The online racing simulator
A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
Quote from fanatic :hi there, just checking in, still waiting for the new tire physics Smile

I'd say go through Scawen's latest posts, should be interesting Smile
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Im also a returner. Raced 2004-2009 What puzzles me now is that there is nobody racing GTR cars online anymore. Shrug

+1

I came back today after 9 years away. Just for trying VR.

Oh man it's smooth, great experience. Maybe the best experience in VR racing.

LFS>Iracing>RACE Room>Assetto Corsa in VR experience.

About GTR, where are all pilots gone? Empty GTR servers. No more AMG or Cone Dodgers drivers here?Shrug

Weird as in other sims, GT races are the most popular series....

And still waiting for the RB4 GTR......or RAC GTR......

Oh. It's been 10 years for me in LFS now. How time flies. Still waiting for new updates even though I know my pc won't handle it anymore
15.5 years..

Anyone know when Sirocco coming out?

Nah just kidding.

Looking forward to getting back into LFS Smile
whoo rac gtr and rb4 gtr splendid Smile
Older timer here also!
Damn! someone should make an CMX to blender (I use blender) exporter for us to make some concepts and skin renders! :'(
Thanks but it's not compatible with any recent versions :'(.
Wave
Quote from Tomhah :Wave

Look at these old people here waving. Looking You still need 4 more posts to reach post count of this year. Razz
Thanks for the link, but it's not working anymore (would be miraculous if it still working when you see the post date).

Guess I should learn python and write an importer for blender. Schwitz
Quote from lfsrm :Thanks for the link, but it's not working anymore (would be miraculous if it still working when you see the post date).

Guess I should learn python and write an importer for blender. Schwitz

If the old link does not work, let's create a new one.... Smile
I found a copy of the file in my computer... I am sharing with Google Drive...

https://drive.google.com/open? ... wJe2z-Au8tUpg4RfXG767ofS3

This is the original post where I downloaded the models for Blender. The link still works.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/648777#post648777
aww you are the man Smile, much appreciated!
Quote from Eclipsed :Look at these old people here waving. Looking You still need 4 more posts to reach post count of this year. Razz

Old!? Tilt

Yeah, I'm working on it! Gonna post once a year after I reach it, so it stays in sync
In January it will be 17 years on this forum, not counting the time on Race Sim Central and the days before S1.
Quote from lfsrm :aww you are the man Smile, much appreciated!

Hi,

Could you open the file in Blender 2.8? When I open it in Blender 2.8, all the textures are broken.
I read that in Blender 2.8 the textures are different. https://www.katsbits.com/codex/old/

I know only the basic of Blender and I am having difficult to correct the textures.
Quote from regispicanco :Hi,

Could you open the file in Blender 2.8? When I open it in Blender 2.8, all the textures are broken.
I read that in Blender 2.8 the textures are different. https://www.katsbits.com/codex/old/

I know only the basic of Blender and I am having difficult to correct the textures.

Yea because the majority of the Objects UV's are broken, you need to redo them one by one Frown.

Try to work only with project from view, as Eric is using mostly this projection method :

To load the texture you need to rebuild your nods trees using principled BSDF and direct Image input :

Ah and by the way make sure to open the file using the default 2.8 UI.
Attached images
UV.jpg
NODS.jpg
Quote from lfsrm :Yea because the majority of the Objects UV's are broken, you need to redo them one by one Frown.

Try to work only with project from view, as Eric is using mostly this projection method :

To load the texture you need to rebuild your nods trees using principled BSDF and direct Image input :

Ah and by the way make sure to open the file using the default 2.8 UI.

Thank you very much. YOU are the man!!!!!
Maybe Scawen can make for us an OBJ or FBX exporter from the CMX viewer if it's not too much of a hassle :/.
Oops I missed a few years.

This post makes it 17 years.
Quote from Racer Y :
Al Heeley? That guy could make a cool car skin. I think everyone from the old days had at least two of the skins he made.

I heard from Al Heeley maybe two years ago, and about two years before that he made a guitar pedal which I purchased and he mailed it out to me. Al played bass in a punk band last time we spoke.

You may also remember Andy LeClerc, the creator of Bespoke (the little program that allowed us to fully customize our rims).
Has it really been 15 years? Tilt

On the weekend I reinstalled LFS to mess around with the OutSim interface.
Turns out you *can* drive LFS with a simple gamepad and join an online server for an hour or two. Fun times.

Vain
-
(UniValvePlums) DELETED by UniValvePlums
Indeed :-)

A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG