The online racing simulator
Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
Quote from richy :Does anyone have a copy of the .rar files pack from earlier links, I can't seem to get that download to work off of the link.

The link I provided above works fine, I just tested it. You have to wait 30 seconds before the download button is activated in the download page. Sorry for the tricky file host I'm using, I'm not rich enough to get a true host.

Quote from kurent :I agree, that's why I included ALL the cars in my tutorial! The "LFS_cars_obj.zip" contains all the cars of LFS. How are you not getting this?

What tutorial are you talking about? a 3dsmax tutorial? my package has the advantage to contain .blend files, which are fully converted cars. Obj file converting with current version of Blender is not possible.
The other tutorial in the 3D Renders section titled "3ds Max 9 Rendering Tutorial". Instead of just putting .max files in I just figured let's put .obj files and make the tutorial reader import them.
Quote from kurent :I agree, that's why I included ALL the cars in my tutorial! The "LFS_cars_obj.zip" contains all the cars of LFS. How are you not getting this?

LOL I just found them obj files and then realised. Sorry!!
You don't need the CMX conversion script, the result of runing this script are the .obj files in my 3ds Max tutorial. Even if you are using Blender just import those .obj files.
:thumbsdowaaarrrggh...cant load a car.When i will import the file, the option window opens, ok.But it looks different to the option window in the tutorial.?What settings i have to use?

thx for Help...
Attached images
Blender_Options.jpg
fix the download link ^_^ pretty pweeez
Like I said many times above, it is impossible to import Lfs cars in obj format.

I'll fix the download link later, I'm not at home now.
It is impossible with the newest version of Blender. You need v2.42 and you can import LFS cars in .obj format.

Luckily I still have the cars in .blend format and have uploaded them here:
LFS cars in Blender format.rar
@ kurent...thx a lot!!!now i got it!
Quote from kurent :It is impossible with the newest version of Blender. You need v2.42 and you can import LFS cars in .obj format.

Even though I am using 3ds max 9 this is still really useful, thanks kurent you are a star!!!!
you can open .blend files with 3dsmax?
Great tutorial you've got here, thanks!

Here's my first try, it doesn't look that great though... Any suggestions?
Attached images
UF1 SR.jpg
Good skin! nice try

Now you can tweak the materials, make the body shiny, reflections etc..
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Good skin! nice try

Now you can tweak the materials, make the body shiny, reflections etc..

Ah, it's just that! Thanks. I'll look on the interweb for more info and give it a go when I have time
Quote from Bogey Jammer :But I'm not against the idea to create a thread in this forum to share your tips and tricks, your materials and scenes, many of us just want to see his skins in a render.

I'd love some ideas and tips on how to make the renders actually look good
The .blend files are missing from the download in first post, anyone care to reupload them?
hello? does anyone have them?
Quote from kurent :It is impossible with the newest version of Blender. You need v2.42 and you can import LFS cars in .obj format.

Here from a post a little bit up from here.
@ Bogey Jammer
Thanx for doing a tut for rendering. I have mostly used blender for lowpoly building of motorcycles and just started to try to learn rendering.
Realy nice of u to share this tutorial

But there is two thing i wont to now how to do and that is:

1. How to do mirroring floor?

2. How to change rims?

Thanks one more for the fantastic guide.
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Realy nice of u to share this tutorial

But there is two thing i wont to now how to do and that is:

1. How to do mirroring floor?

2. How to change rims?

Thanks one more for the fantastic guide.

Hi!
1. Regarding your first question I don't know what you want to do..
Try to follow the red squares in linked picture and you will be able to mirror selected mesh.
http://i174.photobucket.com/al ... by/LFS_Blender_mirror.jpg

2. To change rims you have to make new ones. There is a tutorial for a car at:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=249187

Hope this helps you.
Quote from robps :This is mine currently, having a horrible time getting the glass to look right (so in this shot I tried increasing the number of polys on some of the glass and turned off smoothing).

Using Indigo 0.7 beta 5, probably shouldn't have used an environment map, but never mind

I mean do a floor or ground just like robps has done here.

I will read the tutorial tomorrow, don't have the time now but thanks
This thread is closed

Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG