The online racing simulator
Blender CMX importer plugin
(4 posts, started )
Hi people, look at this:

( )

This is the looooong awaited importer for Blender. Although it does not permit to alter the vertex normals, I managed to find a trick to display models very cleanly, maybe most of users will not notice what I mean, but some early cars (XRT, XFG, …) may have shading going to dark at the edges of the hoods, some tires have a hard edge. Anyway the models are to be heavily modified by you dear 3D enthusiasts

It also imports the infamous vertex colors, the hell of skin designers, but fortunately, it is now possible to bake them and to work with.

Here's a quick render, model untouched, just the custom skin texture disabled:

Note there are some glitches, LFS can handle them since its graphic engine is optimized for gaming, but not Blender which is not prepared to such exotic rendering way. Anyway most of 3D enthusiast will replace wheels with hi-detailed ones and thick the transparent parts for raytracing
Bundled new Cycles renderer will let you to create kick-ass renders, 100% free and legal way

Interior, same scene:

The tinted windows don't help…

It can work on Blender version 2.62, maybe lower (I'm too lazy to check that) but certainly not higher since the next version has a non working Python API. Click here to find a Blender 2.62 installer.

To install it, run Blender, go to "File" > "User preferences", "Addons" tab, "install Addon" button, point the io_import_scene_LFS_cmx_262.py file you extracted somewhere on your drive. After validation, check the "Import-Export: Import Live for Speed car (.cmx) Blender 2.62 compatible" line, and tick its case on the right to run the addon.

To make it run each time you open Blender, click on "Save As Default" button.

Then "File" > "import" > you know what's next…
In the file picker dialog you have the option to create dummy LFS-like materials for the model. This loads LFS Viewer's textures and applies automatically the materials on the model.
The second option imports the model's vertex colors.

Have fun
Attached files
Blender LFS CMX importer.zip - 6.3 KB - 1832 views
#2 - PoVo
Thank you! I'm going to test it now

EDIT: I get this error when I try to import any car
Quote :It can work on Blender version 2.62, maybe lower (I'm too lazy to check that) but certainly not higher since the next version has a non working Python API.

That's why you have an error. With the new BMesh system they removed the classic data access methods, without any depreciation warning :gnasher:
#4 - PoVo
Oh right, I didn't read your post correctly, thought it was 2.62 or above. Thanks.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG