drifting wasn't the main focus with this patch, and with this idea suggested it still isn't.
In the end drift cars require different specs than more grip focused cars.
I know that you probably haven't drift tested the cars yourself Scawen but this idea is aligned with all of the feedback I've heard from my many associates I drift the most with.
Hi scawen, clutch issues on fzr also Smile
First thing I noticed was just when watching the cars race, it is hard to tell who is on what tyres. It'd be nice to have that information in the F11 menu as well (not sure if it is part of Insim). That'd make it easier to monitor/admin the race.

EDIT: I just realised the F9 menu gives it away pretty clearly - still it'd be nice to have a clear entry in the menus.

Other then that it is fun to play around at this stage. The RX versions could provide some different flavour of racing and might make the restricted GTRs more different/interesting to drive as well. However, I did too little GTR racing in the recent years to be a good testimonial. I hope others have more input. Smile
Quote from Degats :Victor: I'm speaking with someone who's having problems starting up an lfs.net U0.6 host. They can select U19 and U is still in the list, but it gives an error message:

Ah, he ran into a bug, indeed. It's fixed now.

Thanks for the report.
Quote from TFalke55 :First thing I noticed was just when watching the cars race, it is hard to tell who is on what tyres. It'd be nice to have that information in the F11 menu as well (not sure if it is part of Insim). That'd make it easier to monitor/admin the race.

InSim has all the tyre data and the new car config at least.

What seems to be missing from InSim currently is the fuel level.
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Reduce your mouse sensetivity

And how I am supposed to do that? I can't find any setting. Also I can't reduce my DPI because I already use it on minimum.

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :You can also increase Analog Steer Smooth which can leave the steering close to what you are used to without changing sensitivity. But that is per personal preference.

This doesn't change the sensitivity and adds a delay while steering
Quote from R0ut66 :And how I am supposed to do that? I can't find any setting. Also I can't reduce my DPI because I already use it on minimum.

Use Wheel / Joystick and assign Mouse X to Steer and then decrease the multiplier (default x1.0).
-
(Kristelis) DELETED by Flame CZE : Not related to the test patches
Thank you all for the testing and feedback.

Quote from tumes925semut :Need make that page thin.

Thanks, I'll change the Brakes / TC tab to two columns.

Quote from Flame CZE :With the H-pattern gearbox for the RX version of XRR, the single XRR.lfs script for that car is no longer applicable for both configs. The gearbox settings have to be changed manually when switching between the configs.

I haven't checked this out yet but how about if the scripts sequential.lfs, road.lfs and paddle.lfs were run directly (not from another script) depending on the actual shift type after the car is loaded? And these specially named scripts would need to be excluded from being run by a /run command so they don't get run from the existing CAR.lfs scripts?

Quote from ELDemon :Hi scawen, clutch issues on fzr also Smile

I did a quick test with the FZR and didn't see clutch issues.
Can you describe exactly how to reproduce an issue?

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :my test went off to a great start in garage (FXR) which inside the garage had totally flat tires. they literally sweep the floor. this was with a normal lfsw setup, normal config as i havent changed anything yet. just logged in and went into garage. and there they were simply totally flat.

I'd like to know how to reproduce this. Can you make it happen again? If so please describe exactly how, and attach the setup if this happens with a specific setup.
Quote from Scawen :I haven't checked this out yet but how about if the scripts sequential.lfs, road.lfs and paddle.lfs were run directly (not from another script) depending on the actual shift type after the car is loaded? And these specially named scripts would need to be excluded from being run by a /run command so they don't get run from the existing CAR.lfs scripts?

That sounds like a reasonable solution to me, to run the shift type script before the car script directly.
Everything is very beautiful
Can rx / drift option be added for formula cars?
Also new handbrake support can be added to rx option in formula cars.

Intake restriction: -50 / +50
Added mass: -200 / +200
extra settings can be added

The training option in the game can be registered for accounts. We can see our abilities in profile options.
Quote from EfsaneTosun :Everything is very beautiful
Can rx / drift option be added for formula cars?
Also new handbrake support can be added to rx option in formula cars.

Intake restriction: -50 / +50
Added mass: -200 / +200
extra settings can be added

The training option in the game can be registered for accounts. We can see our abilities in profile options.

You will not be drifting open wheelers.
Ofc no xdd drifting open wheelers gg.
Drift whit xrr
Quote from Flame CZE :That sounds like a reasonable solution to me, to run the shift type script before the car script directly.

It looks quite safe as the existing CAR.lfs script is run after the car is fully loaded, so all information is available to run both appropriate scripts one after the other.

Is it important which order the scripts are run? CAR.lfs or shifttype.lfs first?
Scawen already added too much options for drifters
When something cool for racers?
Quote from Scawen :It looks quite safe as the existing CAR.lfs script is run after the car is fully loaded, so all information is available to run both appropriate scripts one after the other.

Is it important which order the scripts are run? CAR.lfs or shifttype.lfs first?

I would say it's more convenient to call shifttype.lfs first, which will allow to override some car-specific bindings in the CAR.lfs file if needed.
Quote from Flame CZE :I would say it's more convenient to call shifttype.lfs first, which will allow to override some car-specific bindings in the CAR.lfs file if needed.

Agreed
Quote from Scawen :

I did a quick test with the FZR and didn't see clutch issues.
Can you describe exactly how to reproduce an issue?

I'd like to know how to reproduce this. Can you make it happen again? If so please describe exactly how, and attach the setup if this happens with a specific setup.

Not sure I have been trying to reproduce and came up with nothing, I even checked for hardware faults. Will post a replay if it happens again.
OK, I've reproduced it. Thanks for the description. I don't think it needs old setups.

- create a new setup using the narrow tyres
- give it low pressure
- select a compound that has a low optimum temperature (e.g. knobbly)
- press space bar to reset - tyres are now pressurised to the new spec
- select any wide tyre setup - see the bug

The bug is that when you select the other setup, it retains the air amount from the low pressure setup. This bug has actually been around a long time but only shows up now because that small air mass in a bigger tyre exaggerates the effect.

This doesn't affect racing, it's just a garage bug.
This thread is closed

Test Patch U25: Multiplayer Updates
(352 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG