The online racing simulator
December Progress Report: South City
(194 posts, closed, started )
+1
Looking great! Looks like the highway junction is more complete with all the ramps open for driving! I love that. And the night driving clip looks truly awesome. I love the little glare effect on the lights. Perhaps the little bit of feedback I can give is that the interior looks too illuminated during the night.

Which tracks are left to be overhauled after South City? I think it's only Fern Bay?
I believe Scawen has driven cars in real life and I think he knows himself very well that interiors are illuminated too brightly by other cars Wink
Quote from Garypants :Made a bet with some friends that LFS will be updated by Jan 1st.

You just won that bet, LFS will be updated by Jan 1st 2021. Big grin
ok
Quote from Sobis :I believe Scawen has driven cars in real life and I think he knows himself very well that interiors are illuminated too brightly by other cars Wink

Very true! I do not have any doubts in the devs eye for quality. I guess the interiors are still running the old materials. Maybe we will get some reworked interiors all together when the time comes for new materials Smile
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

In our July progress report we talked about the realtime sky that allows day to night transitions and showed screenshots of the Kyoto track area. Since then, Eric has been working on South City and I have continued with the lighting. More roads have been opened up and you can drive into the multistorey car parks. Road surfaces, fences, barriers, objects and various buildings have been updated. There is still a way to go but we would like to show you some of the changes so far.

We hope you like the pictures and videos!

Scawen

It's not nice to stop in appearance Must be manageable with Insim Smile

Shift + must be in the u section
Attached images
1.PNG
2.PNG
I hope they don't re-do Rockingham to make it look like it does now.
I think he meant re-re-do the night mode. Big grin
I can't wait to have the chance to try the new version, it looks great on the screenshots and videos.

Until then, a little inspiration for the clouds:
https://youtu.be/ofdj3DpGIw0
Quote from AnnieC :I can't wait to have the chance to try the new version, it looks great on the screenshots and videos.

Ye really need some clouds
Quote from AnnieC :I can't wait to have the chance to try the new version, it looks great on the screenshots and videos.

People of AC shader patch are doing some crazy job !

but the best clouds system Ive seen so far are those of the next Flight simulator :

omg !!
Live for Speed is not a weather simulator. We need a simplest possible clouds and more cars and tracks. Big grin
Quote from Evolution_R :Live for Speed is not a weather simulator. We need a simplest possible clouds and more cars and tracks. Big grin

It isn't indeed, but the weather is an important part of racing simulators and live for speed happen to be one of them, so I am curious to see Scawen approach into this matter.
I don't say it's not important, just not as important as other things at this moment. Smile
Quote from Evolution_R :I don't say it's not important, just not as important as other things at this moment. Smile

My whole purpose in life is to see volumetric clouds in LFS, everythings else is futile for me! Petals

Tilt
Quote from lfsrm :My whole purpose in life is to see volumetric clouds in LFS, everythings else is futile for me! Petals

Tilt

No problem, I think in about 5-15 years we may get the test patch... Smile
I would love to stare at the night sky's stars... the constellations and the romance of the moon... Tongue
Quote from mbutcher :
(answering this post : https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1952264#post1952264 )
Assumedly those objects only appear on open configurations.

If we want to be purists : if the lights are there, the connections for them have to be present : under the road or over it.
As there is no connection visible over the road, we can assume the lights are in the concrete and the road with connections inside, and so not removable ^^ .
To be noted, they are not on the racing line, and overpassing there is more than a suicide, so it may not be that important in the end Wink : it will just narrow the line a little !
Its a bad idea to have it in normal race layouts but also in the open world version it would be bad as it would massively limit the so called open racing layout creativity. But, I do not want to jump to any conclusions at this point. First patch-test release the whole stuff and see how it goes. Some kind of track loading switch would be nice but we will see. (Same kind of worries drifters had/have earlier @AutoX)

Quote from Flotch : and so not removable ^^ .

sure it is.. Never seen vandals doing their "job"? In minutes its gone. Im pretty sure if some street circuit race is going to be held at Monaco/Vietnam/Singapore/Azerbaijan the same stuff is being done. Its not much work to remove it temporarily for a race.
Maybe someone suggested something similar already but here's an idea:
Have the extra items on X configurations and don't have them on Y configurations.
Quote from racer autov8 :Maybe someone suggested something similar already but here's an idea:
Have the extra items on X configurations and don't have them on Y configurations.

This.
This thread is closed

(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG